Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
molarbear

Resident Evil 2 demo

Recommended Posts

Finished Leon's first run on Assisted, got a B.

Now I'm doing Claire's first run on Standard, just got done with Sherry's segment in the orphanage, making decent time at just over three hours.

CAN I GET THAT COVETED A?

 

Edited by empty
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, empty said:

Finished Leon's first run on Assisted, got a B.

Now I'm doing Claire's first run on Standard, just got done with Sherry's segment in the orphanage, making decent time at just over three hours.

CAN I GET THAT COVETED A?

 

I'm about 2 1/2 hours in on Leon's campaign and i feel less scared than when I played Claire's campaign .... but I know damn well Mr. X is about to pop out and bring the shit. I miss Claire's grenade launcher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having done both their first runs I really preferred the shotgun, Magnum and flamethrower over the grenade launcher, SMG and Spark Shot.

The shotgun and Magnum are so damn handy for one-shotting and the flamethrower is useful against the ivy zombies. I ran out of flame rounds at the end and got my head chomped doing Claire's run.

I got a B, by the way. Just couldn't get done in under five hours.

Edited by empty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, empty said:

Having done both their first runs I really preferred the shotgun, Magnum and flamethrower over the grenade launcher, SMG and Spark Shot.

The shotgun and Magnum are so damn handy for one-shotting and the flamethrower is useful against the ivy zombies. I ran out of flame rounds at the end and got my head chomped doing Claire's run.

I got a B, by the way. Just couldn't get done in under five hours.

It took me 11 hours with Claire so Im not going for speed ... but I actually dont think I was actually using the maps until after Mr. X popped up. With Leon, Im alot further in just under 2 1/2 hours. 

 

I also might just be a terrible shot and the grenade launcher is more forgiving 

Edited by Vamped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you run out of flame rounds for Claire's launcher in the laboratory then you're gonna have a bad time.

Also the shotgun and Magnum are really great for boss fights and that three-round burst with the Matilda is a lot easier to control than the fuckhuge recoil on the SMG.

I feel like the developers gave Leon the cool weapons because they knew everyone would play his scenario first. Claire's weapons have a higher learning curve aside from the launcher.

Edited by empty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gonna show a friend how to play with the Tyrant but it didn't happen the right way.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really wanna get a pc to play the mods of this game. this game is scary af but having both leon and mr x running around in speedos takes the fear factor down a bit. 

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Edited by Distortedreasoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, empty said:

If you run out of flame rounds for Claire's launcher in the laboratory then you're gonna have a bad time.

Also the shotgun and Magnum are really great for boss fights and that three-round burst with the Matilda is a lot easier to control than the fuckhuge recoil on the SMG.

I feel like the developers gave Leon the cool weapons because they knew everyone would play his scenario first. Claire's weapons have a higher learning curve aside from the launcher.

I didn't like the sub machine gun claire got.  I thought it'd be sweet because I kept finding bullets for it but turns out it's like Dante's pistols in DMC and shoots stables for bullets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That moment of realization came when I pumped a full magazine into a zombie's noggin and he got back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, empty said:

That moment of realization came when I pumped a full magazine into a zombie's noggin and he got back up.

You gotta be specific, you just describe every zombie in the damn game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 2:22 AM, empty said:

If you run out of flame rounds for Claire's launcher in the laboratory then you're gonna have a bad time.

Also the shotgun and Magnum are really great for boss fights and that three-round burst with the Matilda is a lot easier to control than the fuckhuge recoil on the SMG.

I feel like the developers gave Leon the cool weapons because they knew everyone would play his scenario first. Claire's weapons have a higher learning curve aside from the launcher.

Those Ivy zombies were more annoying than anything else. I just used her 9mm to get them out of the way. I only killed the 2 in the hall before the greenhouse because they were just extra annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vamped said:

Those Ivy zombies were more annoying than anything else. I just used her 9mm to get them out of the way. I only killed the 2 in the hall before the greenhouse because they were just extra annoying

The flamethrower makes them a joke but it takes a lot of fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, molarbear said:

You gotta be specific, you just describe every zombie in the damn game

The one in the West Office that's slumped at the desk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, empty said:

The one in the West Office that's slumped at the desk.

Knock them down and knife the fuck out of them. Ive gone through 3 combat knives as Leon before I completed the goddess statuexD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it to the Sewers in Claire's "B" campaign.   Acid rounds don't work on Zombies as well as they work on Lickers.  When you get the "handle" for the jack in the Library Mr. X chases you like no other.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't decide if I like Ada or Sherry's segment less .... this EMF stuff is so damn annoying =_= 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beat Claire's "B" campaign and got a C ranking

I don't think the 62 saves helped me with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started Leon's B campaign today and straight up rage quit outside the dark room

pumped two shots into the knees of a couple zombies by the stair case and instead of them getting stunned they double teamed me and killed me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished Leon's campaign, i just knew it didnt take me as long as Claire's. Still got a c 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit ... I was supposed to play Leon's second run after I finisher Claire's campaign. I was playing Leon's thinking .... why isnt this different? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, Vamped said:

Oh shit ... I was supposed to play Leon's second run after I finisher Claire's campaign. I was playing Leon's thinking .... why isnt this different? 

Leon's 2nd campaign has been a complete dick thus far

I'm not admitting defeat, I'm just deferring my fear/anger at the damn pesky zombos for the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×