UnevenEdge

Crunchyroll to start producing original content because all the cool kids are doing it.

Jman

13 minutes ago, elfie said:

Digi's recently been saying some harsh words to Crunchyroll and had even advocated piracy which obviously the company does not like. He once said "I am the best anime youtuber ever and anyone who disagrees can suck it!"

Yeah good decision on Crunchyroll's part not to invite him this year

2 minutes ago, PowerKing said:

When did I employ the word "like" in relation to my opinions of Digibro.

How can one infer a fondness of a reviewer's content?

Hmmmmm....

Could it be when that person has supplemented the reviewer's content for their own opinion on several occasions?

Nah, that makes too much sense.

Edited by naraku360

6 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

How can one infer a fondness of a reviewer's content?

Hmmmmm....

Could it be when that person has supplemented the reviewer's content for their own opinion on several occasions?

Nah, that makes too much sense.

Sharing is caring.

56 minutes ago, elfie said:

There's an entire post chain on this link.

It really is ridiculous considering how much time, money, and energy Crunchyroll spent to not only stream anime, but to actually move from hosting pirated content to becoming a legitimate business devoted to providing and promoting anime in the west. They've spent over a decade building themselves up, they're not just gonna wake up one day and go "you know what? fuck anime."

Edited by QueenoftheDorks
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jman said:

Who knows?

I just didn’t want to bring someone this controversial in.

I didn't expect my jab at him to cause so much. I can't deny loling at elfie's overreaction though.

He's really just a douche. He's a lolicon brony who tries to make himself out to be an intellectual that values all opinions while frequently creating unnecessary, cringeworthy drama then shuts down all criticism like he's the victim when he actively and publicly treats his friends like shit.

I only follow any of his antics to point and laugh at how seriously he takes himself.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

They've spent over a decade building themselves up, they're not just gonna wake up one day and go "you know what? fuck anime."

Crunchy wouldn't, but now that they've sold their soul to AT&T, who knows what will be demanded of them?

There should be advantages to having access to all that extra corporate money and ad connections and infrastructure, but it seems like whenever the corporate gorillas notice anime, they think they know anime fans and fuck things up ("How do you do, fellow anime kids!").  If they crash and burn Crunchy's business with their ignorant meddling, what do they care?  They'll just take the tax write off and go plunder another business, and if the fail somehow got messy enough to ax the CEO over, he'll just golden parachute over to another corporation at a higher salary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

It really is ridiculous considering how much time, money, and energy Crunchyroll spent to not only stream anime, but to actually move from hosting pirated content to becoming a legitimate business devoted to providing and promoting anime in the west. They've spent over a decade building themselves up, they're not just gonna wake up one day and go "you know what? fuck anime."

In the end though, by definition, isn't ALL animation anime?

1 hour ago, Gina Szanboti said:

Crunchy wouldn't, but now that they've sold their soul to AT&T, who knows what will be demanded of them?

There should be advantages to having access to all that extra corporate money and ad connections and infrastructure, but it seems like whenever the corporate gorillas notice anime, they think they know anime fans and fuck things up ("How do you do, fellow anime kids!").  If they crash and burn Crunchy's business with their ignorant meddling, what do they care?  They'll just take the tax write off and go plunder another business, and if the fail somehow got messy enough to ax the CEO over, he'll just golden parachute over to another corporation at a higher salary.

Do you suspect these original shows coming up are all because of AT&T?

2 hours ago, elfie said:

Do you suspect these original shows coming up are all because of AT&T?

Crunchy has been producing and co-producing anime for awhile now (e.g., Kiznaiver, Citrus, Kemono Friends, Island, Luluco), but not anything as Western as this.  So yeah, I suspect it has something to do with it, but I have no factual basis for it.  I'm sure both the prep for this series and the AT&T deal have been in the works for some time now though, so it could be a coincidence that one was announced on the heels of the other, or it could be that the final green-lighting of the series was dependent on the deal going through.  We'll probably never know for sure.

7 hours ago, Daos said:

Thanks! That's valuable information.

N-NEXT-- .... TUESDAY!?? :D That's WAY sooner than I expected! I thought they would take their sweet time, since they had this current player for so long! I expect there will be bugs when this player comes out, but that comes with everything.

I only hope my operating system and browsers can support it. I been having compatability trouble with some sites updating and being only restrictive to the latest Chrome browser and computer, and my own is very old.

Edited by elfie

On 8/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, elfie said:

Everything we know hints at at least one diverse relationship but we'll see.

yeah but based on the trailer if there is a gay character it'll be a lesbian

and we already have a lesbian cartoon

MV5BNTNjMTM1YWYtZWQ3Yy00OGI1LWEyZjUtYTk3

what I'm wating for is a gay MAN who gets to live and have a romantic arc

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jman said:

I think what we've all learned here is...they should have made the damn Exaxxion anime, or at least bought that new Gunsmith Cats pilot to series.

Wrong; what we should have learned is that Croll has figured out how to make in excess of $100 million in profits off the weaponized autism that is Weeb nation....

19 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Wrong; what we should have learned is that Croll has figured out how to make in excess of $100 million in profits off the weaponized autism that is Weeb nation....

Clearly not that autistic, they rejected the Steven Universe clone.

No one is going to like everything, but it feels lately like a lot of companies try to force feed viewers things no one wants.  Look at my favorite punching bag Voltron.  The show is a financial flop.  After eight seasons and “Oh, muh diversity!”  Here’s an idea, next time hire people for your robot show that make robots beat the crap out of each other!

Edited by Jman

25 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

You, uh, gonna explain how a "financial flop" garnered 8 seasons?

This time it’s not hyperbole actually.

Dreamworks committed upfront to all those seasons expecting a massive toyline, but no one bought the toys because the only fans it had were insane fujoshi and Tumblrinas.  It’s why they’re burning off the 26 episodes in the span of 3 months and have either made all the merch discontinued or convention exclusives.  Playmates even publicly addressed a fan saying no one bought the toys and they discontinued the line for that reason.

49 minutes ago, Jman said:

This time it’s not hyperbole actually.

Dreamworks committed upfront to all those seasons expecting a massive toyline, but no one bought the toys because the only fans it had were insane fujoshi and Tumblrinas.  It’s why they’re burning off the 26 episodes in the span of 3 months and have either made all the merch discontinued or convention exclusives.  Playmates even publicly addressed a fan saying no one bought the toys and they discontinued the line for that reason.

You're saying that action cartoons migrated away from network TV BECAUSE they realized depending on merchandising sales for your show is bullshit, and yet we STILL have this problem with NETFLIX too!?!?

Hold on a sec... that last Voltron show got 8 seasons? EIGHT? That number that sounds like the word ate?

They could have pulled production on it if it was losing money.... doesn't matter if you ordered an ass ton of eps up front.  We only know the toys didn't sell.

If I had to guess I'd say the show probably broke even or made a tiny bit of money, which doesn't make it a flop like say... Kevin Costner's Waterworld was a flop.

• Haha 1