UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack in HD From The Beginning @ 8 PM Weeknights on [as]!

OwlChemist81

So going back to basics, I just assumed it was going to be the first episode of Season 5, but after a minute I could tell it was the very first episode.

Way better than half the shonen BS such as JoJo, Super, Hunter, and Naruto, maybe Toonami can actually be cool and air Swat Kats, something they certainly own as it was a Hanna Barbera show 

I watched a tiny bit of the first episode before I went to bed on Saturday night/Sunday morning. One thing I noticed was that they didn't use the typical space-y graphics for the pillarboxing; there were pure black bars instead. I wonder if they were hardcoded in as part of the remaster, because there's no other reason to treat it differently.

• Like 1

Recorded and finally got around to watching.

The order of places Jack travels to in the world seems dubious.  Wouln't he have to go past Egypt on his way to sub-Saharan Africa from Arabia?

That first episode is a masterpiece though.  It could have been a short film in its own right, if Jack had won there.

It's unfortunate that Genndy thought he could stretch things out and do the ending whenever he wanted, then the show gets canceled.  At least he was able to come back and finish it.  Will be great to sit and back and watch the complete run that should have been.  Who knows, maybe the ending wouldn't have been that great if Genndy got to do it when he wanted?

• Like 1

Jack got thrown into the Detroit version of Coruscant.

Yeah the wheels aren't going through the middle lol.

So wait Jack isn't even his real name?!  Then what is it?!  And why go by that appointed alias?!

Sexy alien dancer girls in the orbs and waitresses! :D

So that is the state of the world and the galaxy under Aku.

Just 1000s of years and dogs have evolved this far? :P

Not even dogs should live like dogs. :D

Ahh the first of Aku's robot drones.

To be continued!

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

Jack's first battle with the demon drones.

Now we know why Jack had them tip over those diggers and crash those pods and do other weird things.

That dumbass beetle jumped and landed on his head lmao.

The dogs watching LOL.

Several uninterrupted minutes of pure badassery.

They actually try to run away at that point LOL.

Bathed in oil and holding that tattered banner... Jack the pure badass.

Then Rothschild ruins it. :D

Centuries?  I think it would be millennia.  Well, that's still technically centuries, too, lol.  Did they ever give an actual figure of how many years it's been or when Aku first attacked when Jack was a child?

Aku watches and is none too pleased, but still thinks he will win. :P

• Like 1