UnevenEdge

If the Adult Swim Message Board was recreated, would you go back?

[ adult swim ] poo'd the bed with the way they neglected the boards over the years and actively chased out anyone on their side who showed any actual favor towards the board community. So, much like their never being able to use 'ASA' as a title for the anime block ever again because of the bitter taste they laced it with, they won't be able to recreate the boards. There's a complete lack of people within the building at this time who would be willing to put their job on the line to bring back the boards and do so with the same levels of attention and care that were there with SwimBuddha rolling as the public face. 

Their best shot at having a message board once more would be to sponsor this place, have zero creative control over anything, have zero say over ad space, and can do their little announcements in the appropriate folder. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

Their best shot at having a message board once more would be to sponsor this place, have zero creative control over anything, have zero say over ad space, and can do their little announcements in the appropriate folder. 

I could live with that.

11 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

[ adult swim ] poo'd the bed with the way they neglected the boards over the years and actively chased out anyone on their side who showed any actual favor towards the board community. So, much like their never being able to use 'ASA' as a title for the anime block ever again because of the bitter taste they laced it with, they won't be able to recreate the boards. There's a complete lack of people within the building at this time who would be willing to put their job on the line to bring back the boards and do so with the same levels of attention and care that were there with SwimBuddha rolling as the public face. 

That's way too long to read.

• 2 weeks later...

The ASMB definitely isn't coming back, but if it did, I would happily rejoin. I was able to carve out a niche for myself alongside two or three other users to create a positive posting environment. It also helps that I'm not one to care about my post count, so it wouldn't be a big deal to start fresh.