UnevenEdge

Resident Evil 2 demo

molarbear

3 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

I'm a little discouraged to play it because it's a one-shot demo and I need to wait for the right moment to play through it all before it vaporizes into the aether.

I would just wait. The 30 minute time limit really ruins the experience as far as exploring goes, and it just makes the wait harder to bear knowing how spicy the game actually is.

• Like 1

From the Gamespot article: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-2-1-shot-demo-is-out-now/1100-6464323/

"You'll have to be careful not to burn too much time taking in the utterly gross sights and sounds, though, because it only lasts 30 minutes and then you can't play anymore."

"The demo takes you through a snippet of gameplay as Leon S. Kennedy, and if you finish quickly enough you can go through it again. If you fail, you can keep trying until your half-hour is up."

"Finishing the demo will give you an exclusive new cinematic trailer. You can then watch the trailer as much as you'd like even if time has expired, but the demo will be off-limits. The demo will be available through January 31."

It's like the 3DS demos where they only let you play it for a limited number of times or a restrictive beta.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, Hachiman said:

PS4, XB1 and PC. And it's time limit to 30 minutes.

Reminds me of those stupid-ass full game trials Sony used to do. "Download this entire game just to play it for 30 minutes. We could just have them make a demo but fuck you."

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 7:48 AM, imchapp.in said:

I'm a little discouraged to play it because it's a one-shot demo and I need to wait for the right moment to play through it all before it vaporizes into the aether.

Well if you own a console and a decent Computer you can download it on both

• 2 weeks later...

Just played it. I got way too invested in it, which is a double-edged sword since it was good enough for me to want to play more of it, but with only 30 minutes of demo, there's no replay value. Ehh, I guess I'll get it when it's cheap. For the time being, I still have the PS1 version I got several years ago to wrap up so I'm not in too much of a rush.

I beat Leon's campaign tonight.  I really enjoyed it save for the random health in some zombies that take 6 bullets and then get back up.  Really looking forward to playing Claire's campaign because I never made it that far in the original game....

I want to say it was because of difficulty but in reality that game just scared the absolute shit out of me when I was a kid

• Like 1

Started on the 2nd run (Claire B) and I gotta say, the difficulty really ramps up. I spent a good amount of time in Danger status, dodging Tyrant and zombies while having to backtrack to the item box to drop off key items. It was awesome.

Playing with the original soundtrack swap is delicious, btw. For those that don't know it also includes all the menu sound effects and the announcer for the title screen when you boot up the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, molarbear said:

I beat Leon's campaign tonight.  I really enjoyed it save for the random health in some zombies that take 6 bullets and then get back up.  Really looking forward to playing Claire's campaign because I never made it that far in the original game....

I want to say it was because of difficulty but in reality that game just scared the absolute shit out of me when I was a kid

I cannot believe how many times these assholes are getting back up. I just need a curb stomp ability. I NEED IT!! Somehow im out of bullets and just found a Licker in the hallway 

>.> I ran past it and it got closed in the door ... but Im afraid it might still be out there 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Opium said:

Started on the 2nd run (Claire B) and I gotta say, the difficulty really ramps up. I spent a good amount of time in Danger status, dodging Tyrant and zombies while having to backtrack to the item box to drop off key items. It was awesome.

Playing with the original soundtrack swap is delicious, btw. For those that don't know it also includes all the menu sound effects and the announcer for the title screen when you boot up the game.

I wasnt allowed to play Resident Evil when it first came out so the first one I played was 4. Im a little upset that these zombies have me running away like a bitch xD

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

I cannot believe how many times these assholes are getting back up. I just need a curb stomp ability. I NEED IT!! Somehow im out of bullets and just found a Licker in the hallway 

>.> I ran past it and it got closed in the door ... but Im afraid it might still be out there 

Best approach is to stun them with a headshot then run past. Dismembering legs work too.

Only time you should worry about killing a zombie is in small rooms and hallways. Otherwise horde that mf ammo 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vamped said:

I am in full support of this being patched in at some point xD

Licker's stay in the area they're in but they can't pursue you through doors like zombies can, you can try sneaking past them according to a memo I found but so far it hasn't worked for me

44 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I am in full support of this being patched in at some point xD

Licker's stay in the area they're in but they can't pursue you through doors like zombies can, you can try sneaking past them according to a memo I found but so far it hasn't worked for me

Ive killed 4 lickers so far. Im saving the grenade launcher especially for them. I even beat a boss then reloaded the game to beat the boss again without using my grenade launcher specifically so I can have the ammo for lickers. 

I fucking hate Lickers 

>.> but they were eating dogs so I fully aniticipate those hoes (the dogs)  will be up and about when I come back through 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Opium said:

Best approach is to stun them with a headshot then run past. Dismembering legs work too.

