UnevenEdge

Post a picture of yourself: version selfie

Naraku4656

old pic me on the right. Great grandma was in her 90s there and was a one room school house teacher. She was alive before the airplane was even invented. Pretty much if we weren't learning stuff for school she had us out learning how to farm. One time I caught a large black snake. She took it cut off it's head skinned it cooked it and had us eat it. If you messed up cursive she would wear a metal thimble and flick your head with it and it hurt like hell. 

116564968_3482431811787162_3555069080593304942_o.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jezebelthenun said:

Damn, I need more Grammy wisdom.  I love the thimble idea.  I just threaten to kill my kids and eat their faces, but they're on to the empty threat. (Okay, only the oldest one)

Study or Labor was pretty much the method we had. If you weren't learning from a book, then you were outside picking up sticks, tilling the land, or planting/picking vegetables. Either way you were learning something. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Study or Labor was pretty much the method we had. If you weren't learning from a book, then you were outside picking up sticks, tilling the land, or planting/picking vegetables. Either way you were learning something. 

Pretty sure that's illegal now or something.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Kudasai said:

IMG_20200731_200614698.thumb.jpg.eedaedd84a05c87b3bc0699f2fe65eb9.jpg

On 8/3/2020 at 5:27 PM, NaBarney said:

Good morning

IMG_20200803_170543.jpg

On 8/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Last night at work I got by far the most comments I've ever gotten on one article of clothing I was wearing, all of them positive. One of the guys I work with every day and have a rapport with, one was a dude who I see occasionally but never talked to and the other was an older woman (at least 55, possibly even as high as 65? Which shocked me in a pleasant way in the same manner as when I saw the dude around my dad's age wearing the Sonic the Hedgehog shirt), who I don't really talk to, but we have the same basic job just she's day shift and I'm night shift, so I sometimes pass by her as I'm arriving.

Hopefully this upload works, this is the first time I'm trying to upload directly to the boards instead of posting a link to imgur.

tenor.gif

I don't know what's in the water, but people are lookin' hotter around here....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, lupin_bebop said:

What heat? It’s not that hot. 

F16CFA51-EEBB-4505-95EB-039049E91450.jpeg

Nice...

I guess the big thing is if it's humid or not. Also I'd imagine after living there for over a year one would get used to the heat. When it comes to here in the midwest the humidity makes the outdoors feel like an oven when it gets above 90.

1 minute ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

Nice...

I guess the big thing is if it's humid or not. Also I'd imagine after living there for over a year one would get used to the heat. When it comes to here in the midwest the humidity makes the outdoors feel like an oven when it gets above 90.

There was 2% humidity that day. My car was underneath a little shade tree. 

2 minutes ago, lupin_bebop said:

Kia Forte. I did a lot of stop-and-go road driving. I usually get 40-44 MPG.

My sis always gets Kia's and tried selling me on the idea of getting one, but I don't like their design. My current car is a Mazda 3, and I've had really good luck with it, it being the first car I bought and paid off from a dealership, that said I only got it cause I had very few options back then due to having no credit score. My credit score now is almost above 750, so I could get approved for a loan for any car I wanted. My next car will likely be a Honda Civic, I've known 5 people that had those kind of cars and each and every one of them have vouched for how reliable they are.

8 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

My sis always gets Kia's and tried selling me on the idea of getting one, but I don't like their design. My current car is a Mazda 3, and I've had really good luck with it, it being the first car I bought and paid off from a dealership, that said I only got it cause I had very few options back then due to having no credit score. My credit score now is almost above 750, so I could get approved for a loan for any car I wanted. My next car will likely be a Honda Civic, I've known 5 people that had those kind of cars and each and every one of them have vouched for how reliable they are.

I had a Mazda 3. I loved it when I had it. The new ones are a good mix of reliability, economy, and fun overall. They have plenty of space, too. If you don’t fuck them up too much, they will treat you well in return. Honda’s are nice, but you can get a Mazda 3 with the SAME (or more) features, better mileage, and cheaper. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lupin_bebop said:

I had a Mazda 3. I loved it when I had it. The new ones are a good mix of reliability, economy, and fun overall. They have plenty of space, too. If you don’t fuck them up too much, they will treat you well in return. Honda’s are nice, but you can get a Mazda 3 with the SAME (or more) features, better mileage, and cheaper. 

I've had two cars now, both Japanese models (Mitsubishi and now Mazda), and I've had really good luck with both. The Mitsubishi was from 97 and I got from a 72yo woman, despite it being a rusty eyesore it never broke down in the 5 years that I owned it. So I do want to stick to Japanese models. I really would like to have a truck, but those are overpriced in comparison to normal cars, also the fuel economy is shit. The thing I like most about the cars I've had (even the mitsubishi from 97) is I got really good gas mileage, and could go about 3 weeks without needing to refill.