UnevenEdge

Finished ffx

That_One_Guy

That last boss was a joke. Seriously. Also I figured out why I don't like a lot of square games. It's the grinding you need to do. The repetitive battles you have to auto pilot through just to stand any chance against later bosses. It's really boring to me. With older final fantasy games I think the nostalgia factor holds my interest. Idk maybe turn based attack games aren't my thing. Then again I loved paper Mario.... Idk I'm done with this game. I might play ffx2 never lol

If you didn’t like X you won’t like X-2. They had this weird outfit thing going on and I hated it. 

The game focuses on the female FF characters and they use clothing as a device to build up character strength (from what I remember I gave up very quickly)

I just thought it wasn’t very good 😬

Edited by 1pooh4u

X-2 is way better than X. Job system, much deeper character customization, a faster battle system closer to the older games but turned up to 11, and most importantly, 99% less Tidus. There's another character who uses the same voice actor but he's not a whiny bitch like Tidus. 

Then again, Yuna is one of my favorite FF characters so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Damn. I might dig out the PS2 and play it again.

59 minutes ago, Greeny said:

X-2 is way better than X. Job system, much deeper character customization, a faster battle system closer to the older games but turned up to 11, and most importantly, 99% less Tidus. There's another character who uses the same voice actor but he's not a whiny bitch like Tidus. 

Then again, Yuna is one of my favorite FF characters so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Damn. I might dig out the PS2 and play it again.

You must be biased because that game is an actual embarrassment. I'd rather sit through the laughing scene in FFX than any scene in FFX-2. At least with the laughing scene you might cringe but you get to keep your dignity.

The battle system is the only redeeming quality of X-2. Otherwise... I'd hide the fact I played that game from God if I could.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Opium said:

You must be biased because that game is an actual embarrassment. I'd rather sit through the laughing scene in FFX than any scene in FFX-2. At least with the laughing scene you might cringe but you get to keep your dignity.

The battle system is the only redeeming quality of X-2. Otherwise... I'd hide the fact I played that game from God if I could.

The plot certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea (it's pretty stupid), on that we can agree, but I liked that fact that it didn't take itself too seriously. When you consider how goddamn pretentious the 13 trilogy was (although I really, really liked Lightning Returns), I wouldn't mind another FF with a lighter tone, tbh. The biggest reasons why I like those games are purely gameplay related. Slap the job system on anything and I'll automatically get some enjoyment out of it. I have slight OCD and games like that with good character customization just scratch that itch for me.

9 hours ago, Opium said: