UnevenEdge

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Raptorpat

Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu were my go to characters in the first two games, but ever since Sonic came out in Brawl, he's been my best character. Meta Knight would be next I guess.

Some characters I just suck with or think they just suck such as Peach, Daisy, and Luigi.

Edited by Zenigundam

So I played some of the quick play and I must say I do like it. It is much improved from the Wii u version. I always hated how in that version the for fun section was always 2 minute matches. I thought those were a bit too short. 5 minutes was more what I was wanting. Well I was actually wanting stock matches but you had to do for glory for those. Couldn't have it both ways.

In this one you more often than not will find matches that are to your liking. It has a nice variety by picking the rules sets for different matches. I had some matches with items and stage hazards, others no items and battlefield style. Some were 3 minute matches others were stock based with various timers. It was nice to see these and I don't think I ever had a match where I was like oh this is too short or will be boring.

The one problem I will say is that all of this, these rules and such should have still been under a for fun option. If you want a 1 versus 1 with no items etc, I think that may prove to be a bit of a challenge in this game online. I haven't tried yet but it seems it will be much more difficult than easily getting one in for glory in the last game. They still should have separated them. Maybe an update in the future?

Even so I am liking the chaos and fun of the party aspect of the game and if no updates do come the serious side of 1 vs 1s may have to come from friends or public lobbies set up for the 1 vs 1s(which this is how a lot of other fighting games do it anyway).

Edited by DBZ4ever
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

Anybody else get manhandled by some of the legendary spirits? I nearly threw my Switch controller into the staircase wall out of frustration. 

I'm only having problems with the Spirits who have around 13,000 power.

How many fighters have you unlocked so far?  I'm up to 32.

Edit:  Nevermind.  I just had trouble with Volcanion.  I think that's a legendary.

Edited by blueraven1999

I unlocked every fighter the weekend the game came out and I've collected 932 spirits and counting. I keep losing to the Mega Man legend spirits (Wily, X, etc) and I beat Link (Original Legend of Zelda legend spirit), but I messed up on the blaster to get his spirit, so I really need to fight him again before he disappears from the spirit board on Monday.

18 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

Anybody else get manhandled by some of the legendary spirits? I nearly threw my Switch controller into the staircase wall out of frustration. 

I beat the second half on Hard. Save the True ending, that was a bit too ridiculous on Hard. Came pretty close all things considered, though. Might be able to do it sooner or later.

The bosses (save for Ganon) seem pretty easy now that I'm almost wrapped up with the World of Light, but those four stars are irritating.

I've been mowing through alot of the older spirits since I finally unlocked everyone, but there are still some challenges that are infuriating. Even busting out other characters I can get cheap with have a tough time against some of these four stars. The Boss from MGS3 particularly pisses me off to no end. 

Going through World of Light mode before Palutena/Cloud/Robin was rough. I learned the first part of Ashley's Song after playing that challenge for at least a half hour.

It's nice that they have an adventure mode with the spirit mechanics, but I do wish that they were able to implement minor things to do from the older games like Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, or the trophies where you can look at the figures and read a little bio on them. It's not that the game isn't fun or that everything needs to be like the old games, but it does cut down on the replayability to not have things like that or maybe a more comprehensive challenge mode like what Capcom or Arc System Works do for their fighters.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played much of this yet, but I'm getting the impression that a lot of the game has been... idk, dumbed down or something for Ultimate. No more special unlock requirements for characters. No unlockable stages at all. Fighting feels... softer? Maybe not that exactly. But I know it left a bad taste the first time I just insta-died at high damage (I think that's what happened. may have been a stage hazard involved).

I guess it's not all strictly a bad thing. I can see where a lot of design choices were made to make it an easy to access party game.

Maybe what I'm feeling is just the realization that they've pared out a lot of the solo aspects of the game. Can't really blame them for shifting focus. Just not quite the experience I was looking forward to. Hopefully maybe a little more time exploring more of the game could change my tune.

10 hours ago, rpgamer said:

But I know it left a bad taste the first time I just insta-died at high damage (I think that's what happened. may have been a stage hazard involved).

There's an item (the scythe) and a couple final smashes that can insta-kill at over 100%. You can turn those off if it matters too much. And, like, 1 stage with hazards that do, but that stage was on Wii U and sucked every bit then as it does now.

Edited by naraku360

Down for some smash bros guys.. I'll use Shulk.. I've been practicing to use him as a main since the last game, but his kit has recieved some.. probably needed nerfs... and some probably needed reworked animations and buffs to.. 

I definitely will keep you moving though. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

2 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Down for some smash bros guys.. I'll use Shulk.. I've been practicing to use him as a main since the last game, but his kit has recieved some.. probably needed nerfs... and some probably needed reworked animations and buffs to.. 

I definitely will keep you moving though. 

I'm game right now....How do we find each other....I think I have to give you my friend code

8 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Sorry if that took a while thers a lot of wires and inputs connected to my tv.. 

Friend code SW-4996-0130-8804. Anyone on UE feel free to send me an invite..

Especially if you like to smash. ;D I still have a bunch of.. work to do on xenoblade 2

uggh./

Oh...I didn't expec you to respond so fast....Hold up....I gotta hook my switch up too....Been on PS4...