UnevenEdge

Why is Hulk Hogan back?

Mix

I just saw him in a Wrestlemania ad.....I thought he was cancelled 

I'm not a WWE fan, so I don't keep up with the news, but I could have sworn he was dropped after the racism/homophobia thing he tossed into his sex tape

2 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

His first appearance back was in last year's Saudi Arabia PPV. He also got reinstated to the Hall of Fame after his apology tour, but the Saudi Arabia show helped kick things off. 

un....believable -_-

He also appeared on Raw when Mean Gene Okerlund died.

He was one of the greatest of all time in my opinion when I was younger.

After watching his reality show he had years ago, I learned he was a piece of shit.

I can't stand him now. But since the Saudi's have invested millions and have the WWE locked into a contract, they make the calls when it comes to their shows over there. Like, no women can appear. They can't even be seen in ads there. And they wanted Hogan, so they got Hogan.

Those shows in Saudi Arabia are horrible too. With the exception of Titus World Slide. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, midnight said:

I watch Raw and Smackdown every week, and all the PPV's. He's not the only one they could ship over there. 

Other people that are problematic? or they just suck?

It's primarily the story lines people care about right? Since the matches are fixed?

Edited by Mix
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mix said:

Other people that are problematic? or they just suck?

It's primarily the story lines people care about right? Since the matches are fixed?

Some of both. Some are problematic, and some do suck.

I guess I shouldn't say they suck at wrestling, because most are quite good. It's the writing staff that could get shipped away. They can make or break a person's career. There are some highly skilled performers who get buried with stupid characters and terrible writing behind their characters. 

Yeah the matches are fixed. The referee keeps the performers informed of the time, and when to wrap things up. 

18 minutes ago, midnight said:

Some of both. Some are problematic, and some do suck.

I guess I shouldn't say they suck at wrestling, because most are quite good. It's the writing staff that could get shipped away. They can make or break a person's career. There are some highly skilled performers who get buried with stupid characters and terrible writing behind their characters. 

Yeah the matches are fixed. The referee keeps the performers informed of the time, and when to wrap things up. 

You think they shell out for good writers?

I'm thinking the money goes to the wrestlers and the writers are just people looking for work and writing credits 

9 minutes ago, Mix said:

You think they shell out for good writers?

I'm thinking the money goes to the wrestlers and the writers are just people looking for work and writing credits 

Some of the writing staff is retired wrestlers. Some have been with the company a long time. Yeah. Those people make some bank. Not what the performers are making, but a lot. Then you've got wrestlers like John Cena who is only making a handful of appearances a year, and he's making more than most of the roster. Brock Lesnar is the Universal Champion and he only wrestles about 4 matches a year. Making the most money of anyone. He can be shipped to Saudi far as I'm concerned.