UnevenEdge

Smoked meat again.

Rogue_Alphonse

This time, it was a 5 hour process over misquote wood, and all I did was pour Sam Adams Octoberfest over it a few times.. following up with a glaze made of Stubb's Hickory Bourbon with some Don Q mixed into it.

It damn near melted in my mouth, and it was so good that even a couple very friendly stray (I think? Maybe domestic outside?) cats enjoyed some.

(Also don't mind the "Smorgas-board"... it was my last minute safety precaution considering that table was going to collapse at any minute. Not my house.... I have working tables... and better landscaping.)

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: people sitting and table

Image may contain: food and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

These look so good.

Reminds me of the time I smoked pork and lamb meat for the first time. When you get to that perfect temperature, everything melts in your mouth and slips off the bone, so to speak. But that was ages ago. I was a senior in high school when I learned how to smoke meat in that fashion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, midnight said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, the 1/2" piece of plywood just thrown on top really could use some hinges, and maybe even some hood struts to hold it up xD and using half blocks on the sides and a whole block on the front as dampeners can get annoying if it's not me who is cooking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogue߷Alphonse said:

Well, the 1/2" piece of plywood just thrown on top really could use some hinges, and maybe even some hood struts to hold it up xD and using half blocks on the sides and a whole block on the front as dampeners can get annoying if it's not me who is cooking.

I'll have to snap a picture of our old smoker. It was used when I was a kid. Made entirely of blocks. You might appreciate the antique. It has cooked  many great meals. Hasn't been used in probably close to 30 years. But we don't ever throw anything away.

28 minutes ago, midnight said:

I'll have to snap a picture of our old smoker. It was used when I was a kid. Made entirely of blocks. You might appreciate the antique. It has cooked  many great meals. Hasn't been used in probably close to 30 years. But we don't ever throw anything away.

When I build one for my place it will be mortared together and be very elaborate - as in smoker/grill/rotisserie/fire pit xD

Haven't figured out where I want to put it yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rogue߷Alphonse said:

When I build one for my place it will be mortared together and be very elaborate - as in smoker/grill/rotisserie/fire pit xD

Haven't figured out where I want to put it yet.

This old one we have is a smoker/grill/fire pit. I need to get it back in working condition. 

Where ever you decide to put it, a patio around it would be nice. Sort of an outdoor kitchen with sitting area. That'd be kick ass.

2 minutes ago, midnight said:

This old one we have is a smoker/grill/fire pit. I need to get it back in working condition. 

Where ever you decide to put it, a patio around it would be nice. Sort of an outdoor kitchen with sitting area. That'd be kick ass.

That's why it's not built yet. We want a deck off the side of the house that leads to a fire pit xD

• Like 1