Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
Kudasai

LOL!

Recommended Posts

Meanwhile, Soulja Boy is selling a Chinese console with hundreds of games from multiple platforms such as the NES, SNES, and PS1. Some people are hoping he gets his ass sued by Nintendo into oblivion.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

DvgsJjFUcAAkxaC.jpg

yeah Nintendo, the company that shuts down YouTubers playing Mario Party isn't gonna do shit. keep tellin yourself that Soulja

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, bnmjy said:

Meanwhile, Soulja Boy is selling a Chinese console with hundreds of games from multiple platforms such as the NES, SNES, and PS1. Some people are hoping he gets his ass sued by Nintendo into oblivion.

All the consoles have been removed from his site so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got too cocky, but the PS Classic flopped for the same reason the Playstation Smash Bros clone flopped: A good bulk of their legendary catalog is third-party, so they have to depend on the fortune of a company to not only clear the license but also give them the best version of the game. 

With Playstation Smash Bros, you could’ve had Solid Snake, Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife, and other characters that defined the system. Instead, you had subpar unmemorable characters from Sony Exclusives and questionable third-party reps. Yippee, the guy from Kill Zone, the guy from Starhawk, Big Daddy from Bioshock and Donte in the fight of the century!

Similarly, PS Classic is also missing Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, FF VIII, FF Tactics, Symphony of the Night, Parappa, Medieval, Ape Escape, Gran Turismo 2, and many more. You also have Twisted Metal 2 and Persona 2 EP left out in favor of their mediocre first games. On top of this, the final roster has some decent choices like FFVII, Tekken 3, and Metal Gear Solid, but leaves a lot to be desired. Would you look at a system that has Destruction Derby, Intelligent Qube, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six packed in and say, "Hey! That sounds like a steal at $100"?

Edited by imchapp.in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Best Buy today and they have tons of them, both up front and in the games section. Selling a number of opened returns for 53.99 as well lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ric said:

Went to Best Buy today and they have tons of them, both up front and in the games section. Selling a number of opened returns for 53.99 as well lol.

Likewise, I saw one at the mall for $40. Also saw that there's a Neo Geo mini. Looked bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ric said:

Went to Best Buy today and they have tons of them, both up front and in the games section. Selling a number of opened returns for 53.99 as well lol.

Looking back this thing was doomed from the start when the first five games were announced. That should've been a red flag right there:|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 7:16 PM, imchapp.in said:

With Playstation Smash Bros, you had Solid Snake, Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud Strife, and other characters that defined the system. Instead, you had subpar unmemorable characters from Sony Exclusives and questionable third-party reps. Yippee, the guy from Kill Zone, the guy from Starhawk, Big Daddy from Bioshock and Donte in the fight of the century!

I'd argue that may have contributed to the failure, but the game just sort of sucked. Smash keeps the game moving with stage hazards, a bunch of items, and deaths from going too far off screen. It gives incentive to chase people off the ledge and to rack up damage with the damage to launch ratio.

They removed the blast zone. You could only kill with supers that were unreasonably slow to build, the stages were too large (and barren) for a gane where the premise wasn't to kill by knocking off stage, and the attacks/movement was so sluggish it was almost always one hit, run across the stage, hit, run across stage, despite the movement being unbearable. What's the fucking point of a damage/launch ratio when you literally cannot kill by launching off stage? It's terrible game design, you have to deal damage to get a special within a century, but when you deal damage they're no longer near you after a single shot, with absolutely no benefit to doing it. It's like punishing you for doing well.

And this was released well after Brawl. Brawl had like 37 characters. Allstars had 24. 7 years later, they scrapped together 13 fewer characters (most that nobody wanted) in an inherently worse game.

It was just bad. Honestly, at least PS Classic has some good or recognizable games. Allstars was through and through cynical corporatist crap that entirely missed the point of Smash Bros.

I only played it briefly and its existence still peeves me.

Edited by naraku360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

I'd argue that may have contributed to the failure, but the game just sort of sucked. Smash keeps the game moving with stage hazards, a bunch of items, and deaths from going too far off screen. It gives incentive to chase people off the ledge and to rack up damage with the damage to launch ratio.

They removed the blast zone. You could only kill with supers that were unreasonably slow to build, the stages were too large (and barren) for a gane where the premise wasn't to kill by knocking off stage, and the attacks/movement was so sluggish it was almost always one hit, run across the stage, hit, run across stage, despite the movement being unbearable. What's the fucking point of a damage/launch ratio when you literally cannot kill by launching off stage? It's terrible game design, you have to deal damage to get a special within a century, but when you deal damage they're no longer near you after a single shot, with absolutely no benefit to doing it. It's like punishing you for doing well.

And this was released well after Brawl. Brawl had like 37 characters. Allstars had 24. 7 years later, they scrapped together 13 fewer characters (most that nobody wanted) in an inherently worse game.

It was just bad. Honestly, at least PS Classic has some good or recognizable games. Allstars was through and through cynical corporatist crap that entirely missed the point of Smash Bros.

I only played it briefly and its existence still peeves me.

I’m assuming they wanted to make it as distinct from Smash as possible to not get sued for being 100% identical, but I remember the specials system and arena mechanics were horribly shoddy.

There are some good games in PS Classic, but the bulk of them being filler does come off like a similar cynical cash grab to All Stars. I guess you’d have to weigh your options on if you find MGS, Tekken 3, FFVII, RE1, and some other games to be worth $60 in total. For $100 though, it does little to feel like you aren’t getting ripped off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 12:39 AM, Ric said:

Went to Best Buy today and they have tons of them, both up front and in the games section. Selling a number of opened returns for 53.99 as well lol.

It's now $40 at Walmart. Still not worth the price of admission but I'm just curious to see how low can it goxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...