UnevenEdge

PurgatoryGirl

11 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Hmm Oh that Ghost Face..  is he really even a villian..

We are talking horror here anyway, and those guys are the stars.. not the villians.

What? How do you figure? The voice actor has a history of voicing all 3 villains. When were Mojo Jojo and Hol Horse not antagonists?

Also, even though the character for Ghost Face has actually been played by multiple actors and actresses, Roger L. Jackson's voice has been used for the voice distorter over the phones.

Several years ago, I watched at least 1 SCREAM documentary. They said his identity was kept hidden to keep the cast scared on the set.

Supposedly, it helped them to deliver their lines better because they were always scared.

I guess Wes Craven and the writer for the franchise wanted to live up to the whole "fear of the unknown."

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

I'm just talking about Ghost Face from Scream honestly, but I am not a fan of the Scream franchise at all it's always come across as a waste of space.. At least when put up against horror/slasher films like Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm St.. What I meant is most people are drawn to those kind of films because of the killer, and that makes the killer the star..

The dumb little thots the camera follows that can't ever seem to get right, or do the smart thing in a horrible situation are the villians.. Even though that probably speaks for the exsistence of darkness in all our souls..yadayada more philosophical bullshit. Love me I'm special. and smart. :D

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

Yeah it really didn't make for a great film though. The "flaws" it seeked to point out were all pretty obvious. I don't think the world needed another horror franchise to point out the cheesieness. I could be wrong. The Scream movies are just some of the most unappealing films in the genre to  ever come across my eyes..Aside from the Blair Witch Project stuff. 

That shit brings a whole new meaning to 'waste of space'.

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

They claimed years ago that the Horror genre was closed to extinction because media watchdog groups, helicopter parents, and Christian zealots mostly demonized the Slasher Horror sub-genre.

In 1984, they all flipped their shit over the original Silent Night, Deadly Night film.

The film as well as the filmmaker were demonized for promoting a Killer Santa and for traumatizing children with its commercials.

Because of Silent Night, Deadly Night being released, more Horror films were demonized and sent directly to video. 1984 was the year of censorship in entertainment as a whole.

Even though there were still other Horror films, that were released a decade later, the Horror genre was supposedly closed to extinction. It wasn't until SCREAM was released in 1996, that it supposedly revived the Horror genre.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

They claimed years ago that the Horror genre was closed to extinction because media watchdog groups, helicopter parents, and Christian zealots mostly demonized the Slasher Horror sub-genre.

In 1984, they all flipped their shit over the original Silent Night, Deadly Night film.

The film as well as the filmmaker were demonized for promoting a Killer Santa and for traumatizing children with its commercials.

Because of Silent Night, Deadly Night being released, more Horror films were demonized and sent directly to video. 1984 was the year of censorship in entertainment as a whole.

So that explains why Silent Night Deadly Night 2 was so campy ridiculous...

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

So that explains why Silent Night Deadly Night 2 was so campy ridiculous...

Have you seen the original? It really focused on the "Santaphobia" because the killer was traumatized by a serial killer, who raped and killed his parents as a child.

Every time he saw people having sex and after 1 of his co-workers was raped by another co-worker in front of him, he snapped and went on a killing spree.

Also, he had to dress as Santa Claus, when he was already Santaphobic.

33 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Have you seen the original? It really focused on the "Santaphobia" because the killer was traumatized by a serial killer, who raped and killed his parents as a child.

Every time he saw people having sex and after 1 of his co-workers was raped by another co-worker in front of him, he snapped and went on a killing spree.

Also, he had to dress as Santa Claus, when he was already Santaphobic.

Nope, all I've seen of the franchise is the infamous clip I just posted.

Interesting rundown on the killer's history though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

Nope, all I've seen of the franchise is the infamous clip I just posted.

Interesting rundown on the killer's history though.

If YouTube didn't strip it, you should be able to watch Silent Night, Deadly Night in its entirety.

After watching the movie, while comparing it to the trailer, I realized just how misleading the trailer was for it. Personally, I found the trailer more frightening than the movie itself.

I was only scared during the beginning of Silent Night, Deadly Night. His so-called catatonic grandfather scared me.

BTW: The 2012 remake of Silent Night was a joke. It seemed like it was more dark humor than anything. That's besides being contrived and unrealistic.

The only scary part of the remake was the Santa Claus Mask. I almost fell off my bed from laughing so hard at that pill-popping brat literally getting tazed to death.