UnevenEdge

Joker (2019) - Joaquin Phoenix - First Teaser Trailer - 10/04/19

PowerKing

28 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

This is just a huge amalgamation of "hard pass".

I'm vaguely interested.

I like character study movies, but I get the feeling that since this is associated with DC Comics that the theaters are gonna be packed full of the popcorn-going masses; instead of ten people scattered around silently contemplating a work of art.

I just can't handle packed theaters full of nerdgasms and crinkling wrappers.

Which was surprisingly not the case when I went to see DBS: Broly earlier this year.

Even though it was opening night there were still maybe like 15 seats unoccupied, which is still pretty packed... But the audience was surprisingly respectful.

I'm going off on a tangent, though.

Eh.

Joker.

50/50.

Interested but dreading the comic fans.

56 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

This looks like a loaf of fail.

Best Joker origin story is from Batman Killing Joke.

I respect Joaquin as an actor. His pedigree is the only reason I'd consider even seeing it.

DC fans are either gonna love this or eviscerate it.

20 minutes ago, PowerKing said:

I respect Joaquin as an actor. His pedigree is the only reason I'd consider even seeing it.

DC fans are either gonna love this or eviscerate it.

I certainly think this is better than meth Joker, but I still think it will be awful.

I wonder if rotten tomatoes will cover for this film the way they covered for Capt. Marvel?

8 hours ago, viperxmns said:

The way they're doing it might be interesting, though I wonder if connection to Batman is tenuous

Hard to tell at this point in time.

I read somewhere that since DC failed to replicate the MCU model they're going to focus on a shared universe rather than a cinematic universe. Basically means the DC Comics movies will all be set in the DC universe, but they aren't going to attempt to recreate the MCU's massive overarching plot and are pretty much dropping movie continuity and ditching exclusive character actors.

Which is a smart move in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Jman said:

Martin Scorsese is a producer and Robert DeNiro is in it.  I’m more interested than I would be in say, Sanic.

Yeah...

But they're both senile and have one foot in the grave at this point.

They have zero shits left to give.

I agree with you on that last point, though; that distilled cancer is probably a herald for one of the fucking horsemen.

13 hours ago, PowerKing said:

So this is why so many people are turning their noses up at this...

Sigh...

I still want to see it. 

Fuck the internet nerds who think it's about a mediocre white guy who is going to inspire other mediocre white guys to be killers. 

It's a Joker movie. And Joaquin is an awesome actor. 

I'm not interested in any new superhero movies ever. I've been done for years. Now I'm getting hostile.

I only want to see maybe a horror movie where all the superheros get killed and theres lots of gore and tasteless jumpscares bc superhero fans would hate that.

The other exception is a new mystery men movie

• Like 1