Only time you should worry about killing a zombie is in small rooms and hallways. Otherwise horde that mf ammo 

I almost wish you could dismember them before they're a problem .... like in Dead Space .... the trauma of seeing dead bodies and knowing .... if I dont take this space saw and cut their legs off now ... they could be a problem later 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:40 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

i dont ramember ammo being this scarce in the past. or the zombie being able to take so many head shots and still get up. i agree with vamped, this game needs a stomp feature or an insta kill after they been put down. other than that, im enjoying the shit out of it. 

I think they added that in the remake it to make it even more survival horror like. 

I could do without the Tyrant chasing me which seems to be more frequent in Claire's storyline

Spoiler

I'm currently stuck in Claire's playthrough where you take over and play as Sherry and have to hide..... I keep getting caught

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

I think they added that in the remake it to make it even more survival horror like. 

I could do without the Tyrant chasing me which seems to be more frequent in Claire's storyline

Reveal hidden contents

I'm currently stuck in Claire's playthrough where you take over and play as Sherry and have to hide..... I keep getting caught

Oh god ... my anxiety 

so, i made it down to 'underground' (playing as claire)

found the little girl, AND FORGOT ABOUT *GIANT EYEBALL MAN!

i pumped all my ammo in that asshole, and what made him go over the edge? 5 shots with the pistol.

on danger/red, and thinking i need to re~do this part? because i have nothing left. 

and those gawd damned lickers. *sigh*

and yes..i didn't realize it was going to take 6 gawd damed shots to down a zombie. (beginning)

now, i'll just get a shot to the head to knock him down, and slice and dice. 

i think i should start the 'finding the girl' part over. 

Edited by discolemonade
wrong boogey~man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, discolemonade said:

so, i made it down to 'underground' (playing as claire)

found the little girl, AND FORGOT ABOUT TYRANT!

i pumped all my ammo in that asshole, and what made him go over the edge? 5 shots with the pistol.

on danger/red, and thinking i need to re~do this part? because i have nothing left. 

and those gawd damned lickers. *sigh*

and yes..i didn't realize it was going to take 6 gawd damed shots to down a zombie. (beginning)

now, i'll just get a shot to the head to knock him down, and slice and dice. 

i think i should start the 'finding the girl' part over. 

I re-did that boss fight over because I used all my grenade launcher ammo when I could've just used pistol ammoxD

I have like 5 save slots 

• Haha 1

Just now, Vamped said:

I re-did that boss fight over because I used all my grenade launcher ammo when I could've just used pistol ammoxD

I have like 5 save slots 

same. and i was pretty comfortable with 4 inc. rounds, and 3 acid rounds. 

i HAD 23 pistol rounds, and gunpowder to make more. 

yeah..i'm gonna' start it over. *sigh*

Just now, discolemonade said:

same. and i was pretty comfortable with 4 inc. rounds, and 3 acid rounds. 

i HAD 23 pistol rounds, and gunpowder to make more. 

yeah..i'm gonna' start it over. *sigh*

You're still ahead of me. I haven't played Leon's campaign and I think I maybe a little ways past where that fat bastard takes Sherry from you 

• Like 1

Just now, discolemonade said:

i started with claire. she was who i played as in the original. 

i may or may not play leon's campaign.  

I'm saving his campaign for last. I have to squeeze in play time when my miniature isn't around and I only allow myself to play it when I have all my homework done. 

I feel a little bad because last weekend I let the miniature watch Baby Shark-esque videos for the whole hour and half I played. As long as I heard his feet jumping in the next room I knew he was occupied xD

>.> my strategy for this weekend is to take him to IKEA and wear him out and play while he naps with my headset on

(he's 3 and loves IKEA)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I'm saving his campaign for last. I have to squeeze in play time when my miniature isn't around and I only allow myself to play it when I have all my homework done. 

I feel a little bad because last weekend I let the miniature watch Baby Shark-esque videos for the whole hour and half I played. As long as I heard his feet jumping in the next room I knew he was occupied xD

>.> my strategy for this weekend is to take him to IKEA and wear him out and play while he naps with my headset on

(he's 3 and loves IKEA)

ikea is the BOMB! i love that place. unfortunately, i haven't been in so many years!

i, too, have to wait for bubby to be occupied with his own things. 

motherhood: getting in the way of gaming since 1992. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, molarbear said:

