UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

I wondered why all the other VA's were so eager to throw him under the bus based on hearsay, that would explain it.

Pretty amazing he got away with it for so long. It's not like he was CEO of Funimation and not an easily replaceable VA.

This is a pretty big stain on Funimation's name.

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

I wondered why all the other VA's were so eager to throw him under the bus based on hearsay, that would explain it.

Just based on hearsay? I mean it's not like they haven't been forced to work with and associate with the man for like the last 15 years. If fans witnessed it, then so did his co-workers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Hopefully no one at FUNimation is taking a "we just didn't know!" stance. 9_9

No wonder Gen resigned.

This is a huge stain on FUNi’s resume now, and pleading ignorance isn’t going to help.

• Like 1

I'm under the impression that Vic's employers always knew. It was probably at least an open secret for so long that someone wanted to do something, but were either too scared or got blocked by higher management.

It should also be emphasized that that it took the previous scandal with Hazu for someone to even make a move on this. This thread from a former ANN staffer details the pain some of them felt from knowing they'd been taken advantage of by a predator. What we're seeing here is the changing attitudes of those who realized they could've done more, as they become empathetic for survivors and want to get their abusers brought to justice. I think that's what we should be focusing on, rather than pointing the finger at those who were complicit in enabling sex crimes for years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

I think that's what we should be focusing on, rather than pointing the finger at those who were complicit in enabling sex crimes for years.

Depends. Have these people come forward now because they're afraid of being called out for saying nothing for so many years? If it was so well-known why was he still being allowed to behave in such a manner?

6 minutes ago, RPD said:

Depends. Have these people come forward now because they're afraid of being called out for saying nothing for so many years? If it was so well-known why was he still being allowed to behave in such a manner?

It was a time before #MeToo.

Edited by PokeNirvash

47 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It was a time before #MeToo.

I don't care what time is was. If what is being said about him is true, something should have been done about it years ago. People don't have to wait for something to become fashionable to act...

1 hour ago, RPD said:

Because no one cared about the victims. He was a marketable name for anime conventions and that's literally the only thing they cared about. The fact that multiple con staffers have said on Twitter they were told not to complain about him or they'd be barred from working the con speaks volumes. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Examples?

well off the top of my head:

While I realize he's ALSO going through a controversy right now, Todd Haberkorn sounds almost identical to him

(he's Jadeite)

Richard Cox (inuyasha)

Kaji Tang has mentioned on twitter that he can do a perfect impression of Vic's Ed Elric Voice

Roger Craig Smith

Jason Griffith(the past sonic voice)

I could go on but you get the idea

Any man with a Baritone voice doing an impression of a teenage boy sounds like Vic

Edited by mochi

38 minutes ago, RPD said:

I find it interesting so many people who admit to not being involved in the con scene whatsoever, and who don't know any of the people involved, are taking Vic's side. How do they know he's not guilty?

I mean when the only people who don't think he's guilty are the people who've never had a personal encounter with him and know nothing about him that kinda says everything

• Like 2

Videl's VA, and Frieza's Understudy have nothing but words of support for the Kickvic movement

also sounds like Kara is saying she personally experienced sexual harrassment from Vic
Edited by mochi
  • Like 4

I  heard some star trek fans have been defending  Vic Mignogna
As a Star Trek fan, I feel like I need to apologize for my fellow star trek fan

I am  sorry    

there were some videos from star trek fan Community on youtube I what state what feel about this

that is i can see him doing this shit 

and for  my fellow star trek fans defending him  just because he made a few fan films

that is not a reason  to defend some one

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

And now for my official, serious thoughts on the matter.

that's kind of what I'm doing, I mean I side with the theory it's true more....but nothing I can say will really matter so I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, mochi said:

I mean when the only people who don't think he's guilty are the people who've never had a personal encounter with him and know nothing about him that kinda says everything

That and his Risembool Rangers cult members.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-04/vic-mignogna-no-longer-a-member-of-rwby-cast/.142946

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-05/vic-mignogna-replaced-in-morose-mononokean-english-dub-cast/.143026

Yep Vic got fired by Rooster Teeth, and Funimation.  Vic has also been dropped from nearly every anime convention except one that is run by a serial sexual harasser.  He's fucked.  I haven't paid attention to the Star Trek side of things, but hopefully that fandom is disowning him too.

