UnevenEdge

Soooo...Stromboli isn't a pasta?

cyberbully

5 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Turnover? That sounds more like a calzone than a stromboli since calzones are shaped like a half-moon. You are bad at knowing your pizza place food.

No this thing is kinda shaped more like a burrito, but sealed on the back end.....I would take a pic, but I've already eaten most of it.

• Haha 1

I moved out to the Midwest like an idiot, and one of the things I would mention I missed was stromboli. Friend mentions her mother used to like a good stromboli but she hasn't seen it on menus for a long time. Later on same friend was out at a restaurant and tells me they sold stromboli there so she ordered one for me. When I open it up its a sandwich with like beef and tomato sauce. I'm like "I think they gave you the wrong order". Friend has no idea what I'm talking about, bc apparently out here that shit is a sandwich varietal bc it's a godless land out here.

21 minutes ago, NSAID said:

I moved out to the Midwest like an idiot, and one of the things I would mention I missed was stromboli. Friend mentions her mother used to like a good stromboli but she hasn't seen it on menus for a long time. Later on same friend was out at a restaurant and tells me they sold stromboli there so she ordered one for me. When I open it up its a sandwich with like beef and tomato sauce. I'm like "I think they gave you the wrong order". Friend has no idea what I'm talking about, bc apparently out here that shit is a sandwich varietal bc it's a godless land out here.

I once ordered "Chicago" style pizza in Mizzou

It looked like a domino's pizza with sauce on top

That was the day I finally died inside

• Haha 1

That makes me feel better about not knowing the difference between a calzone and a stromboli. Cuz the place I used to work at, they were basically the same thing, except the stromboli wasn't a crescent, and you didn't get any choice of what went in it.

19 minutes ago, Rogue߷Alphonse said:

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHAT A STROMBOLI IS.

Even Italians don't know. Is it just a PA/NJ thing?

Even up here in New England... we have calzones but they ain't shit compared to a stromboli.

Great, now I am hungry for a cheesesteak stromboli.

Image result for cheesesteak stromboli

That looks like a Calzone. Haha.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Rogue߷Alphonse said:

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHAT A STROMBOLI IS.

Even Italians don't know. Is it just a PA/NJ thing?

Even up here in New England... we have calzones but they ain't shit compared to a stromboli.

Great, now I am hungry for a cheesesteak stromboli.

Image result for cheesesteak stromboli

Yeah that looks more calzone-ish to me.

According to a perfunctory Google search, the difference between a stromboli and a garbage bread is that a stromboli uses pizza dough and a garbage bread uses bread dough. But I've always eaten it made out of pizza dough.

The difference between those and a calzone is that those are rolled up (like a burrito hot pocket) and a calzone is like a pizza folded in half.

• Like 2