Reveal hidden contents

i get it but theres just too many zombies in normal mode. you can dodge some of them in more open space areas and can easily dodge one or two in a hall. but there can be times when they trap you or can follow you into rooms or you have to go back to the same areas again. i mean i died in the gas station of my first play though because i shot the first zombie 3 times in the head and he went down but then he got back up and i got stuck trying to find an exit lol. so i have no shame to say that i lowered down the difficulty settings to assist mode. my enjoyment of the game went up considerably after doing that. 

im now also on the second play through playing claires story after i beat leons. her starting gun only has like 3 bullets and i haven't found anything ammo for it so i had to put it in storage. its a little bit more tricky this time around since you start out at a different place and have to attempt things in different order. 

right now im stuck trying to get the last medallion. the notebook paper that had the drawings has blood smeared on it covering the lions part and i dont remember the combination from the previous play through. and yes the fucking tyrant chases you more on here!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i get it but theres just too many zombies in normal mode. you can dodge some of them in more open space areas and can easily dodge one or two in a hall. but there can be times when they trap you or can follow you into rooms or you have to go back to the same areas again. i mean i died in the gas station of my first play though because i shot the first zombie 3 times in the head and he went down but then he got back up and i got stuck trying to find an exit lol. so i have no shame to say that i lowered down the difficulty settings to assist mode. my enjoyment of the game went up considerably after doing that. 

im now also on the second play through playing claires story after i beat leons. her starting gun only has like 3 bullets and i haven't found anything ammo for it so i had to put it in storage. its a little bit more tricky this time around since you start out at a different place and have to attempt things in different order. 

right now im stuck trying to get the last medallion. the notebook paper that had the drawings has blood smeared on it covering the lions part and i dont remember the combination from the previous play through. and yes the fucking tyrant chases you more on here!

wait .... it changes on the 2nd playthrough? 

Image result for oh shit gifs

Edited by Vamped
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

lady head, arrow, snake

oh...that's a lion head? xD

Edited by discolemonade
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

You won’t find any ammo for her handgun on 2nd run. You can only craft them using gunpowder.

In my game I relied on the Quickdraw Army for the first section. Once you get the machine gun and flame rounds things get a little easier, but that first bit is rough with Tyrant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

I had a brain fart when I played Leon's story and forgot the dude ever handed me the notebook so for the medallions I just kept guessing until they unlocked

I haven't got to the 2nd playthrough yet, I'm currently still working on Claire's story.  I can only play the game for a few hours before I get too stressed

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I had a brain fart when I played Leon's story and forgot the dude ever handed me the notebook so for the medallions I just kept guessing until they unlocked

I haven't got to the 2nd playthrough yet, I'm currently still working on Claire's story.  I can only play the game for a few hours before I get too stressed

Why is there so much stress and anxiety in my recreation?!  

Image result for cat massage gifs

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Opium said:

You won’t find any ammo for her handgun on 2nd run. You can only craft them using gunpowder.

In my game I relied on the Quickdraw Army for the first section. Once you get the machine gun and flame rounds things get a little easier, but that first bit is rough with Tyrant.

her hand gun just feels so weak so im keeping it in storage anyways in favor or that quickdraw army which has much more ammo for it. seeing as space is very limited in the 2nd play through i have plan each objective a bit more carefully. 

1 hour ago, molarbear said:

dam so you went 111, 112, 113.... lmao

do you play the game with headphones? they did a really good job with the sound, really adds so much to the atmosphere and scared the shit out of me playing in the dark.

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

wait .... it changes on the 2nd playthrough? 

Image result for oh shit gifs

yup things playing out a bit differently. like you still gotta get the medallions but things are out of order and you have to manage your resources a bit more carefully. 

2 hours ago, discolemonade said:

lady head, arrow, snake

oh...that's a lion head? xD

i'll try it later. can't play now cuz the game is too dark and it makes the glare that much worse. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

dam so you went 111, 112, 113.... lmao

do you play the game with headphones? they did a really good job with the sound, really adds so much to the atmosphere and scared the shit out of me playing in the dark.

Yes. 

I did the first night it came out and instantly noped the fuck out of that idea

3 hours ago, discolemonade said:

i may have to start the entire game over, and hoard my ammo. :(

(as was already noted/stated), i don't remember enemies having to take so much ammo. 

Who's campaign are you playing?

I used a lot of ammo during Leon's and was basically walking around with what seemed about 5-7 handgun bullets and about 2-3 shotguns shells most the time

8 hours ago, molarbear said:

Who's campaign are you playing?

I used a lot of ammo during Leon's and was basically walking around with what seemed about 5-7 handgun bullets and about 2-3 shotguns shells most the time

claire. i just know i could have done much better with the ammo use. i got 

through the parking garage, to the 'kennel' i think? 2 lickers, and i only had 2 acid rounds left. 

got me. got me good. those dirty dirty licker basterds. 

• Haha 2