UnevenEdge

Love, Death, & Robots (Netflix)

Mix

4 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Everything passed through them while they were on the ground. The fish were initially unaware that they were there. When the dude climbed up and was able to swim, when he touched the jelly fish it actually reacted to him so he was actually apart of their "reality?". So since he was able to react to, feel, and touch the other fish, it was only inevitable his dumb ass was going to get killed. I think even the old dude was like.... hold up ... you going too far. 

Oh yeah that’s right 😮

Beyond the Aquila Rift  by Alistair Reynolds held more details...

Apparently the FTL tech they're using to travel across the universe is alien tech that they discovered and don't fully understand. The technology is old and it's creators gone, so there hasn't been much upkeep. There are different networks of rifts scattered around space that drifted apart for whatever reason, probably lack of upkeep. Some of the long distance connections are still alive and get triggered when there's an error in routing. The routing error made The Blue Goose jump all the way to the Magellanic Clouds. That's the central hub. Blue Goose is the first human ship that made it there, but there are countless other alien ships that were taken from their home network due to routing error. There are a lot of alien survivors in this place. All fairly hideous looking so Tom goes into shock. His crew is dead. Suzy, the spider alien, is thousands of years old and has been here a while. She doesn't know much about the alien tech, but knows how the networks are organized. She is trying to help his mind cope bye giving him things to focus on like taking care of his crew and reuniting with an old flame.

10 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I'm not interested in discussing the intergalactic spider that was obviously consuming something from its captors.....I will go back to why i disliked Zima Blue.  While the primise itself, a being becoming so advanced that it could no longer find happiness except in completing a task and a job well done, but the fact that this dude managed to stay super famous and relevant of the course of centuries because of distinctly colored shapes. 

I mean I'm no art buff (I mean I like to draw but I mean snooty art) so far be it from me to say what will wow the upper echelon, but his shit was trash if you ask me.....I'm not leaving the planet to see any of the shit I saw in his episode. If anything, I would just like to get close to him and find out how much a lava retardant body hits you for.....Only to find out he's a fucking robot anyway.

You didn't finish your thought....while the premise itself issssss what?

• 2 months later...

So I just rewatched with a friend and I dunno wtf happened. They changed the order of the episodes and added very annoying narration. 

I didn’t like it at all. They put 3 robots first and then the robot that sounds kind of like Siri narrates all the action throughout and then it switches to another but it’s still annoying reading every bit of action 

I almost stopped watching when ‘Witness’ came on cuz I’m not blind and didn’t wanna see that annoying shit, but inexplicably and luckily they stopped from tha ep forward. They ruined Sonny’s Edge, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Ice Age and a few others 

Edited by 1pooh4u

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

So I just rewatched with a friend and I dunno wtf happened. They changed the order of the episodes and added very annoying narration. 

I didn’t like it at all. They put 3 robots first and then the robot that sounds kind of like Siri narrates all the action throughout and then it switches to another but it’s still annoying reading every bit of action 

I almost stopped watching when ‘Witness’ came on cuz I’m not blind and didn’t wanna see that annoying shit, but inexplicably and luckily they stopped from tha ep forward. They ruined Sonny’s Edge, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Ice Age and a few others 

They said they were going to play with the order from time to time, but they didn't mention any narration add-ons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mix said:

They said they were going to play with the order from time to time, but they didn't mention any narration add-ons

The narration add-ons are terrible they are literally reading all the action direction found in screenplays 😬

I didn’t care about the change in order, but the narration bothered me a lot 😆

Edited by 1pooh4u

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Give it a quick watch when you have time if you wanna. Tell me what you think

oh and btw @Mix Amazon Prime has A Scanner Darkly to watch for free if you wanna see that again 

I own it on dvd 9_9

but yeah, i'll check out love, death, and robots to see the changes

• Like 1

@1pooh4u

The order of episodes is the same for me and there is no narration.....I looked it up and it said they were trying out different orders of episodes for different users, but it never mentioned anything about the narration....sooo, idk what to tell you

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mix said:

@1pooh4u

The order of episodes is the same for me and there is no narration.....I looked it up and it said they were trying out different orders of episodes for different users, but it never mentioned anything about the narration....sooo, idk what to tell you

It wasn’t my account. I’m renting a house so maybe they are experimenting with people that never saw it before?

please believe me. It was awful ☹️

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, 1pooh4u said:

The narration add-ons are terrible they are literally reading all the action direction found in screenplays 😬

I didn’t care about the change in order, but the narration bothered me a lot 😆

I'd check the audio settings. Accessiblity settings may have got flipped on accidentally. 

