UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

Havent even cleared the first page but see all this Browns hate. Granted, they are the browns. But i honestly think the offense could be average. I think Tyrod will be ok, I think Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson could be a solid tandem. I think the Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry and Antonio Callaway group could be dangerous. And the upgraded on OC with Todd Hayley. I smell a 6-10 season.

5 hours ago, Hachiman said:

Jets are looking to move Teddy for a high draft pick in rds. 1-3. But they might keep him no one meets their demands.

Heard so many arguements on if they should move him or what not. Who do you think is better at this moment, Josh Darnold or Teddy?

On 8/10/2018 at 7:13 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

After watching the Browns last night the thing I am most concerned about this year is that they are actually improving, and they wont be the absolute worst in the league.

whos going to be our punchline now?!  

Jets? Bucs?

As a bucs fan, thanks. ohhhh how 2002 was so just ya knowww alot of fun to watch.

Doesnt look like the new helmet rule has been brought up for debate. Everyone has their own take, but to me... its ridiculous... It is almost flag football, but im not surprised considering the developments of finding CTE for old school players or recently retired,but it was fun while it lasted watching NFL defenses in the early 2000s as a kid till now. It makes defensive player rethink how they tackle in the national football league, especially players who have been in 5+ years, or even childhood ball.

Edited by jayrider128

I go with Teddy who actually had experience under his belt and protect him well. He was decent in MN but a bit under developed when Norv was the coordinator. He was making progress before that freak accident sidelined him. So I would definitely let Teddy run the offense then ease Sam into a few snaps and maybe a game or two to spell Teddy.

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I think they want the pick that he is going to demand.  Darnold is the future, Teddy is a backup.  Thats a lot of money to pay a backup. 

Yeah but I don’t want Darnold to get his soul crushed if he makes mistakes.  It’s gonna be all about, “welcome to the NFL mother fucker” once the season starts. There are worse things than sitting behind Bridgewater. Besides they have 90million in cap space.  Would a draft pick or 2 be nice?  Sure but I still say keep all 3 QBs, start Bridgewater or McCown and let Darnold observere instead of taking sack after sack 😆

• Like 1

the week in quotes is just that. a weekly article that gathers some interesting quotes and tidbits from the league every week. last weeks had this great one one

"If I'd played against Jay Cutler more, I'd be in the Hall of Fame."

-- Former Washington Redskins defensive back DeAngelo Hall 

heres the article

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/week-quotes/2018/week-quotes-august-19-2018

• Haha 1

The Jets very well may be the lol team this year and not because of Darnold or Bridgewater but because as Ian Eagle said, “The Jets Special Teams has been a calamity”

seriously they should fire that coach right fuckin meow and cut them all. No special teams would be preferable to wtf it was I witnessed last night. 

i saw that game yesterday at the gym. well at least part of it. lets just say i wouldnt expect much if anything at all from the jets this year. tho they do play the dolphins and the bills who are also bad so you will get some wins. the browns on the other hand play against 2 good division rival and not a completely shitty one in the bungels. i wonder if they could get the triple shit crown. 

but yes having a bad specials team can be the difference in a 6-10 team and a 10-6 team. just look at the chargers the last two years. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 9:20 AM, 1pooh4u said:

The Jets haven’t had a good ST since Westhoff retired. He came out of retirement but didn’t return to the long suffering Jets ☹️

As a jets fan what did you think of Chad Pennington? Its seems jets fans have always really liked him, i remember him being super accurate, but had bad arm strength and injury prone.I bring it up because  It seems hes been the best QB yall have had since 2000. I mean i think Vinny had one year to remember but that was it. 

Edited by jayrider128
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

As a jets fan what did you think of Chad Pennington? Its seems jets fans have always really liked him, i remember him being super accurate, but had bad arm strength and injury prone.I bring it up because  It seems hes been the best QB yall have had since 2000. I mean i think Vinny had one year to remember but that was it. 

I liked Pennington more so today than when he actually played cuz it’s been pretty much all downhill from there.  😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I liked Pennington more so today than when he actually played cuz it’s been pretty much all downhill from there.  😆

Fair Enough. Pennington, Curtis Martin, young santana moss and Wayneoo. yall were not even close to magical, but were pretty solid. and pennington was 2x Comeback player of the year. And on the brightside...um.. that robbie anderson kid is pretty good.

