UnevenEdge

What's your most anticipated games from E3 2018?

Chapinator_X

So far, the progress made on Kingdom Hearts 3 has been the most exciting, but it's definitely been drip-fed to us after several E3's so at this point I'm just waiting for them to come out. Resident Evil 2's remake is also very impressive, and it's sick how they actually showed gameplay with how freaky the zombies looked with current gen graphics instead of just teased it like SOME upcoming remakes.

I didn't expect to be as pumped up for Smash Bros. but hearing about Ridley & Daisy as well as the return of Snake, Ice Climbers, and some of the missing folks from other installments is very cool news.

As far as new IP's go, Ghost of Tsushima looks really promising as does Cyberpunk 2077. Death Stranding's gameplay and strange story look like they'll be awesome to play once Kojima decides to give us more information on it.

It's a licensed game, but the new Spider-Man also looks like a lot of fun, and is looking closer to recapturing the magic I got from the Spiderman 2 movie game. I'm one of the few people who hasn't played the first TLOU, but the trailer here for the sequel was very well done with Ellie darting around killing folks. Reminds me of the impact from the first trailer where Joel shotguns the one dude he has a full-on brawl with.

There's also some nice imports like Yakuza Kiwami 2, Catherine Full Body, and P5 Dancing, but they've already had their own reveals a while ago so for the most part, it's just good to know they're coming here soon. Looks like Full Body has a nice expansion to it with Rin, but I'm looking forward to going the Katherine route again. The edgy look on Dead or Alive 6 looks like it'll bring something neat to the table as well.

There might be a couple more reveals as the event winds down, but those stood out the most in my eyes. Which ones are you pumped up for?

kind of a weak e3 this year.

not bad but just not very exciting for me. 

cyberpunk 2077 is my most anticipated game from this years e3 and nothing else comes close.

smash 5 was good but just didnt have the same excitement, maybe cuz they had already announced it earlier? i will be getting it regardless.

also liked doom and metro sequels and re2 remake. 

i want to see metroid prime 4!

I watched the ssb reveal after work, the series has gotten so big they've basically admitted it's too full to program new characters so they looked back at their old content. But really it's what fans want anyways, so it was a good decision.

Still on the fence about getting a switch though.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Super Mario Party
Metal Wolf Chaos

They made a showing at e3 but knew about well before: Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest XI.

I wish they actually showed a boss fight for Spider-Man, I'm in if the game isn't a QTE-fest.

Ghost of Tsushima looks promising but as I've never really been a fan of Sucker Punch's other games so I'm skeptic of it. 

The only trailers I'm really kind of interested in is Halo Infinite.

I'm a fanboy, what can I say.

Beyond that, Soul Calibur 6 looks boobs, I mean neat....     Nah, who am I kidding, it's all about Ivy....

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Ginguy

7 hours ago, Ginguy said:

The only trailers I'm really kind of interested in is Halo Infinite.

I'm a fanboy, what can I say. 

It's 343 though so they could easily fuck it up. Really hope they don't. It's not like I want to hate my favorite franchise. The new art direction is much appreciated though. 

On 6/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

kind of a weak e3 this year.

not bad but just not very exciting for me. 

cyberpunk 2077 is my most anticipated game from this years e3 and nothing else comes close.

smash 5 was good but just didnt have the same excitement, maybe cuz they had already announced it earlier? i will be getting it regardless.

also liked doom and metro sequels and re2 remake. 

i want to see metroid prime 4!

Fuck dude, Cyberpunk 2077 was at E3 this year?? Now I'm even more pissed I didn't go omg legitimately mad

I need to go hit something

If only I didn't find out the dates too late ;___; AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFDSSFFDFASDSA

9 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

It's 343 though so they could easily fuck it up. Really hope they don't. It's not like I want to hate my favorite franchise. The new art direction is much appreciated though. 

I thought most of Bungie went over to 343.