Besides Monical Rial saying that Vic did something to her, she said she also confronted Vic twice about his behavior towards his fans, and it was crocodile tears and then he was right back at it.  So that apology video he did is definitely not genuine (remember he's an actor, too.)  Vic knew what he was doing.  Though he also apparently told someone else that silence is consent.  So yeaahhh...

The antisemitism thing isn't really that major of a deal in all this.  Besides that holocaust comment, which is a bit of a reach, if you read the ANN article -

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-30/far-from-perfect-fans-recount-unwanted-affection-from-voice-actor-vic-mignogna/.142212

A Jewish fan of Mignogna's work on Persona 3 left his autograph line feeling judged in 2010. The 19-year-old lined up with a replica of Junpei's hat for Mignogna to sign and also grabbed a copy of his fan music CD. When their turn came, Mignogna allegedly asked them why they chose the fan music CD but not any of his Christian music CDs. The fan apologized and stated they were Jewish. According to them, Mignogna stared at them up and down and responded by saying, "Well, we can change that."

"I couldn't believe that he would say something like that to me," they said. "I wasn't trying to be rude by telling him my religion, I was just trying to answer his question. I ended up just grabbing the CD and the hat without his signature and apologized to him and just bolted out of the signing line."

Maybe a badly done joke, but I can see why that fan would be upset.

We'd already debunked the claim that Vic wouldn't sign gay stuff just because it was fan art or graphic or "not canon."  There were sfw pictures he wouldn't sign.  There is also proof of him signing a drawing of Edward with someone's OC.  So not sure why that was brought up again.

And here is a compilation someone made of Vic's colleagues speaking out against him.

Edited by ben0119

His fanclub shared the news that Vic is actively dealing with this in a legal case.  I am most certain he will lose it because there's no actual evidence. Plus they HATE it whenever a victim waits years and years to accuse someone.

Edited by elfie

4 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Sounds more like they're just trying to scare the story away. 

It clearly isn’t working.

I’m not surprised RT moved first.  Once they made gen:Lock with all those A-list actors (Michael B. Jordan, Dakota Fanning, and David Tenant) their level of scrutiny was going to increased a hundred fold.  Then the green light was there, and so many VA’s have horror stories about this dude, so it didn’t take a lot of pushing.

Simply put, all his years of being a dick to con staff and getting touchy-feely with underage fangirls has finally caught up to him.

Edited by PokeNirvash
Clearly the narrative that Vic did everything wrong has infected this place too. Forget I ever said anything.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 2

51 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

Anyone want to summarize what's going on for people like me that have no idea what's going on because theres just too much to read and Vic is a pretty popular VA

McNuggets has a looong history of making fans, particularity women, uncomfortable at cons, especially a real creepy habit of kissing underage girls without permission. It's been a poorly-kept secret for over a decade now, and people are sick of his behavior and are speaking out against him. Other industry professionals and con staffers are also sharing their stories and how their complaints about him were constantly ignored. He's finally started losing roles and having con appearances cancelled, because nobody wants to deal with him anymore.

Meanwhile, there's a gross subset of his fanclub that's attacking everyone and defending his actions. Because actual photographic and video evidence of him being a total creep is clearly just lies to slander such a perfect and wonderful person. And of course the ever-present cesspool of troglodytes that pop up whenever sexual harassment is discussed to complain that it's just special snowflake SJW bullshit, it was all just a guy having innocent fun and what's wrong with that, etc. Because what underage teenager wouldn't want some middle-aged man they've never met to put his mouth on them without permission?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

And of course the ever-present cesspool of troglodytes that pop up whenever sexual harassment is discussed to complain that it's just special snowflake SJW bullshit, it was all just a guy having innocent fun and what's wrong with that, etc.

Said "SJW"s are partly to blame for that shit, though. Having to constantly hear PC bitching, every damn day, has people to the point they don't believe anything that sounds even remotely "NPC". Like crying wolf. It's hurting actual victims.

