UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24543080/chicago-bears-reach-agreement-trade-khalil-mack-oakland-raiders

Looks like a first round in 19 and 20 plus a 3rd round in 20 and a 6th round in 19.

There is going to be a lot of good defensive talent in the next two to three years though, I am still unsold given some off-field nonsense like holding out and missing mini-camp.

Martavis Bryant suspended again for failed drug test. Raiders going to cut him after trading away a 3rd rounder (for a guy on a 1-year contract).

Raiders also traded a 5th next year to the Bills for AJ McCarron.

Had to trade Mack away just to recoup some picks for the other dumbass trades they've made.

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

this sucks balls but im glad the drama is behind us.

mack wanted to get payed and for some reason we wouldnt oblige. it is what it is. 

he was the only bright spot on our league worst defense. hopefully now we can address that issue. 

He was the only real bright spot on your entire team.

Now.......Ya got nothing.

What I am interested in hearing is if the Raiders lack of money played more into this than anything else.  

On 9/1/2018 at 4:55 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

He was the only real bright spot on your entire team.

Now.......Ya got nothing.

What I am interested in hearing is if the Raiders lack of money played more into this than anything else.  

thats what jon gruden is saying that we simply couldn't match what the bears were offering him. im not sure if i buy that or not. i been seeing a lot of reports and most are saying it wasnt a cap issue. we have the money. 

between letting go of our best punter, hiring tom cable, letting go of mack because we couldnt afford him, im not liking these moves. the season hasnt even started yet and im already feeling down on the team. 

The salary cap isn't the issue. Its that Mark Davis may not have the cash on hand to pay the signing bonus, and probably wouldn't want to even if he did. He's a cheapskate just like the Chargers Spanos. They'd rather make a profit off a bad product than win championships.

On 9/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, panic said:

The salary cap isn't the issue. Its that Mark Davis may not have the cash on hand to pay the signing bonus, and probably wouldn't want to even if he did. He's a cheapskate just like the Chargers Spanos. They'd rather make a profit off a bad product than win championships.

maybe we would have had more money if we didnt pay a certain coach 100 million dollars. fucking a.  

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

so much outrage over this move lmao.

Fuck those Nike burning morons. I doubt Nike cares about people destroying paid for merchandise. The stock fell but maybe it will go back up if they show an increase in sales. Nike claims it saw a 43million increase. 

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Fuck those Nike burning morons. I doubt Nike cares about people destroying paid for merchandise. The stock fell but maybe it will go back up if they show an increase in sales. Nike claims it saw a 43million increase. 

im just laughing at the absurdity of it all. as if they suddenly turn into some righteous people and drew the line when nike used kap as the face of their new campaign. thank you for showing us your morals. 

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

It wasn't just Nike that fell though. A couple of other shoe/sportswear companies fell too.

Nike is the big winner in all of this. They get the money of the idiots who are buying shit to protest, they are getting the money of the people who want to support Kaep, and this campaign is all over the news in a shitton of free press. They'll never be a bad off as the conservatives are convinced they're going to be. It's almost like an international multi-billion dollar business that has existed for decades knows more about how things work than racist shitstains.

Edited by QueenoftheDorks
  • Like 3

Posted this in another thread but I guess it goes well here to 

The best part of this is on one side you have a group of people burning shit they already bought as if that makes some sort of point and on the other side you have people rushing to buy more Nike gear that is made in sweatshops by what basically amounts to slaves in the name of Woke Activism. 

All the while Nike plays both sides for the fools they are and makes even more off of them thanks to their ability to exploit the current outrage culture. 

4 minutes ago, panic said:

Matt Ryan sucks. Horribly inaccurate all game. Staring down receivers. Kept taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

this game was a terrible way to kick off the season.

atlanta looked really sloppy with all them penalties. the eagles offense was out for most the game. and yes matt ryan had some bad throws at the end there. most of those not catchable. kudos to the eagles defense for winning that game. funny how the announcers were talking about atlanta working on their "red zone offense" during the off season and then watching them being unsuccessful when it came time to execute. 

oh and eagles fans were booing their team during halftime. normally i'd say thats classless but the game really sucked at that point lol. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, molarbear said:

All I know is I'm 1-0 in the pick ems part

I'm going to enjoy my perfect record while it last

I still refuse to recognize the Falcons as a team due to their catastrophic choke in the Super Bowl two years ago

Like a dick bag I switched my pick to the Falcons. Fuckin buncha choke artists

7 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

this game was a terrible way to kick off the season.

atlanta looked really sloppy with all them penalties. the eagles offense was out for most the game. and yes matt ryan had some bad throws at the end there. most of those not catchable. kudos to the eagles defense for winning that game. funny how the announcers were talking about atlanta working on their "red zone offense" during the off season and then watching them being unsuccessful when it came time to execute. 

oh and eagles fans were booing their team during halftime. normally i'd say thats classless but the game really sucked at that point lol. 

Terrible game. He almost got the TD at the end but threw the ball like a jerkoff making it impossible to land with the ball in bounds