UnevenEdge

Resident Evil 2 demo

molarbear

5 hours ago, discolemonade said:

claire. i just know i could have done much better with the ammo use. i got 

through the parking garage, to the 'kennel' i think? 2 lickers, and i only had 2 acid rounds left. 

got me. got me good. those dirty dirty licker basterds. 

There should be some flame rounds in the firing range that could help you

• Thanks 1

yeah i would stick it out as long as you can. definitely try different methods instead of just using bullets. use knives and grenades and even board up problem windows.  if you really need to just run past most zombies. also plan each trip. it usually helps out a bunch. the sewers were a bit more easier since the open space lets you run past many threats much easier than the mansion. 

i made it a bit further on claires story. things seem to be moving a bit faster which is nice. 

• Like 1

Just when I thought i had a handle on this game ... Tyrant pops up. 

Spoiler

Me thinking oh Im safe if I just make it back to the main hall .... fucking nope ...

Stuck in this narrow corridor with him and a Licker I know goddamn well was not there when I left. Manage to kill the licker with an acid round limp up to the 3rd floor only to get killed by another fucking Licker ... im done for today 

>.> like any time now I could lower the difficulty but Im stubborn 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vamped said:

Just when I thought i had a handle on this game ... Tyrant pops up. 

Hide contents

Me thinking oh Im safe if I just make it back to the main hall .... fucking nope ...

Stuck in this narrow corridor with him and a Licker I know goddamn well was not there when I left. Manage to kill the licker with an acid round limp up to the 3rd floor only to get killed by another fucking Licker ... im done for today 

>.> like any time now I could lower the difficulty but Im stubborn 

mid is like 'why don't you set it on easy mode?' 

NO. damnit....i'm better than easy. 

Spoiler

but seriously. fuck survivor mode. xD

ladies theres no shame in going to assist mode. no ones gonna think youre a panzy or a fruity cake. personally i would have liked a mixed of normal mode and assist mode. in fact keep almost everything from normal mode intact, even ammo scarcity but just make the zombies easier to kill like in assist mode. the game does gets less tense that way but it would still keep you on your toes. 

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

ladies theres no shame in going to assist mode. no ones gonna think youre a panzy or a fruity cake. personally i would have liked a mixed of normal mode and assist mode. in fact keep almost everything from normal mode intact, even ammo scarcity but just make the zombies easier to kill like in assist mode. the game does gets less tense that way but it would still keep you on your toes. 

Im just really sad that Tyrant is just casually patrolling the halls now  T.T I already had enough to worry about 

• Like 1

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

yes. the game has some of the best use of sound i've seen in a game. i thought i get the full enjoyment and use my head phones. so yes im playing in the dark with my head phones. 

Fuck. All. That. 

I scare too easily and I dont have anybody in my bedroom that can sleep closest to the door so when the monsters come they'll eat them first, giving me time to escape. Im literally thinking about playing it now but also thinking it would probably be a bad idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Fuck. All. That. 

I scare too easily and I dont have anybody in my bedroom that can sleep closest to the door so when the monsters come they'll eat them first, giving me time to escape. Im literally thinking about playing it now but also thinking it would probably be a bad idea.

i had to remove my headphones a few times when things started to get really tense. i really dont recommend it if you spook easy cuz i don't spook easy but the entire experience has gotten to me a few times. 

im probably gonna play now :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i had to remove my headphones a few times when things started to get really tense. i really dont recommend it if you spook easy cuz i don't spook easy but the entire experience has gotten to me a few times. 

im probably gonna play now :D

I loaded it up ... but then decided to play something light instead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

I loaded it up ... but then decided to play something light instead 

I had to force myself to finish Claire's campaign before I fired up KH 3 because if I didn't I would find any excuse to not go back to it

It's an absolute fact that I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I try the 2nd playthroughs

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game.  It's just nice to not be on high alert the whole time I'm playing a game

