UnevenEdge

favorite cover songs

Wow! I'm surprised there haven't been more posts, since last night. Welp, I've got some more.

Nirvana's acoustic cover (insert Toki and Skwisgaar's joke about the "grandpas guitars") of  David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World"

Hole's cover of The Fleetwood Mac's "Gold Dust Woman"

Even though I like Ugly Kid Joe's cover of Harry Chapin's "Cats In The Cradle," the original by Chapin is still much better. This song is the perfect example of a song with storytelling.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

Echo And The Bunnymen's cover of The Doors' "People Are Strange" from The Lost Boys Soundtrack. It's been ~30 years, since I last heard this cover. My mom has the soundtrack on vinyl. LOL!xD

Speaking of The Doors, Stone Temple Pilots' Scott Weiland performed "Break On Through" with them years ago.

At that very moment, Scott sounded just like Jim Morrison. It was like he was channeling him. Watching this performance honestly gave me chills.:o

• Like 1

Spider One from Powerman 5000 is Rob Zombie's younger brother, in case you didn't already know. Every time I hear Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Relax," I start thinking about Powerman 5000's cover from Zoolander and start laughing.

You should YouTube their music video for their cover, if you haven't already seen it.

There's something about listening to Aaron Lewis from Staind, that always had Staind fans bawling their eyes out at their concerts. Can't say he never evoked emotions in covers and in his own songs.

Here's Staind's Aaron Lewis covering Pearl Jam's "Black"

And Aaron Lewis' cover of Alice In Chains' "Nutshell"

• Like 1

Oh, shit! Now, I'm crying! Damn it, Aaron! Now, I've gotta make it through Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston's covers. I can't believe nobody bothered to post these 2 songs by them. Guess, I'll be that poster to do it.

Mariah Carey's cover of Michael Jackson's "I'll Be There"

And Whitney Houston's cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You"

Out of some of the covers of Gerard McMann's "Cry Little Sister" I have heard, Aiden's cover is the most tolerable. If Marilyn Manson's vocals on the cover didn't make me cringe, I would've said he nailed it.

The only thing Manson got right was the children's choir. Otherwise, NO! The original version will always be the best from The Lost Boys Soundtrack.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl