UnevenEdge

EMPTY'S BIG FAT GREEK FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD

Alright nerds, I decided to go ahead and create a new thread so our stuff doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the NFL thread.

League's set up, I'm prepared to send the invites. I'm going to be PMing each of my prospective owners with further instruction.

NOTE: I still have three spots open, and there's plenty of time before the draft, talking a couple of weeks. If you're interested just let me know.

DRAFT TIME IS TENTATIVELY SET FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 AT 9:00 PM EDT (8:00 PM CDT and so on). If anyone has issues with this, please let me know.

@Admin_Raptorpat or @Rogue_Alphonse if one of you would be so kind to float this thread I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, here are some good resources that I use for preseason prep and inseason management.

footballguys.com (rate my team, status updates, rankings, projections, the kitchen sink)

fantasypros.com (provides you with free tools to pair with your league, has player updates, best lineup vs your opponent, good waiver wire pickups and more)

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mock-draft (simple bare bones mock draft website)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, panic said:

Can we increase pass TD to be 6 instead of 5? Also why is there a bonus for 50+ yard TD for pass and rush but not receiving?

The lack of a receiving bonus was an oversight that I will correct.

I bumped the score down on passing TDs because I don't want those chucking machine QBs to inflate the score too much in today's pass heavy game.

We can put it to a vote, I'm not that committed one way or another.

Edited by empty

6 hours ago, StarPanda said:

Ok I'm in (that's what she said)

My team is ready to draft 

I'm trying to see if I can get one more player right now. I was shooting for a twelve team league but it looks like ten is going to be all I can scrape together.

We'll hash out draft time soon. I do like to draft after the teams have played their third preseason games, but we'll hammer out a time and date soon.

I'm looking for either Saturday night or Sunday afternoon right now, but I've got another draft on the last Sunday of this month. I'm not against doing two drafts in one day as far as I am concerned, but I also need to see how my work schedule shapes up before I commit to anything solid. I'll know for sure by next Tuesday.

EVERYONE PLEASE SET YOUR PRE-DRAFT LINEUP JUST IN CASE YOU CAN'T MAKE THE DRAFT.

Edited by empty

I tried doing a mock draft on ESPN tonight and I can't get the lobby to load on Chrome, Firefox or Edge, even after allowing flash. Just get an endless "loading your draft" screen. It worked earlier this week, so not sure why its doing this now.

4ever.jpg.79b9234eef07b3c3226c271891c57441.jpg

ALRIGHT NERDS THE LEAGUE IS OFFICIALLY ***FULL***!!!

@1pooh4u @sahockeygrl15 @Distortedreasoning @scoobdog @panic @Master-Debater131 @Zenigundam @SheemaGorath @Hachiman @StarPanda @molarbear

I still have the draft set for Saturday, Sept. 1 at 9:00 Eastern. I may end up moving that in the near future depending on my work schedule and how many people can commit to that time.

At the moment I'm thinking about either bumping it back an hour, to 8:00 Eastern, or moving it to Sunday evening on the 2nd. I may even go ahead and do it this coming Sunday if you all are cool with that. Let me know what works for you and I'll come up with a time that suits the most people as possible.

I'm thinking we'll do one minute between picks. That should be plenty of thinking time but will also help speed things along in the first few rounds if (when) we have folks who can't make it.

I'm happy with the scoring settings as they are right now. If you think something will make things more exciting, let me know.

Set your pre draft lineup just in case. You can do that by going to your team page and clicking "Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings". You can assert further control over autopick if you use "Edit Autopick Strategy" so you can set it to stop drafting once you reach a certain number of each player instead of ending up with a bench full of wide receivers and one running back. Those links can be found next to your avatar.

I'll also be posting this in the league's message board in case anybody misses it here.

Edited by empty

I've randomized the draft order so it's not first-come, first-served. Please don't take it personally if you ended up picking ninth or some shit.

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL DRAFT ORDER. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE. IF IT DOES THEN YOU KNOW I'M A DIRTY LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.

1. Hachiman
2. ZeniGundam
3. Distorted_Reasoning
4. sahockeygrl15
5. molarbear
6. Master_Debater131
7. SheemaGorath
8. empty
9. StarPanda
10. 1pooh4u
11. scoobdog
12. panic

Edited by empty
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, empty said:

It will start autopicking if you're inactive in the draft.

If you're going that route I seriously recommend setting your pre-draft lineup.

That’s what I kinda did last year but it doesn’t seem like that option is available yet. Lol I looked everywhere 😬😑💩

• Haha 1

Go to your team page. There will be two links directly to the right of your avatar, "Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings" and "Autopick Strategy".

In Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings, it gives you a movable tile list of every player in ESPN's database, though you can probably get by with the first 150 or so. It's kind of a pain in the ass, so you'll want to set aside an hour to do it. Your rankings probably won't differ too much from ESPN's rankings, but if you really want that extra level of control you can do it.

In Autopick Strategy, it will let you set which position you want to draft for each one of your picks, from round 1 to 17. You can have it pick the best player available at any position, or the best QB, RB, WR, etc. So, say you want the best running back available in the draft with your first pick, just set it to RB for pick 1. Or WR. Or whatever you think is best for your team. Then, you can also set it to draft a minimum and maximum number of a certain position, so you don't end up with four QBs and two WRs because it was picking best player available. Autopick strategy gives you less control but it doesn't take as long.

SET IT AND FORGET IT. I'm Ron Popeil.

@1pooh4u @Master-Debater131 @panic @Distortedreasoning @SheemaGorath @Hachiman @Zenigundam @StarPanda @scoobdog @sahockeygrl15 @molarbear

I need your opinions on a good draft time. I know not all of you are planning on being there but for those of you who are, I want to get input.

I changed the draft time to this Sunday the 26th at 9:00 EDT. Will this work for you or do you need something different?

I'm flexible but if we do it next weekend I will need it to be fairly early in the day.

Any input is appreciated, I want as many people as possible to be there.