UnevenEdge

I'm REALLY fat, you guys.

GuyBeardmane

On 8/25/2018 at 8:34 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

Like, I'm a big dude.  I've known I'm a big dude as it's quite obvious.  But today I went to a clinic to check for an ear infection and they put me on the scale and I was actually blown away because I am 445 pounds.  That's too damn big.  So either I gotta change things and start exercising and counting calories and such, or not.

I went from 230-40ish to 160 in about a year and a half

I did IF and counted calories

You just gotta find what works for you and stick with it.  if you struggle with a diet try another one and see if it's up your alley... you got puppies that depend on you now

You recognize you have a problem and that's the first step to making a change!

Don't try to do extremes in the beginning. Your body is use to your size and habits so any sudden change is going to make it fight back.

Don't also try to go cold turkey with your diet. Slowly reduce soda consumption, fast food consumption, junk food consumption, and any other foods that aren't good for your health.

I would suggest avoiding low-fat because low-fat foods are loaded with sugars to make up for the lack of taste. Go for good fats and try to increase your fiber intake (Fiber will keep you fuller for longer.). Increase water consumption too.

For exercise, start with simple walks. It could be a daily five minute walk. You can also do easy cardio like gentle jogging in place. I don't know what you call them but when you are sitting on the couch you can exercise your legs in those floor foot pedal machines. 

I can not emphasize enough taking it nice and easy at first. It has taken you a long time to get this fat and it's going to take a while to lose it. You want to start right. 1/2 pound a week is good enough and only weight yourself once a week. Pay attention to inches lost over pounds lost in the beginning.

It's going to take a lot of habit changing which includes working on your personal psychology. I'd wager weight loss is 80% psychology/habit and 20% willpower.

Good luck!

P.S.-I'm overweight myself and currently on the road of weight loss. What I just told you is from personal experience and ten years of frustration. Feel free to adjust my advice to help yourself better and ignore the BMI chart. 

Edited by SnapItCrackItPopIt
  • Like 1