Anyway, liked the show. Kinda fell in line with most of the preferred episodes listed in here already. Thought the string of weak eps near the end weighed the show down a bit, though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I'd check the audio settings. Accessiblity settings may have got flipped on accidentally. 

Anyway, liked the show. Kinda fell in line with most of the preferred episodes listed in here already. Thought the string of weak eps near the end weighed the show down a bit, though.

Yeah I noticed later that someone did that on purpose. I wasn’t using my account at the time. Apparently people like watching and hearing descriptions at the same time 🤷‍♀️

Was driving me crazy honestly 😬😆

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

They’re coming out with another volume. Looking forward to that

Old article 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2019/06/10/love-death-and-robots-gets-second-season-on-netflix/amp/

Nice.

Edit - New producer Jennifer Yuh Nelson.  Hoo boy.  The whole thing is supposed to be Heavy Metal reboot but it looks like the complainers might tone it down.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just watched season two. It seemed very short compared to the first. The animation styles varied and were really good like in season one. The shorts all seemed to have an immortality theme running throughout most of them.  Idk maybe I’ll give it another go. Really can’t say any short was my favorite cuz tbh it was disappointing for the most part.  Ice Whales and Snow in the desert were ok. Idk season one was better imo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Just watched season two. It seemed very short compared to the first. The animation styles varied and were really good like in season one. The shorts all seemed to have an immortality theme running throughout most of them.  Idk maybe I’ll give it another go. Really can’t say any short was my favorite cuz tbh it was disappointing for the most part.  Ice Whales and Snow in the desert were ok. Idk season one was better imo. 

The animators they brought in were amazing. The stories were just a bit thin compared to last season. I loved the santa clause monster.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mix said:

The animators they brought in were amazing. The stories were just a bit thin compared to last season. I loved the santa clause monster.

“What would’ve happened if we weren’t good?”

that was a good one, but I felt like some were way too short.  I thought the one with the ice whales was a little short. I didn’t get The Drowned Giant at all.  Was there a dimension with very small humans that never saw regular sized humans?  

With the exception of one or two they all were either about immortality, or tech gone too far. Last season was better with more variety 

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

that was a good one, but I felt like some were way too short.  I thought the one with the ice whales was a little short. I didn’t get The Drowned Giant at all.  Was there a dimension with very small humans that never saw regular sized humans?  

With the exception of one or two they all were either about immortality, or tech gone too far. Last season was better with more variety 

Yeah, the ice whales episode seemed more about the animation than the story. I don't think they had the wealth of award winning short stories which they had last season, but the fans wanted more and the animators were psyched to show off their stuff, so they cranked another season out. 

The drowned giant as the only one where it seems like they took already existing prose which was never meant to be animated and threw it on screen. I haven't looked this up, but I think the original piece of writing was probably meant to highlight how people transform the remarkable into the mundane. 

• Like 2

They should have just taken their time. We were waiting a long time anyway.  At least it feels like it.  I’d rather have waited even longer to get more, and better stories than to just be disappointed that it took 2+ years only to make eye candy with no substance 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:30 PM, 1pooh4u said:

I didnt really get The Drowned Giant either, but I would like to add that I just finished watching the available episodes of Attack on Titan so I was like ....y'all not trying to find out where this bitch came from?!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I didnt really get The Drowned Giant either, but I would like to add that I just finished watching the available episodes of Attack on Titan so I was like ....y'all not trying to find out where this bitch came from?!!

Exactly. Why weren’t they all amazed by the giant?  Why were they playing on a stinking rotting corpse?  Only one being cared to think about it