UnevenEdge

what is your ideal breakfast?

midnight

I don't do breakfast, so I can't really contribute.

I do not like eggs, at all. I do not like grits. I do not like sausage or sausage gravy. Not a big fan of hash browns. Oatmeal is gross to me. 

I guess pancakes and bacon. Cream of wheat is good too. Of course, cereal.

Loaded omelet, loaded hashbrowns and grits.

Sometimes I like a waffle or pancakes but it's usually got to be requested by the kids for me to eat it.

I generally eat lunch foods for breakfast unless I feel like going through all the trouble to cook all that shit I mentioned.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

Loaded omelet, loaded hashbrowns and grits.

Sometimes I like a waffle or pancakes but it's usually got to be requested by the kids for me to eat it.

I generally eat lunch foods for breakfast unless I feel like going through all the trouble to cook all that shit I mentioned.

I never wake up hungry. I can't get out of bed and go eat. I just wait until lunch for my meal. 

2 minutes ago, jackiemarie90 said:

I small breakfast sandwich, preferably with artisan cheese, running egg yolk and some warm ham with spinach. And something sweet with either a pancake, or french toast with a strong cup of coffee.

That sounds really good, minus the egg.

1 minute ago, midnight said:

I never wake up hungry. I can't get out of bed and go eat. I just wait until lunch for my meal. 

Well I wake up at 3am....I don't eat then and there....I am usually pretty hungry by 8 though....Still, sometimes I just say fuck it and wait until lunch.

1 minute ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

Well I wake up at 3am....I don't eat then and there....I am usually pretty hungry by 8 though....Still, sometimes I just say fuck it and wait until lunch.

I'm pretty damn hungry right now, but don't want to make noodles to go with the rest of the spaghetti sauce. A bowl of cereal looks like it's in the works. I tend to eat a bowl of cereal as a night time snack. 

Just now, midnight said:

I'm pretty damn hungry right now, but don't want to make noodles to go with the rest of the spaghetti sauce. A bowl of cereal looks like it's in the works. I tend to eat a bowl of cereal as a night time snack. 

I finally made the tempura I was going on about last week.....I didn't realize how sticky it was once it hits the oil so I had like a huge prawn patty....It was good, but lesson learned not to try to fry too much at once.  The kids begged for pizza before we got home.....I told them I was going to cook but I caved and got pizza since I knew I was experimenting.

I eat this like once every other month or so but:

Shoneys steak fried chicken, fried bologna, grits, cheese and beef hash with blueberry muffin

Or

Waffle house grits, cheese eggs 1 extra egg, sausage pattie, raisin bread extra apple butter

23 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

I finally made the tempura I was going on about last week.....I didn't realize how sticky it was once it hits the oil so I had like a huge prawn patty....It was good, but lesson learned not to try to fry too much at once.  The kids begged for pizza before we got home.....I told them I was going to cook but I caved and got pizza since I knew I was experimenting.

I learned that lesson years ago. Somewhat. Sometimes, when I'm frying our homemade french fries, I'm supposed to fry small, very small batches at a time. But after frying for so long, I usually get the point of ''fuck this'' and start frying bigger batches, so I can get done. Sometimes, those fuckers are all stuck together. I don't care. I'll take the cluster of fries and eat the shit out of them.

21 minutes ago, fuggstop said:

I eat this like once every other month or so but:

Shoneys steak fried chicken, fried bologna, grits, cheese and beef hash with blueberry muffin

Or

Waffle house grits, cheese eggs 1 extra egg, sausage pattie, raisin bread extra apple butter

Nabs is gonna shit a brick.

1 minute ago, midnight said:

I learned that lesson years ago. Somewhat. Sometimes, when I'm frying our homemade french fries, I'm supposed to fry small, very small batches at a time. But after frying for so long, I usually get the point of ''fuck this'' and start frying bigger batches, so I can get done. Sometimes, those fuckers are all stuck together. I don't care. I'll take the cluster of fries and eat the shit out of them.

Well I don't have this problem with yellow flour.  or even white flour....I know how to fry....It's just that as soon as tempura hits the oil, it clings to the other batter.  It said to drop them one at a time, but I'm hard headed.

1 minute ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

Well I don't have this problem with yellow flour.  or even white flour....I know how to fry....It's just that as soon as tempura hits the oil, it clings to the other batter.  It said to drop them one at a time, but I'm hard headed.

Tempura can be a pain in the ass. 

But I don't use any flour at all on my fries. (My mom always used flour to make ''fries'').

But throwing too many in at once, will still give the same results. Stuck together. 

1 minute ago, Naraku4656 said:

i'm hoping to make myself a nice batch of death one of these days. but until then, blueberry pancakes it is

I like blueberry ones too. 

I kind of want some with pecans and a nice buttery syrup right now though. 

2 hours ago, midnight said:

I don't do breakfast, so I can't really contribute.

I do not like eggs, at all. I do not like grits. I do not like sausage or sausage gravy. Not a big fan of hash browns. Oatmeal is gross to me. 

I guess pancakes and bacon. Cream of wheat is good too. Of course, cereal.

Lasagna 

• Like 1