UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
SwimModSponges

ITN: "I control the military, I control the police. I have biker gangs on my side. DO NOT FUCK WITH ME."

-the president

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

https://www.breitart.com/politics/2019/03/13/exclusive-president-donald-trump-paul-ryan-blocked-subpoenas-of-democrats/

• Like 1

First, Breitbart. They are the chihuahua of 'news' - lots of barking and they might scare small children. 

Secondly, that comments section. :D It states they welcome thoughtful responses and inputs but will boot anything that's harassment, threats, or other violations. Which is immediately followed by post after post of citrus fart sniffers screaming for all traitors to the party to be arrested and at least one mentioning how a predator hunter should blow weak traitors away [ so bad a thing but … ] . They either really know their audience or they've got basement dwelling incels monitoring the comments section like it's their neighbor's daughter in order to keep the bad people from posting any of their 'fake news' on the fake news.

• Like 1

Breitbart was the second site I pulled the quote from since the first seemed too liberal-leaning and I wanted to see if there was additional content to the quote that would make it seem better in context.

Spoiler alert- no, there wasn't.

• Like 1

He's so hysterically a summoned golem of Boomer Essence.  Just hollow threats and fading synapses lashing out at the TV.

• Like 4

I’m not afraid of people who are scared of dogs they shoot them with plastic pistols that explode after 500 rounds, and I’m really not afraid of a bunch of out of shape boomers who LARP like they’re an actual MC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder what would happen if he actually tried to make good on that. It might be hilarious. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KimopoBotar said:

I wonder what would happen if he actually tried to make good on that. It might be hilarious. 

Nevermind the fact the institutions he cited are about as split politically as the rest of the country (though to be fair I can't speak of any Gallup polling of Hell's Angels), it's the same thinking that led the South to believe they'd win the Civil War; because they had "manpower".  It has been repeatedly demonstrated through US and world history that it matters what kind of men you're calling upon to wield as your power.  

• Like 2

im so scared of your bikers mr dump

30 minutes ago, enad said:

Nevermind the fact the institutions he cited are about as split politically as the rest of the country (though to be fair I can't speak of any Gallup polling of Hell's Angels), it's the same thinking that led the South to believe they'd win the Civil War; because they had "manpower".  It has been repeatedly demonstrated through US and world history that it matters what kind of men you're calling upon to wield as your power.  

Well that and there really isn't any legal mechanism for him to even try. I just want to see the results of him trying. Imagine the tantrum he'd throw. Hopefully publicly so we can all see him cry. 

• Like 1

He doesn't need the combined strength of the full military, police, or biker hangs.

He only needs a handful to kill people.

You guys still thinking you're going to walk away from this with Democrats' heads still attached...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course he could do some harm if he chooses to, any leader of any country could.  But that was not the point nor is it what he's threatening.  The suggestion is he can silence the opposition against him with brute intimidation.  He can't even intimidate Mitt Romney into voting to protect his national emergency declaration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well good, surely this is the end to it and he never uses the military to threaten people again. 

Just like he shut up about that wall.

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Well good, surely this is the end to it and he never uses the military to threaten people again. 

Just like he shut up about that wall.

Oh he will, and honestly i wouldn't put it past him trying make good on it. 

But that requires a lot of things to fall into place for it to really work. Chances are he'd have some folks on his side, but the chain of command would be broken before he could mobolize anyone. My personal fear is more the command structure for the launching of nukes. If the command makes it past the senior officer at the Pentagon, it's a sure thing. That's far more of a threat than him effectively mobilizing his own security force. 

Though anything is possible and i don't doubt for a second that his cult doesn't believe exactly what you say and welcome that outcome. 

8 hours ago, enad said:

He can't even intimidate Mitt Romney into voting to protect his national emergency declaration.

The vote was a setup just like Kavanaugh's week-long investigation that didn't actually investigate anything.

Republicans wanted to be able to say "Well, we did what we could, but the strong president pushed through with his veto and now there's nothing we can do about it. Looks like we're getting a wall!"

27 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

The vote was a setup just like Kavanaugh's week-long investigation that didn't actually investigate anything.

Republicans wanted to be able to say "Well, we did what we could, but the strong president pushed through with his veto and now there's nothing we can do about it. Looks like we're getting a wall!"

The bare minimum for it to pass the Senate was all the Democrats and four of the Republicans.  That is what would have happened if it were purely a show vote.  Instead 12 Republicans voted for it.  People like Lamar Alexander and Romney who live in ruby red states and have nothing to gain from defying the president who is a very popular with GOP voters.  They wouldn't do that if they were intimidated by him.  It's functionally a vote of no confidence from a significant plurality of his party.  And given that he only won the electoral college by 70000 votes last time he can't afford that much defection.

Now people like Ben Sasse voted in favor of the national emergency but he has always been a morality preening fraud whose misgivings begin and end on Twitter.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:45 PM, Poof said:

im so scared of your bikers mr dump

They are terrifying.

• Like 4

xD biker gangs.

is he talking about 'kid rock' and his 'honorary membership' (but not really a member) of that 

biker gang in michigan?

If you don't think there's a large subset of criminal motorcycle enthusiasts just waiting for the official order to start systematically killing minorities, you're going to have a bad time. 

13 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

If you don't think there's a large subset of criminal motorcycle enthusiasts just waiting for the official order to start systematically killing minorities, you're going to have a bad time. 

They can fuck around if they want. They’ll find out. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:07 PM, Poof said:

remember when he followed @emergencykittens & unfollowed them bc everyone was making fun of him for it?

Hi - I'd like to know more about this emergency kittens, please?

26 minutes ago, Clu said:

Hi - I'd like to know more about this emergency kittens, please?

it was near the beginning of his term. ppl noticed he followed it. its just cute kitty pics. ppl made fun of him for it. and then he quietly unfollowed it. tbh i don't think ppl should have made fun of him for it. everybody needs a break. even wannabe dictators. but him unfollowing bc he got insecure i do think is funny

C1I1glIUsAAnYdi.jpg

• Like 1

I'm following that shit so fucking hard... And I'm on Xbox... Get on, slut.

2 minutes ago, Clu said:

I'm following that shit so fucking hard... And I'm on Xbox... Get on, slut.

it's being used. I'll hyu if i can get on

4 minutes ago, Poof said:

it's being used. I'll hyu if i can get on

Kick them off. I'm more important than anything, ever.

8 hours ago, Poof said:

it was near the beginning of his term. ppl noticed he followed it. its just cute kitty pics. ppl made fun of him for it. and then he quietly unfollowed it. tbh i don't think ppl should have made fun of him for it. everybody needs a break. even wannabe dictators. but him unfollowing bc he got insecure i do think is funny

C1I1glIUsAAnYdi.jpg

If i had Twitter I'd probably follow that and not worry if anyone noticed. I love kittens. 

It's hilarious that his constant need to feel like a real man won't let him have that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Poof said:

C1I1glIUsAAnYdi.jpg

Him being humiliated by his interests being public is probably the most human part of him.

59 minutes ago, enad said:

Him being humiliated by his interests being public is probably the most human part of him.

He's incredibly human. I've met many folks just like him.

He's just unstable and self absorbed and somehow conned his way into office.