• D'oh 3

19 minutes ago, RPD said:

Said "SJW"s are partly to blame for that shit, though. Having to constantly hear PC bitching, every damn day, has people to the point they don't believe anything that sounds even remotely "NPC". Like crying wolf. It's hurting actual victims.

I haven't seen you post much lately, but at the back of my mind I remembered that you're an idjit. Thank you for reminding me why. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RPD said:

How are "SJWs" to blame for a creep creeping on under aged girls?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stilgar said:

How are "SJWs" to blame for a creep creeping on under aged girls?

Either you didn't read, or didn't understand, my post. SJW's aren't to blame for anything Vic may or may not have done. Due to the constant finger-pointing and accusations people don't seem as inclined to believe half of what they read anymore.

Edited by RPD

12 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

The dude is a skeeve who likes touching and kissing on teenage girls and has sexually harassed his coworkers. These stories didn't just come to light last week. It's been well known for at least 15 years.

The age of the accusations is something I've tried to get across to people who don't believe Vic has donething wrong, but they seem determined it's just another SJW conspiracy.

1 hour ago, RPD said:

Either you didn't read, or didn't understand, my post. SJW's aren't to blame for anything Vic may or may not have done. Due to the constant finger-pointing and accusations people don't seem as inclined to believe half of what they read anymore.

2 hours ago, RPD said:

Dude, why can't you remember what you wrote on the same page? Maybe you should get your memory checked out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, SorceressPol said:

Dude, why can't you remember what you wrote on the same page? Maybe you should get your memory checked out.

Did you read the end of my post? The part where I said "actual victims"? I also said they aren't to blame for Vic's actions, if there are any. I don't know if you've heard, but there's a culture war happening. People are picking sides and don't seem to be interested in the truth. SJW, Nazi, alt-right, far left, whatever. I have found it more or less impossible to have any intelligent discussion w/o being accused of being on one "side" or the other. If Vic is guilty he needs to be punished. If he isn't, people need to stop slandering him. Twitter mobs aren't judge and jury, but you wouldn't know that by talking to them. You watch... this thing with Vic will trend until the next outrage happens. This isn't helping people who have actually been hurt. One "side" seems to think everyone is guilty and the other thinks they're innocent... all w/o so much as an actual trial.

8 minutes ago, RPD said:

Did you read the end of my post? The part where I said "actual victims"? I also said they aren't to blame for Vic's actions, if there are any. I don't know if you've heard, but there's a culture war happening. People are picking sides and don't seem to be interested in the truth. SJW, Nazi, alt-right, far left, whatever. I have found it more or less impossible to have any intelligent discussion w/o being accused of being on one "side" or the other. If Vic is guilty he needs to be punished. If he isn't, people need to stop slandering him. Twitter mobs aren't judge and jury, but you wouldn't know that by talking to them. You watch... this thing with Vic will trend until the next outrage happens. This isn't helping people who have actually been hurt. One "side" seems to think everyone is guilty and the other thinks they're innocent... all w/o so much as an actual trial.

Alrighty then. Evidently, idjit wasn't a strong enough mental note. Dumbfuck is more appropriate, and I wish I had financial compensation for the brain cells lost while reading your post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RPD said:

"SJWs" as you call them have nothing to do with people willing to defend abusers. They are just an excuse for the defenders to use when they make their idiotic arguments. Anyone using that is not worth listening too. Same goes for people complaining about things being too pc or other bullshit of that ilk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RPD said:

Maybe you need to stop hanging around complete fucking morons then.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Alrighty then. Evidently, idjit wasn't a strong enough mental note. Dumbfuck is more appropriate, and I wish I had financial compensation for the brain cells lost while reading your post.

I wish you did, also. You could use that money to do something constructive, not argue with somebody on the internet.

5 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Maybe you need to stop hanging around complete fucking morons then.

It's all social media, chief. Twitter, YouTube, whatever. These days you can't turn on the news w/o some unfounded accusations popping up. The culture war rages on.

• D'oh 1

5 hours ago, stilgar said:

"SJWs" as you call them have nothing to do with people willing to defend abusers.

The people defending Vic don't believe he's an abuser, and many of them say in their posts and videos it's just another SJW witch hunt. Some of the accusations have even been debunked.