UnevenEdge

Doom thread

NaBarney

Can we just have a downer thread for bad moods, bad feelings and lamenting how bad it really is to be alive on this dying planet in the midst of an unnamed perpetual world war and ongoing mass extinction directly caused by us living our shitty lives

The shittiest fucking hollow apes destroying the world for themselves and almost every other living thing because they absolutely require AC and cheeseburgers and a dozen single use plastic cockwipes every day 

Doing "work" that keeps the system of drive-thru cheesemeals and iPhone slave mines going and you can't even absolve yourself by believing anymore that at least by keeping the system stable for now you're doing your part to help set the stage for some segment of the system eventually saving it from itself, saving you 

People will continue to move en masse to the desiccated and crowded West and survive on bottled Great Lakes water until the caravan of Sysco trucks can no longer move because the record heat and interstate adjacent wildfires have melted their tires to the desert road, but just in time there's newly patented rubber and asphalt techniques which incorporate a synthetic polistirex coating deemed mostly harmless to the endangered grass, shout out to the good folks at the plastic labs, patent office, and the people who pretend to do ecological assessments

Your favorite animal is going to be as extinct as clotheslines are in the suburbs and the fulfillment of the stated global mission of exporting our doom comforts, a fridge and dryer in every home, is actually the worst thing that could possibly happen, although it isn't a real goal, as profitable as that would be for the dairy industry and Big Dryer Sheets - 

Without anyone offering e-hugs or life advice or the suicide hotline or well actuallys or trying to counter with some weird optimism about young people or the power of positive thinking or the Boring Company's advances in terraforming and carbon capture and plastic bottle houses or the power of love or the cold comfort of hedonistic nihilism and binging screen stories about space travel and just having a good time while we're here 

Bad vibes only. Let this be a space for noticing, lamenting, relishing, acknowledging that it's getting very dark outside.

Edited by Nabloom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hate everything about hating everything
But I can't help myself living in this hell
I have no hope
I have no hope for this world
This world is fueled by hatred and self-destruction
Blinded by ignorance and corruption
Hiding behind the lies
I can't believe my eyes
I can't believe
My eyes deceive me
I can't believe
My eyes deceive me
So negative, so cold
You'll wish you didn't hate when you're all alone
Hate is a fire that gives no warmth
The bridges burned will prove their worth
So negative, so cold
You'll wish you didn't hate when you're all alone
I hate everything
I have no hope
I have no hope for this world

Edited by SlappyKincaid
  • Thanks 1

Only the dead will see the end
There is no glory worth the blood it costs
Eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind
Lost minds
Lost lives
Truth is the first casualty
Trust is the harbinger of death
Lives lost for nothing

Lost lives
For nothing

I give up

This world will die because of hate
Why can‘t we stop this ignorance?
Wake up the world
Why can‘t we stop this ignorance?
Why can‘t we stop this ignorance

Death
Death

Only the dead will see the end
There is no glory worth the blood it costs
Eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind
Lost minds
Lost lives

I give up

I feel nothing inside of me
I am I am empty empty
I am I am empty empty

I will be immortal
I've walked that path it's a dark one
The dragons' flames will consume you

Blackened is the sun
You think you are the chosen one
'til death takes everyone and everything
Immorality is darkness

I am I am empty empty

Flames fall from the sky
Alone in this world that you destroyed

Immortal
I've walked that path it's a dark one
The dragons' flames will consume you

I am I am empty
Empty
Flames fall from the sky
Alone in this world that you destroyed

So, what you're saying is this isn't the thread for organizing who responsible for bringing the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. If there's no smores, then what the hell is the point?! I want smores when the world burns.

I'm not getting smores am I :( Then what was the point? Just what the hell was the point of humanity?

We've fucked it all up.

Even for the people who want to change things for the better, it's all too late. It's been too late for a couple hundred years.

The control system is in place, and it will keep you in your place, until you die of cancer caused by exposure to myriad toxins all in the name of greasing the wheels of this great, terrible machine. You won't rise above it. You won't make a difference. None of us will. The people who "make a difference" matter not in the grand scheme of things. The ones who wield the true power will either be long dead before we reap what they sowed for us, or they will become god-men augmented by their cybernetics or genetic reconfiguration that they keep for themselves.

If you're lucky and prove yourself a good little bootlicker, you might get a taste, but just a taste, like a mongrel dog being fed that piece of cold gristle from the table of your master.

Somehow I have this tiny little candle of hope that somehow it will all come crashing down. Some days it's all I have to live for. But then the rational mind tells me this won't happen. Your destiny was determined before you were ever thought of.

Make sure to get out and vote Republican in the midterm so we can accelerate this engine of destruction just a little faster. But really, your vote doesn't matter, does it? Our masters have arranged for the right people to be in the right positions.