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

Every couple times I died it would ask me to switch but I am far too hard headed

I figured if I could make it through Dark Souls I should be able to handle pretty much any game... except for Super Meat Boy, I've accepted that I'm never going to beat that one

21 hours ago, molarbear said:

Every couple times I died it would ask me to switch but I am far too hard headed

I figured if I could make it through Dark Souls I should be able to handle pretty much any game... except for Super Meat Boy, I've accepted that I'm never going to beat that one

The only time it prompted me to play with the aim assist was playing as Sherry ... with no fun xD

I was so annoyed I just looked at where to go on youtube. I kept thinking .... why does the Chief sounds like Tom Hanks ... thats definitely not Tom Hanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

The only time it prompted me to play with the aim assist was playing as Sherry ... with no fun xD

I was so annoyed I just looked at where to go on youtube. I kept thinking .... why does the Chief sounds like Tom Hanks ... thats definitely not Tom Hanks 

I did too >.>

I also made the mistake of attempting to run out the front door when I got the key

21 hours ago, Opium said:

The Sherry and Ada segments were trash imo. Both were so heavy handed in design in a way that made them annoying to play.

agreed, just got to the sherri segments on my play through and they both felt like the weakest parts of the game. they didnt even show the chief killing her! wtf capcom too afraid to show kids getting killed? but seriously, i think the problem with both segments is just how linear the gameplay is. 

On 2/2/2019 at 10:07 PM, molarbear said:

im usually one that will play at default difficulty in all games, and even hard/expert if i want an extra challenge, but between all the different aspects of the game it was just too much for me to handle. I honestly believe if they just made the zombies a bit easier to kill and leave everything else the same then default difficulty would have been perfect. i get why they did it but feel they went overboard. 3 headshots should be more than enough to down any vanilla zombie. 

1 minute ago, Opium said:

Just beat 4th Survivor with Hunk — took me a few tries until I made a run while listening to Spotify and finished on the first try. Music is the Green Herb.

I'm thinking of starting my "B" campaign runs this weekend because I've almost beat KH3 and it's suppose to get really cold this weekend so I'll probably just bundle up the hatches and stay at home

4 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I'm thinking of starting my "B" campaign runs this weekend because I've almost beat KH3 and it's suppose to get really cold this weekend so I'll probably just bundle up the hatches and stay at home

I’ve kinda given up on KH. It’ll probably be me and RE2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 until Sekiro in March and then... well, nothing I can think of.

I feel like with KH I’m just mashing X the whole time.

13 minutes ago, Opium said:

I’ve kinda given up on KH. It’ll probably be me and RE2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 until Sekiro in March and then... well, nothing I can think of.

I feel like with KH I’m just mashing X the whole time.

You're not wrong but I've enjoyed it, granted I'm a huge Disney/Pixar fanboy

Played some RE2 at my buddy's house the other night. A few hours in, playing as Leon, I was working on getting to the clock tower but there was that corridor on the 3rd floor full of undead and lickers. My ammo was running low, had no grenades or knives so I just ran past and got bitten a couple times.

I was running to the safe deposit room to put the keys on the keypad with danger health when X done gave it to me. Put the controller down and said "alright that's it."

Edited by empty
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, empty said:

Played some RE2 at my buddy's house the other night. A few hours in, playing as Leon, I was working on getting to the clock tower but there was that corridor on the 3rd floor full of undead and lickers. My ammo was running low, had no grenades or knives so I just ran past and got bitten a couple times.

I was running to the safe deposit room to put the keys on the keypad with danger health when X done gave it to me. Put the controller down and said "alright that's it."

this is probably the first game where i had to walk away from after getting so tense and stressed. i wanna play a game not have a heart attack. i've beated the leon a/claire b campaign on assist mode and with now work on claire a/ leon b story on normal and hardcore. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, empty said:

There was an entire day where I dreaded firing up the game because I got a save in the the main room with X about 8 feet away

I even considered loading a previous save but had completed a large chunk of what I needed to get done so I just loaded it up and ran

I made it, but it was still terrifying

9 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

dude use grenades when dealing with a crowd! theres plenty of space in the library so try to use it. 

