UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online III: Alicization Episode 2 Discussion

ben0119

logo_sp.png

EPISODE 2 DISCUSSION

Last time, on the special one hour premiere of Sword Art Online: Alicization, we find a young Kirito working in a medieval village as a lumberjack trying to chop down the Gigas Cedar, a tree that's taken hundreds of years just to make a small indentation in the side.  It seems Kirito and Eugeo will at this for quite a while.  Along with their friend Alice, they decide to collect some ice from a cave to preserve food in the village.  Things go sour when Alice touches the Dark Territory and is arrested by an Integrity Knight for violating the Taboo Index, to be carried off and seemingly executed.  Kirito and Eugeo are both helpless to do anything, as Kirito is held down by fellow villagers, and Eugeo seemingly paralyzed as a strange warning symbol appears in his eye.

We then see Kirito wake up from what we can presume is a full dive machine.  But this one is different.  Kirito can't remember anything he does in the virtual world, and it's impossible to distinguish from the real world.  Kirito wants to see where the technology is going and find out what Kayaba was planning.  Just after Asuna says she will move to America with Kirito to join him on his quest, they are attacked by the last member of Laughing Coffin and the other half of the Death Gun Duo, Johnny Black.  What happens next?!  Find out tonight, on Toonami,  on Sword Art Online: Alicization!

This jammin OP was cut by Toonami last time, where it plays at the end of the first episode.  Hopefully we'll get to see it in full at least once on Toonami tonight.  The ED should be premiering as well.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just as a heads up I have Tequila for Tomorrow........and probably several weeks to come since I have a full bottle of it

that said AIN'T NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL I'm gonna drink enough of it to interfere with my ability to type because I DON'T WANT TO VOMIT!

• Like 1

Oh right this is something Jason and Gill announced in yesterday's Pre-Flight and one that I forgot to post here:

.... *ahem* ... Toonami is no longer going to do topicals for all their new shows. They're just going to reserve them for the first one on the block (in this case, Dragonball Super), and their newest acquisition (in this case, SAO: The Alicining). 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Oh right this is something Jason and Gill announced in yesterday's Pre-Flight and one that I forgot to post here:

.... *ahem* ... Toonami is no longer going to do topicals for all their new shows. They're just going to reserve them for the first one on the block (in this case, Dragonball Super), and their newest acquisition (in this case, SAO: The Alicining). 

again, worrysome

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, elfie said:

Trying to lighten their workload I guess?  I'll miss the topicals for the other shows.  It is what it is, I suppose.

• Like 2