It's a bit of a shame that the way things are, it's basically torture having any level of consciousness and if you're naturally messed up by genetics or if anything bad has ever happened to you ever then forget about it. People should be allowed to just not. Everything would work out a lot better if we all didn't. But every day I do and so does everyone else. And given the situation at hand, when you can't it gets worse. It feels kinda mean telling other people they shouldn't, because nobody really wants to, and bringing it up just gonna make them think about it more.

I've been watching a lot of anime lately.

• Like 1

More of "The Browning" because they speak for us all

This will end in violence

You spread your hate around the world
To try and make things worse
You have been blinded by the screens
Humanity has been cursed

Your ignorance will make us burn
To the ground
Violence
Will make us drown

You're lost
You can't see
They let you see what they want you to be
You're lost
Obsessed
With yourself

Your ignorance will make us burn
To the ground
Violence
Will make us drown

You're lost
Obsessed
Your force fed views are meaningless
Your mind is so weak
I can't stand to hear you speak

Spineless

Can you hear the war-cry?

The adrenaline bursts through the riverbanks
Welcome to the skirmish
(I can’t feel my legs)
Give me morphine
Give me morphine
Give me more!

No doubt
This is a tragedy for all
(But it ain't over yet)
Head's up and thank fuck you're still alive!

There’s still air in my lungs
Still blood in my veins
(We’re part of the last garrison)
Still Alive
Still blood in my veins

I wanna lie here and soak up the sun
But do not alight here, you cannot outrun
“This could be the end” he said, “the end my child”
So I made good use of my face and I smiled

Can you hear the war-cry?

The epinephrine plows through the barriers
Welcome to the skirmish
(I can’t feel my arms!)
Give me opium
Give me opium
Give me help!

No doubt
This is a tragedy for all
(But it ain't over yet)

Still blood in my veins
Still Alive
Still blood in my veins

I wanna lie here and soak up the sun
But do not alight here, you cannot outrun
“This could be the end” he said, “the end my child”
So I made good use of my face and I smiled

Let’s toast to the fact we got this far [x2]

The adrenaline bursts through the riverbanks
(Welcome to the skirmish)
The epinephrine plows through the barriers
(Welcome to the skirmish) [x2]

Still blood in my veins
Still Alive
Still blood in my veins
We’re part of the last garrison

Yeah, you're still alive! 

Awake, unfazed
Morning light tells of the dawning day
Just like any other day
Brush off sleep’s touch
Clear midnight's haze
There’s nothing extraordinary here
A flaccid world, unfit, unclear
Desperate for something more
Something more than getting by

Empty faces on the sidewalk
Listless and limping to a lie
Of a bright and pleasant future
Of a blue and cloudless sky
A phantom whisper sounds deceiving
It brings with it the question “why?”
We work until we are unable
Then locked away until we die

But then it happened
Everything changed in but an instant
A violent burst of brilliant colour
Somehow close and somehow distant

From a whisper
To a scream
To a hoarse, distorted laugh
There is no hope of restitution
There is no ever going back

In dreamless sleep
One ponders death
Hold back the fleeting final breath
Knuckle white, slipping grip
Jaw clenched tight, and quivering lip
This cannot happen
This cannot be
Escape a life of anonymity
To be a drop into the sea, a drop into the sea

Whose ripple turns to tidal wave
That sweeps the shores it once forgave
But crashing down upon the shore
The sea is silent evermore

Awake, unfazed
Morning light tells of the dawning day
Just like any day.
Brush off sleep’s touch
Clear midnight's haze
There’s nothing extraordinary here
A flaccid world, unfit, unclear
Desperate for something more
Something more than getting by

There’s got to be something more than this
It sounds so deceiving
Begging the question “why?”
Begging the question “why?”
Why do we work until we are unable?
Why do we work until we die?
Why do we work until we are unable?
Why, why, why do we work, why do we work until we die?

(A drop into the sea
Whose ripple turns to tidal wave,
And sweeps the shores it once forgave)

The Sun, the Moon, the Earth
Conversed and agreed
The people of the world must pay for its atrophy
But crashing down upon the shore
The sea is silenced evermore

Evermore…

But then it happened
Everything changed in but an instance
A violent burst of brilliant color

Somehow close and somehow distance [4x]

The sun, the moon, the Earth
Conversed and agreed
The people of the world must pay for its atrophy

(What unknown face now breaks the silence?)

(What tipping force disturbs the balance?)

