UnevenEdge

that's so 80's

As a side note, Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" was recorded in 1988 but wasn't released until 1990. Hearing that song automatically brings back memories of when Antonio Sabato Jr. used to play Jagger Cates on General Hospital.

"Wicked Game" was Jagger's theme song.:x

Meanwhile, Daft Punk were from the mid to late '90s and not the '80s. I was in high school when they debuted. Sorry, showing my age there but what's new. LOL!

Moving along, there was no music video for Dio's "Egypt." I don't know about anyone else, but I am still reeling over the fact that Dio's "Egypt" wasn't used for the "Battle In Egypt" Arc for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.

Not a single song by Ronnie James Dio was used, when he had a supervillain named after him. Maybe there were copyright issues but just saying. This song was such a fitting opportunity, that was missed.

Not that most on here care, but depending on what's going on, I might come back later. I don't know yet.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 2

Epilogue - Part 1: A Hero's End from the Ninja Gaiden NES soundtrack came on shuffle on my way to work last night, and kept my mind occupied throughout the shift. My mind also drifted to Epilogue - Part 3: Sunrise (For Your Love), skipping Part 2 for whatever reason, then to the staff role music (which first appeared in the game as the background music for stage 4-2). My mind also drifted to the music to the intro scene to Ninja Gaiden II (that game was technically released in 1990, though).

I fucking love this soundtrack, and dare I say it is the best in the history of the NES. Even other games like The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man II with phenomenal soundtracks in their own right pale in comparison to the Ninja Gaiden OST. 

But I used to not really like the music in the beginning of the epilogue. Until one day I watched a vid on youtube of a dude doing a metal medley of the soundtrack. For Epilogue Part 1, he put down the guitar and played it on a toy Legend of Zelda ocarina. That gave me a new appreciation for this tune. Now I love it.

Anyway, here's the ending cutscenes with all the aforementioned music (except the one from Ninja Gaiden II):

@Jaquio I'm calling you out because I'm assuming if anyone here can have the same appreciation for this soundtrack I do, it's you. I still have no idea who your main is. xD

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Epilogue - Part 1: A Hero's End from the Ninja Gaiden NES soundtrack came on shuffle on my way to work last night, and kept my mind occupied throughout the shift. My mind also drifted to Epilogue - Part 3: Sunrise (For Your Love), skipping Part 2 for whatever reason, then to the staff role music (which first appeared in the game as the background music for stage 4-2). My mind also drifted to the music to the intro scene to Ninja Gaiden II (that game was technically released in 1990, though).

I fucking love this soundtrack, and dare I say it is the best in the history of the NES. Even other games like The Legend of Zelda and Mega Man II with phenomenal soundtracks in their own right pale in comparison to the Ninja Gaiden OST. 

But I used to not really like the music in the beginning of the epilogue. Until one day I watched a vid on youtube of a dude doing a metal medley of the soundtrack. For Epilogue Part 1, he put down the guitar and played it on a toy Legend of Zelda ocarina. That gave me a new appreciation for this tune. Now I love it.

Anyway, here's the ending cutscenes with all the aforementioned music (except the one from Ninja Gaiden II):

@Jaquio I'm calling you out because I'm assuming if anyone here can have the same appreciation for this soundtrack I do, it's you. I still have no idea who your main is. xD

Absolutely. It will always have a place in my heart, as do a lot of NES soundtracks. Right now I'm on a Castlevania kick, since I downloaded the Castlevania Collection from the PS Store. Ah, nostalgia.

• Like 1

Last Friday would've been Prince's birthday. Originally, "The Purple One" wrote this song for Vanity to sing before they split. Then, he gave it to Apollonia for a demo. I heard Apollonia 6's demo of "Manic Monday," 3 years ago and it was horrendous.

Prince made the right decision shelving "Manic Monday" for 2 years, before giving it to The Bangles. Supposedly, he told them that The Bangles' rhythm guitarist would have to sleep with him, in order to get this song. The question is did she actually sleep with Prince, in order to get "Manic Monday"? LOL!

• Like 2

Damn it! hate Windows 10. Did anyone post this yet? I can't remember if I did or not. I can barely see what has and hasn't already been posted.

Anyway, this song brings back memories of The Breakfast Club. Every time I hear this song now, I start laughing because of that scene where John asks Claire if she's gonna have a "White Wedding."

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Haha 1

Re-watching this video as an adult is infuriating. Growing up, I never really paid that much attention to this video on MTV or the song. I just thought it was similar to Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" because of the man trying to control her by scolding her like a child.

After re-watching "Voices Carry" multiple time on MTV Classic, I get it now. BTW: The boyfriend in here gives me creepy Patrick Bateman vibes.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

Wow! That must be the uncut version of Culture Club's "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" It's been played God knows how many times and have been watching that video for years and I have NEVER seen "Black Face" in it, until now. It's amazing what you learn.:o

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Wow! That must be the uncut version of Culture Club's "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" It's been played God knows how many times and have been watching that video for years and I have NEVER seen "Black Face" in it, until now. It's amazing what you learn.:o

it's all good. 

videos were weird in the 80's. 

the 80's were just weird.  xD

• Like 1

Yeah, no lie about that. Being born in the early '80s and growing up during the '80s and '90s were strange times. However, those were the last best decades of the 20th Century.

So far, this century sucks. I guess that's the price we pay for getting older. Maybe tomorrow I'll post more. These last 3 days have kicked my ass. Talk about being exhausted.😴

• Like 1