UnevenEdge

Could *Insert shitty show here* be headed to Toonami?

OwlChemist81

On 5/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, Top Gun said:

Megalo Box was still pretty action-y, even as a sports series.

Well yeah, SAO is pretty much the ur-isekai.

Yeah, I’ve said it before, but combat sports can’t really be compared to traditional stick and ball sports, especially in adaptations.  Your layman may not get the rules of tennis, but they’ll get a fist punching someone in the face.

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Could Nichijou be coming to Toonami??

This one COULD actually happen, folks!!!

"Does Nichijou is Toonami" is the most disgust in the media of the past old. Do YOU still believe or not?? *Game Grumps reference, since apparently people mistook my last attempt for being dyslexic and didn't get the joke*

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

6 hours ago, elfie said:

FYI there's a post going around that One Piece will return to Toonami this summer.

Really, 'cause the rumor I heard was that one of the new shows was Tokyo Ghoul :re. If it is, then I guess Pierrot really does find a way, like it did several times before during the Kinky Kunoichi writing process.

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, if it ever does return, it won't be at the spot where it got pulled!

[that's for damn sure]

If OP does come back,

1. I likely won't watch it because I watched the dub on Funimation now after they got rid of it

2. the pacing is so slow, it's best to just plow through several episodes on fast forward.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

If OP does come back,

1. I likely won't watch it because I watched the dub on Funimation now after they got rid of it

2. the pacing is so slow, it's best to just plow through several episodes on fast forward.

And yet, people consider the show "good." It's one of the great mysteries of life.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2019 at 10:37 AM, elfie said:

FYI there's a post going around that One Piece will return to Toonami this summer.

It's confirmed to be fake.  Don't spread it.

Really now. I saw it posted by WTK, which is a pretty reputable news account, so I assumed it was an accidental leak. But it's since been deleted, so it mustn't be.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

FUN FACT: If you look hard enough at this bump, it pretty much reveals that Angel Beats and Highschool of the Dead were actually under consideration for pickup by [as] in the dry spell between Durarara!!'s end and Toonami's resurrection.

https://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/4362

And that's how we wound up getting Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Angel Beats, ranked the tenth most popular anime in existence by MAL... was passed up for Casshern sins?

Yeah I can see Demarco doing that.

At least Deadman was relatively popular even though it was a mess, so from a business standpoint you can't really fault him.

I didn't participate in the thread, but I HAPPENED to glance over at Black CLover at that very shot and wondered.... " THEY -- .... THERE'S NO REASON WHY THE SEXTUPLETS ARE IN THIS SHOW, IS THERE??? IT'S JUST A RANDOM CAMEO!"

By this show is ..... clllllllllever. :P

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Hey it was on Chiller, and we all know how much good that did!

I woulda watched it on Chillr... however... I had no idea they had an anime block. That's where that whole advertising thing comes into play.

Also... Chillr was NOT even HD. I'm spoiled on HD now so I can't go back to watching non HD shows, they look like shit to me now.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, elfie said:

I didn't participate in the thread, but I HAPPENED to glance over at Black CLover at that very shot and wondered.... " THEY -- .... THERE'S NO REASON WHY THE SEXTUPLETS ARE IN THIS SHOW, IS THERE??? IT'S JUST A RANDOM CAMEO!"

By this show is ..... clllllllllever. :P

Same animation studio, all in good fun.

6 hours ago, Daos said:

I woulda watched it on Chillr... however... I had no idea they had an anime block. That's where that whole advertising thing comes into play.

Also... Chillr was NOT even HD. I'm spoiled on HD now so I can't go back to watching non HD shows, they look like shit to me now.

I actually recorded all three nights of Chiller Ani-Wednesdays way back when; I watched them on my CRT TV in the living room, so the only quality problem I had was the stretchy aspect ratio for Tokyo Majin. Point was, I had avoided Is This a Zombie? like the plague up until then, and after that, I managed to finish both seasons and actually like it.

So thanks, Chiller. Thiller.

8 hours ago, Ginguy said:

After Food Wars! is there really a point to this thread?

I mean, we've pretty much reached the bottom of the barrel....

We haven't aired "In another World with a Smartphone" or "Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar"... yet.

Food Wars is kind of a C list pick but there's much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

More like a "B-" pick.

Will the Tenchi franchise ever release something good enough for Toonami instead?

Also, somehow with the likes of Gundam the Origin and My Hero Academia relegated to the 3 AM hour abyss right now, the bar seems REALLY high...

From what I've seen... the Tenchi Franchise is done. Every show they've tried since the first 3 or 4 has been pure awful. It only exists due to nostalgia.