UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #35 (222) Discussion

3 hours ago, Daos said:

Keep in mind Momo could make explosives or machine guns and just shoot people.

Yeah, if Momo was like T-1000, and could just make simple constructs, it would be one thing, but we saw her make flashbang grenades and that special alloy.  She could make ANYTHING.  Maybe didn't do that in this case because it's a school exercise??

31 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, if Momo was like T-1000, and could just make simple constructs, it would be one thing, but we saw her make flashbang grenades and that special alloy.  She could make ANYTHING.  Maybe didn't do that in this case because it's a school exercise??

She made an assault cannon in one of the first episodes of S2 and blew a giant robot away with it. She could have made stun grenades or a stun gun or a tranquilizer dart....  her ability is one of the most overpowered she can do just about anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daos said:

She made an assault cannon in one of the first episodes of S2 and blew a giant robot away with it. She could have made stun grenades or a stun gun or a tranquilizer dart....  her ability is one of the most overpowered she can do just about anything.

Oh ok.  Right.  I was just thinking Momo would probably go for non-lethal in this case since she's fighting the teacher.  The stuff you said would've been good options.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  Right.  I was just thinking Momo would probably go for non-lethal in this case since she's fighting the teacher.  The stuff you said would've been good options.

I honestly think the author didn't think about how overpowered her quirk would be so she ends up seeming kind of dumb for never using it to its full potential.

When the school was attacked, why didn't she just whip out dual glocks and start blapping everyone? Or a Rocket launcher with ammo that she could infinitely produce? A flamethrower? A gun that shoots nets? Instead she just makes electric insulation and has Kaminari electrocute everyone. 

33 minutes ago, Daos said:

I honestly think the author didn't think about how overpowered her quirk would be so she ends up seeming kind of dumb for never using it to its full potential.

When the school was attacked, why didn't she just whip out dual glocks and start blapping everyone? Or a Rocket launcher with ammo that she could infinitely produce? A flamethrower? A gun that shoots nets? Instead she just makes electric insulation and has Kaminari electrocute everyone. 

Yup there really should have been some kind of limit on what Momo could create, level of sophistication of what could be created, certain materials she couldn't make, etc.

Yeah there's no reason to just make anything in a real fight against villains.

28 minutes ago, Daos said:

Hahahahahaha!

Hey, he agrees with me about Inko being a terrible mother! :D And so that's her name.  Not sure it was ever even said?

Yeah Momo could be doing a lot more with herself.  I assume there's some limit to how much she can produce though. :P

7 hours ago, Daos said:

1. she lacks confidence in herself and gets easily stressed in combat despite being the best at written tests

2. she is required to know the ENTIRE make-up of whatever she wants to make, and that means endless nights studying its chemicals and how they attach to each other. She never catches up.

3. like everyone else, she is still practicing how to use her power. No one can be an expert at one thing in the first several years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elfie said:

1. she lacks confidence in herself and gets easily stressed in combat despite being the best at written tests

2. she is required to know the ENTIRE make-up of whatever she wants to make, and that means endless nights studying its chemicals and how they attach to each other. She never catches up.

3. like everyone else, she is still practicing how to use her power. No one can be an expert at one thing in the first several years.

Yeah but she already made a giant assault cannon. She knows how to make heavy artillery. That should be her go to in every big fight.

12 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yeah but she already made a giant assault cannon. She knows how to make heavy artillery. That should be her go to in every big fight.

Just because you know how to make something doesn't mean you can do it every time. There could be other factors we didn't take into account.

Momo is the unofficial mascot of chemical engineer MHA fans everywhere!!

(Yes, I actually do have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, which is about as underused as Momo's power!)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia/episode-35/.121151

Grade: "B+". I think that's lowballing it a bit, but to be fair, the episode really only shined in the 2nd half. The 1st half stuff was clever but lackluster by comparison.

• Thanks 2