• Like 1

Just now, jayrider128 said:

Fair Enough. Pennington, Curtis Martin, young santana moss and Wayneoo. yall were not even close to magical, but were pretty solid. and pennington was 2x Comeback player of the year. And on the brightside...um.. that robbie anderson kid is pretty good.

Also it really has mostly been downhill since then. But 2009 and 2010 were awesome, despite having mark sanchez, thomas jones was effective as was that Jets D.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

He's good but he's so slim that he can't be in the slot, he gets hammered, plus he's a little bit of a loose cannon.  I'm happier that Enunwa is back.  I miss the days when we had the Sack Exchange....I love defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

Also it really has mostly been downhill since then. But 2009 and 2010 were awesome, despite having mark sanchez, thomas jones was effective as was that Jets D.

We also had one of the best Special Teams during that time, lol, now it's a joke.  We're gonna lose quite a few games because of special teams:S

1 minute ago, jayrider128 said:

Lol love over the top memes on league average quarterbacks.

Mostly I just post memes, mock Cleveland and hate on Cam Newton.

I was wondering, maybe we can add something interesting to the NFL Pickem game, a booby prize where the person with the worst score has to have the lamest Cam Newton post-game conference outfit as an icon for a week or something.

@Admin_Raptorpat can we do this?

12 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Mostly I just post memes, mock Cleveland and hate on Cam Newton.

I was wondering, maybe we can add something interesting to the NFL Pickem game, a booby prize where the person with the worst score has to have the lamest Cam Newton post-game conference outfit as an icon for a week or something.

@Admin_Raptorpat can we do this?

Whats the beef with Cam? He is a bit of a whiner fooo sure, but he is league average , and his ceiling is usually pretty high.

Edited by jayrider128

Teddy is on a 1-year deal. He can walk after this and the Saints will have thrown away a 3rd round pick. And the Saints already gave Green Bay their 1st, so they're down to only a 2nd rounder next year. Not great for their future. If this is Brees last year, they could have just signed Teddy next offseason as there probably won't be much competition for his services with most starting jobs locked up and the Saints being by far the best destination for him anyway. So basically a 3rd round pick for either one year of insurance in case of injury to Brees or they want to get him a year in their system so he can start next year. Either way, too rich for me. Jets got far better than I would have expected for a backup on a 1-year deal.

I don't know why anyone would give a pick for Brett Hundley, but Seahawks seem to love Packers QBs. Hasn't really worked out well for them.

11 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

Whats the beef with Cam? He is a bit of a whiner fooo sure, but he is league average , and his ceiling is usually pretty high.

He is an over-hyped clown who whines.

Also, he wears Huggy Bear's hand-me-downs.

16 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

over-hyped? league average? say what you want about the man but give him credit where is due. have you guys seriously seen his receivers? probably some of the leagues worst. but if there is one area i would knock him is on his fashion sense. some of the things he wears i have no words for. 

Hes alright man. Hes not a great qb, struggles with accuracy issues, but hes a playmaker. Hes had Greg Olsen, Kelvin Benjamin, Steve Smith, and Devin Funchess. Its never like hes had no one dude.

1 minute ago, tsar4 said:

Oh noes - two fumbles on one play vs 40.5 career sacks...must be no good.

If he is that good, what did the Bears give up to get him? I can't imagine it would be a first round pick, and I don't think the Bears have anyone that great.

6 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

If he is that good, what did the Bears give up to get him? I can't imagine it would be a first round pick, and I don't think the Bears have anyone that great.

2 first rounders - but that is ok considering how Pace has done with first round picks in the past.  

BTW - Chicago sports writers were saying the Bears should go after the guy, but wouldn't because they weren't that smart.

Edited by tsar4

Why the gif of James Jones fumbling?

Vikings gave up a first and two thirds I think for Jared Allen. Two firsts for Mack isn't a terrible deal, although the 2019 draft looks loaded at DE/OLB. Better deal for the Raiders IMO as they had some decent players behind Mack and should be okay without him.