UnevenEdge

My steak didn't come out right.

Codename: Jackass

I tried the reverse sear as endorsed by hundreds of no-name bloggers across the world.

I had a nice New York strip, 2/3 pound, nice marbling, a good cut all around, and I fucked it all up.

I overestimated its size and left it in the oven about seven or eight minutes too long, and by then it had reached an internal temperature of 145, carryover probably took it up to 150 while it rested.

Still tasted fine for a medium well, but I wanted the fucking thing to be medium rare.

I am stupid.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:36 AM, empty said:

I tried the reverse sear as endorsed by hundreds of no-name bloggers across the world.

I had a nice New York strip, 2/3 pound, nice marbling, a good cut all around, and I fucked it all up.

I overestimated its size and left it in the oven about seven or eight minutes too long, and by then it had reached an internal temperature of 145, carryover probably took it up to 150 while it rested.

Still tasted fine for a medium well, but I wanted the fucking thing to be medium rare.

I am stupid.

It's hard to do without one of those thermometers with target alarms.  When it's working, our oven has a built in thermometer and shuts off when it reaches temp.