Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Mix

Mix's doodles

Recommended Posts

20190129_200914.thumb.jpg.bbeac4a871d48b760a86d3d07e478e96.jpg5c535c9a8b804_2019-01-2920_14_23.thumb.jpg.6d1467be2c1a530c3f65a159a509860c.jpg

Edited by Mix
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, discolemonade said:

oh, this is lovely. 

thanks....like all of this, it's not an original idea, but I like it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mix said:

thanks....like all of this, it's not an original idea, but I like it too

as long as you're doing. i remember my 1st year art was basically 'plagerism' xD

that is, assignments to go to museum, or getting art books and sketching the sketch. 

we draw from inspiration, but first we hone in on what appeals. 

that probably made no sense. 

also, it's been a couple few years since i've sketched, but i got inspired by your 'doodles'

and 'doodled' my clock on the wall. 

so...thank you. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

as long as you're doing. i remember my 1st year art was basically 'plagerism' xD

that is, assignments to go to museum, or getting art books and sketching the sketch. 

we draw from inspiration, but first we hone in on what appeals. 

that probably made no sense. 

also, it's been a couple few years since i've sketched, but i got inspired by your 'doodles'

and 'doodled' my clock on the wall. 

so...thank you. :)

lmao....that's totally what i've been doing....just straight plagiarism xD

I don't know how to art...

You were indirectly inspired by @viperxmns because I started doing this when I saw his deviant art gallery

https://www.deviantart.com/viperxmns/gallery/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mix said:

lmao....that's totally what i've been doing....just straight plagiarism xD

I don't know how to art...

You were indirectly inspired by @viperxmns because I started doing this when I saw his deviant art gallery

https://www.deviantart.com/viperxmns/gallery/

 

oh...yes, i've seen his work. he's quite talented. 

just keep drawing, keep sketching. keep being inspired. 

because a world without art is eh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mix said:

lmao....that's totally what i've been doing....just straight plagiarism xD

I don't know how to art...

You were indirectly inspired by @viperxmns because I started doing this when I saw his deviant art gallery

https://www.deviantart.com/viperxmns/gallery/

 

I absolutely did the same. My proudest pictures starting off were all copies of Dragonball Z characters. I would trace back then too. It actually helped me out when I stopped trying to trace every little detail and instead traced the outline then added details free hand. Drawing upside down was helpful too. 

Keep at it yo!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

I absolutely did the same. My proudest pictures starting off were all copies of Dragonball Z characters. I would trace back then too. It actually helped me out when I stopped trying to trace every little detail and instead traced the outline then added details free hand. Drawing upside down was helpful too. 

Keep at it yo!

I'm not gonna lie and say I never thought about tracing some of these that were giving me problems, but I didn't think i'd get better if I did that....the youtube videos i've been watching suggest drawing every day to improve and it makes sense in theory, but some days I'm not really feeling it and it turns out trash....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mix said:

I'm not gonna lie and say I never thought about tracing some of these that were giving me problems, but I didn't think i'd get better if I did that....the youtube videos i've been watching suggest drawing every day to improve and it makes sense in theory, but some days I'm not really feeling it and it turns out trash....

 

Definitely draw every day. 

And tracing for practice purposes can be fine. Just don't use it as a crutch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drawing from observation is a good way to build your drawing muscles, especially something like a figure drawing class, or of course using yourself as reference as often as needed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×