UnevenEdge

Could *Insert shitty show here* be headed to Toonami?

OwlChemist81

On 11/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Daos said:

Kiss x Sis is actually an unusual harem anime. Most harem anime have some tacked on story like Infinite Stratos where it's about mechas, Highschool of the Dead with zombies, and DXD with Demons. They always feature a dense protagonist who never manages to get so much as a kiss, and usually is somehow unaware of the fact that every girl in a 10 mile radius is in love with him despite it being super obvious. Throw in a few panty shots and a beach episode and you have pretty much every harem anime ever made.

Kiss x Sis goes a totally different route. It doesn't even pretend to have a story. He goes to school, comes home and his sisters try to find a way to bang him. The MC knows his stepsisters want to bang him and it ends up being basically one step shy of Hentai. It's very memetastic as well.

Yeah there's always some excuse of a "story," often very contrived, for why the harem proceedings should take place.  But everything you said is why I hate harem animes, besides the fact of how ridiculous the premise is, I often wondered if characters like Tenchi were gay or a eunuch.  Then there's other cases where it's like WHICH ONE DO I FUCK HUR HUR.  It's even worse when the guy has a chance to bang the girl(s) but backs out of it.  The pandering completely takes me out of it, almost as bad as those moe-trash shows like Lucky Star or K-On that always inexplicably feature a cast of young girls for lolicon pedo-takus to lust after.

https://awesomelyshitty.wordpress.com/2011/10/07/lucky-star-what-hath-god-wrought/

Lol step-sisters.  They couldn't commit!

Edited by ben0119

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, elfie said:

...... I look at all the seasonal anime lists, and I NEVER heard of this one!

Well it's technically only two OVA's. An anime adaptation has been announced though.

Here's the weird thing. The OVA is for all ages, totally G rated stuff.

The games that this is all based on... pure X rated catgirl fucking. Why turn an X rated catgirl plowing game into G rated anime OVA's? That's the real question here.

13 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yes totally correct.

That's hilarious. They basically canceled something they picked up less than two months ago. 😹

Black Bullet is an excellent anime imo, but I think they should come up with their own acquisitions and not get things that people have seen on The Anime Network, Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, Blatch said:

That show is usually the answer to "What sports anime could Toonami feasibly air?" Maybe Megalobox is on the block now, but their point still stands. I'd try to watch it.

Megalobox should be celebrated because it's possibly the one sports anime on Toonami that is doing fairly well!

• Like 1

Could Psycho-Pass (FINALLY) be coming to Toonami??

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-08/psycho-pass-anime-gets-3rd-season/.144332

Note: this only works with the joke thread theme if you consider that they'll have to air the critically panned Season 2 first!

(But it's just 11 episodes, and would probably be on at like 2:30 AM, so...)

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2019 at 12:07 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

OK, HERE WE FUCKIN' GO...

Why HASN'T Madoka Magica been on Toonami yet!?

I mean really, the asthetic is 100% Adult Swim

Lots of bizarre animation together with odd plot happenings--that's [as] to a T!

Ok, Aniplex can be a dick, but we got SAO back, so let's make it happen!!!

[OK?]

Because Demarco is afraid of the Almighty Uterus

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Could Psycho-Pass (FINALLY) be coming to Toonami??

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-08/psycho-pass-anime-gets-3rd-season/.144332

Note: this only works with the joke thread theme if you consider that they'll have to air the critically panned Season 2 first!

(But it's just 11 episodes, and would probably be on at like 2:30 AM, so...)

We know that Toonami doesn't care if a show is critically panned or not.  Only when it's ABUNDANTLY clear, like GXP.

• Haha 2