I currently only have flashbangs.  I progressed to the point where I'm ready to use the detonator to get the third emblem but stopped playing because Mr.X was stressing me the fuck out

On 2/2/2019 at 11:56 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

but i don't play games on assist  mode, so...it would be like...iono...stealing the nerve wracking thrill of video game death from my soul. 

On 2/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

tough spot. theres a licker and a zombie that drop on by after you detonate the jail. highly recommend your flash bang for that area. head on down to the secret room quickly and youll be safe from that monster. things go a bit faster this time around. 

Yeah.  I played it the other day and got to the parking garage and now I'm back in the Police Station.

I also tried to play those new Survivor stories they added.  Picked the least difficult one and was dead within probably 7 mins

5 hours ago, discolemonade said:

and...i died. again. and no gawd damned ammo anywhere.

*sigh* i may have to start this fookin game over in easy mode. :(

i suppose that's ok. because honestly, this normal mode is what hard mode was back in the day. 

no regerts. 

You can always beat it with the assist on and go back and play it on normal after you play through it once

I was proud of myself for beating it on normal.. and then my friend told me he had beat it on hardcore and got an S rank on both campaigns (I think you have to beat the game in under 2 hours to get those)

• Like 2

Oh god ... so Im fighting G for the last time (hopefully) and my miniature comes running in. I SHOULD have paused or turned it off like I usually do but I was sooo close so I kept playing and I keep hearing "all the eyes" and I look over and he's covering his own eyes with his tiny toddler hands and saying "all the eyes"

Gawd I hope he doesnt have nightmares 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Oh god ... so Im fighting G for the last time (hopefully) and my miniature comes running in. I SHOULD have paused or turned it off like I usually do but I was sooo close so I kept playing and I keep hearing "all the eyes" and I look over and he's covering his own eyes with his tiny toddler hands and saying "all the eyes"

Gawd I hope he doesnt have nightmares 

I made the mistake of taking a drink while reading this and some of the water came out of my nose xDxDxD

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Vamped said:

I finally finished Claire's story. How dare they grade you at the end?! xD

Capcom is notorious for doing that on survival horror games

My first grade was a "D" but it's heavily graded by the time it took you to beat it, "S" is the best ranking and to get it you have to beat the game in under 2 hours. 

I cannot explore/procrastinate enough to ever beat the game in under 2 hours

3 hours ago, midnight said:

I can't even watch disco play this game.

Too scary for me.

Back when it originally came out my brother and I's friend had it.  I was 11, it was a weekend, and his Dad use to pay us to help with the Livestock.  We were playing it around 10 pm because we were waiting for a Horse to give birth.

Needless to say when it came time for me check on the Horse in the absolute darkness that was between the House and Stable I wish any NFL scout was around because I'm pretty sure my 40 time would have shattered records

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Capcom is notorious for doing that on survival horror games

My first grade was a "D" but it's heavily graded by the time it took you to beat it, "S" is the best ranking and to get it you have to beat the game in under 2 hours. 

I cannot explore/procrastinate enough to ever beat the game in under 2 hours

I got a C. It took me 11 hours and 45 saves xD

10 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Nice!  I lost a lot of time because I missed the Dongle key which I thought was a mistranslation but apparently is a fancy word for "USB"

Good news is my miniature has had no nightmares so far. Bad news is ... Im awake because my dreams were... stressful xD

12 hours ago, molarbear said:

I give RE:2 two hours of my time and then watch at least 4 hours of a Comedy shows

Key and Peele or Parks and Recs are my go to

We watched Baby Shark do do 

like 18 times 

I'm ready to do Leon's campaign but I've got way too much homework to do. GODDAMN THIS MASTER'S PROGRAM 

image.jpeg.ac04c15be81a44e8edd62d92f57840f5.jpeg

Edited by Vamped
  • Haha 1