(Swift and sober, comes a voice, offering a bitter choice)

• Like 1

5b322b3069e11_Capture_2018-06-26-08-00-34.png.6c8983bf7aa63a291b04bcfd939d5b4d.png

5b329cea36881_Capture_2018-06-26-08-11-20.png.a6a68728c52cefe30caffbf30ce68904.png

5b329fe047656_Capture_2018-06-26-08-23-09.png.43fa5f2b58db4d86d745a4c6ee5ec859.png

5b329cd7cfcb5_Capture_2018-06-26-08-36-20.png.8a7f4ef39781c78174493a19bb739f2a.png

5b329d70b1958_Capture_2018-06-26-08-20-43.png.d6dfece07fa8358f9d4eb25f4682e1e5.png

Plastic being woven into all our meatshells forever. Young scientists squinting at cells under a microscope trying to distinguish between organic material and free-floating plastic, oil dispersants, toothbrush bristles and bits of tin foil 

I GOT I GOT TOILETRIES INSIDE MY DNA 

OIL SLEAZE FROM BOILED SEAS INSIDE MY DNA

Edited by Nabloom

Personally, I relate to the many unnecessary machines currently pumping their foul by-products into the earth, bc I too like to load up on poison til I'm ready to spew a noxious slurry wherever I find myself pointed. We're both doing what comes naturally and we should both be stopped.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some gloomy doom for ya :)

An economy reliant on debt for its growth causes our interest rate to jump to 28 percent when we are late on a credit card payment. It is why our wages are stagnant or have declined in real terms—if we earned a sustainable income we would not have to borrow money to survive. It is why a university education, houses, medical bills and utilities cost so much. The system is designed so we can never free ourselves from debt. 

However, the next financial crash, as Prins points out in her book “Collusion: How Central Bankers Rigged the World,” won’t be like the last one. This is because, as she says, “there is no Plan B.” Interest rates can’t go any lower. There has been no growth in the real economy. The next time, there will be no way out. Once the economy crashes and the rage across the country explodes into a firestorm, the political freaks will appear, ones that will make Trump look sagacious and benign. 

And so, to quote Vladimir Lenin, what must be done? 

We must invest our energy in building parallel, popular institutions to protect ourselves and to pit power against power. These parallel institutions, including unions, community development organizations, local currencies, alternative political parties and food cooperatives, will have to be constructed town by town. The elites in a time of distress will retreat to their gated compounds and leave us to fend for ourselves. Basic services, from garbage collection to public transportation, food distribution and health care, will collapse. Massive unemployment and underemployment, triggering social unrest, will be dealt with not through government job creation but the brutality of militarized police and a complete suspension of civil liberties. Critics of the system, already pushed to the margins, will be silenced and attacked as enemies of the state. The last vestiges of labor unions will be targeted for abolition, a process that will soon be accelerated given the expected ruling in a case before the Supreme Court that will cripple the ability of public sector unions to represent workers. The dollar will stop being the world’s reserve currency, causing a steep devaluation. Banks will close. Global warming will extract heavier and heavier costs, especially on the coastal populations, farming and the infrastructure, costs that the depleted state will be unable to address. The corporate press, like the ruling elites, will go from burlesque to absurdism, its rhetoric so patently fictitious it will, as in all totalitarian states, be unmoored from reality. The media outlets will all sound as fatuous as Trump. And, to quote W.H. Auden, “the little children will die in the streets.” 

As a foreign correspondent I covered collapsed societies, including the former Yugoslavia. It is impossible for any doomed population to grasp how fragile the decayed financial, social and political system is on the eve of implosion. All the harbingers of collapse are visible: crumbling infrastructure; chronic underemployment and unemployment; the indiscriminate use of lethal force by police; political paralysis and stagnation; an economy built on the scaffolding of debt; nihilistic mass shootings in schools, universities, workplaces, malls, concert venues and movie theaters; opioid overdoses that kill some 64,000 people a year; an epidemic of suicides; unsustainable military expansion; gambling as a desperate tool of economic development and government revenue; the capture of power by a tiny, corrupt clique; censorship; the physical diminishing of public institutions ranging from schools and libraries to courts and medical facilities; the incessant bombardment by electronic hallucinations to divert us from the depressing sight that has become America and keep us trapped in illusions. We suffer the usual pathologies of impending death. I would be happy to be wrong. But I have seen this before. I know the warning signs. All I can say is get ready.

• Thanks 1

The AC in my car isn't working and it's Global Warming hot outside. When I drive now I am gently reminded of the intensity of the planet's anguish, though the full account of it is obviously withheld from my biological form -- by the mercy of God or by some science, or by chance, we are still here. Spared. But I'm sweating more and more and over time, death appears more imminent.

Further more, my debts climb, I don't get enough nudes, and I am growing older and more out of touch.

Chaos Reigns.

• 2 months later...