UnevenEdge

game night - your favorite non video games

MEXobiologist

i really enjoy getting together with people, having some  :brownbottle: or some  :420:... maybe both, and playing games together. some of my best laughs come from this.

last night we played a game called heads up from an app. basically, you pick a category, hold up the phone to your head and have to guess the word shown by the hints people give you. some of it is kinda boring but the accent category is ridiculous. it was as broad as saying midwestern and as specific as saying cockney or sean connery.

anyways, i'm always in the market for a new one, got some favorites to share?

some of my own favorites are

more recently, Magic, and i'm damn terribru at it

Euchre

Dicecapades

Mad-libs

Telestrations

Cribbage

Scrabble

Quiddler

i still have to try cards against humanity but from what i've heard, i'm sure i would love it. 

you could have still made a poll out of this just like in my cell phone thread  :P

anyways cards against humanity is fun but gets old quick without the expansions.

other card games like lunch money and munchkins is are good too.

exploding kittens is loads of fun.

you could also try texas hold em but that one is more competitive than fun.

also you play magic?  ;)

texas holdem, or any poker for that matter, isn't that much fun to me. probably because its competitive and i suck at it. so i'm out real quick like and have to watch for foreeeevvvvveeeerrrrr it seems.

i only just began learning Magic and am not real good at it but my friends take it easy on me and help me out so i can get better. i wager that i would do much better if the didn't want to get ridiculously stoned every single time :D but i'll get used to it and better in time. also, i really need to get a new script and some glasses. the font on the cards is really quite hard for me to read. 

texas holdem, or any poker for that matter, isn't that much fun to me. probably because its competitive and i suck at it. so i'm out real quick like and have to watch for foreeeevvvvveeeerrrrr it seems.

i only just began learning Magic and am not real good at it but my friends take it easy on me and help me out so i can get better. i wager that i would do much better if the didn't want to get ridiculously stoned every single time :D but i'll get used to it and better in time. also, i really need to get a new script and some glasses. the font on the cards is really quite hard for me to read.

i think i love you even more now  <3

magic is kinda easy to pick up but very hard to master. probably my all time most favorite game.

and yeah its best to get down the fundamentals of the game before you get high  :P

Call of Duty and  Battlefield  :|

But really We usually do kings cup or this other card game where yo  name 3 things in 10 seconds or something

Pictionary, jenga cards against humanity. Don't really have a favorite everything is fun when you start getting tipsy and have good company with you

I really enjoy chess, Texas Hold'Em, Pitch / Rook, Speed (used to have tournaments in grade school), Risk, Monopoly, Life

I especially like Pitch and Rook played in teams. I'm really good at throwing out the fuck you cards at the right moment.

Isn't there a games folder specifically for these types of discussions?

In any case, Code Names is pretty good, Ticket to Ride is a blast, got the Mr. Meeseeks box o' fun for christmas but haven't busted it out yet.

oh my glob, you're right

shhhh, don't tell anyone i forgot about that  >:D

fixed

Call of Duty and  Battlefield  :|

But really We usually do kings cup or this other card game where yo  name 3 things in 10 seconds or something

Pictionary, jenga cards against humanity. Don't really have a favorite everything is fun when you start getting tipsy and have good company with you

drunk jenga is the tits!

the brewery i favor has a gigantic set to play with and its still super hard if not more difficult.

There was a time when dad would want to play Backgammon as a way to talk about how things are going. It was nice, but I need to brush up on the rules.

Same thing with chess, though that one has probably been even longer since the last time I've played it. I actually started playing dice after I learned the rules from the 1st Yakuza game, but that's also been years.

I think the only game I could get heavily invested in would be blackjack.  I've tried to do mahjong on the iphone, but I could never really get the rules because sometimes I get stumped when they don't want me to pair some blocks together.

• 4 weeks later...

We're really into tabletop games, mostly of the complicated card variety. Favorites are Boss Monster, Munchkin, Fluxx, Small World, Dead of Winter, The Doom That Came to Atlantic City, Galaxy Trucker...uhhhhhh...more but I suck at recalling things off the top of my head.

Lately nothin.  I have no gaming tribe to do stuff like that with.

many eons ago I stayed up all night playing boardgames a lot.

Robo Ralley.  Kingmaker.  Talisman.  Rail Baron.  Nuclear War.  Catan.  Quirks.  Cosmic Encounter.  god probably at least a few hundred other ones.

Most of the sort of standard Milton/Bradley type board games are pretty much the same to me.  but once you cross that super geeky line and fall in with actual gamers, you get introduced to a whole universe of new types of games.

I probably haven't "gamed" in over a decade.  But I miss it.

I've played cosmic encounter with friends and I infamously lost twice in instances where everyone in the game won but me.

I really love the board game Diplomacy. I've wanted to try to start an online game here, but haven't had the free time or motivation to initiate a game and teach people how to play.