UnevenEdge

If anyone is interested, I managed to find the Gremlins Audiobooks.

Hardee's used to sell Gremlins' merchandise in the 1980's, including the audiobook adaptations of the film.

Out of curiosity a few years ago, I did a little research on mogwais. Turns out the word, "mogwai" is Cantonese for "monster," "evil spirit," "devil," or "demon."

Supposedly in Chinese folklore, mogwai are "harm-inflicting demons," that reproduce during the mating seasons. Rain triggers their reproduction.

Mogwai can also personify ghosts of unrelated family members and will swear vengeance on humans, who have cause them anguish when they were still alive.

BTW: Mogwai are supposed to resemble that scaly, reptilian appearance like in the movie, Gremlins.

Now, Gremlins starts to make more sense.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

Still creepy yet nostalgic.

After re-listening to these old audiobooks 5 years ago, I noticed there was no mentioning of Billy's mother fighting with Gremlins in the kitchen and killing that 1 Gremlin in the microwave.

That particular scene caused the biggest uproar about Gremlins being rated PG and was the main reason why the PG-13 rating was launched in 1984.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing a quick pop in. Most of my time has been spent offline doing other stuff, which includes watching other movies that were not... wait for it.. HORROR! OMG!😱 

Anyway, if you didn't already know, AMC has been re-airing Gremlins. It's almost over but I'm sure it will be back on later. In the meantime, I'm going to catch some REM.

These next 2 days, I will really be busy offline. Not that most care, but whatever.