As long as they don't fuck up the story. Just randomly shooting stuff (Doom, Gears of War) is okay the first time, but a good story is key for me. The first three in the franchise were great in terms of story. After that, kind of eh, the whole Cortana heel turn thing is pretty weak IMO, but maybe it can be salvaged.

The trailer is really just a promo for the Slipstream Engine though.....

6 hours ago, bigdick said:

Fuck dude, Cyberpunk 2077 was at E3 this year?? Now I'm even more pissed I didn't go omg legitimately mad

I need to go hit something

If only I didn't find out the dates too late ;___; AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFDSSFFDFASDSA

you had the chance to go and you didnt go?

whats wrong with you!

but yeah cyberpunk got revealed and apparently some people have seen a demo. so far they say it looks good. 

4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I thought most of Bungie went over to 343.

As long as they don't fuck up the story. Just randomly shooting stuff (Doom, Gears of War) is okay the first time, but a good story is key for me. The first three in the franchise were great in terms of story. After that, kind of eh, the whole Cortana heel turn thing is pretty weak IMO, but maybe it can be salvaged.

The trailer is really just a promo for the Slipstream Engine though.....

There are some Halo vets among the 343 staff but there's more new people than old. Frank O'Connor even went on record to say he intentionally hired people that either didn't like Halo or were unfamiliar with it. Even So, a good bit of the Halo team has left bungie for other things. 

19 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

There are some Halo vets among the 343 staff but there's more new people than old. Frank O'Connor even went on record to say he intentionally hired people that either didn't like Halo or were unfamiliar with it. Even So, a good bit of the Halo team has left bungie for other things. 

That's a shame to hear. If it isn't broke, don't fix it, particularly when it comes to a known smash hit title/franchise like Halo.

Just now, Ginguy said:

That's a shame to hear. If it isn't broke, don't fix it, particularly when it comes to a known smash hit title/franchise like Halo.

They have come across as incredibly arrogant over the years. I'll play the new Halo but I wonder if we'll ever see another good one. 

2 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

They have come across as incredibly arrogant over the years. I'll play the new Halo but I wonder if we'll ever see another good one. 

Well, success can lead to pride, and that is never a good thing. The chemistry though that was obviously present in the first and second games is perhaps a bit too high a bar to match. I just hate to see a really good story slowly descend into mediocrity. Just about any major producer these days can create a visually great game, for me it comes down to story and that intangible ability to draw in and immerse the player.

That's kind of why I like older games, they didn't have fancy graphics so they had to be good in terms of story. I was going to shell out the cash for an XB1, but I'd rather get the NES Classic and SNES. The games are just more fun.

Soul Calibur 6 though....

I'm a fan of that franchise, but it has gotten lame in terms of the story the last few versions.

2 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

you had the chance to go and you didnt go?

whats wrong with you!

but yeah cyberpunk got revealed and apparently some people have seen a demo. so far they say it looks good. 

Yeah but it would have required a flight, aka talking to work about getting those days off - which I found out about too late to discuss ;__; I'm honestly so upset you have no idea. Would definitely like a time machine right about now :*(

18 hours ago, bigdick said:

Yeah but it would have required a flight, aka talking to work about getting those days off - which I found out about too late to discuss ;__; I'm honestly so upset you have no idea. Would definitely like a time machine right about now :*(

like the football coach used to say, theres always next year, which i think would be a much better one to go to since i'm pretty sure we will probably get next gen console reveals from MS and sony and a switch revision as well. 

i wanted to go to this years as well but my stupid work schedule also got in the way. i been doing nothing these last two weeks! though i think we need to fill out forms to get e3 passes. 

I’m excited for Kingdom Hearts 3. I’m ALL ABOUT that shit. I ALREADY have my preorder paid off. My legs, arms, tongue, hair, pubic hair, and EVERYTHING is wrapped around this game. Period. 

I’m also excited to see the Resident Evil 2 remake. It’s everything I’ve been looking for in that game and a modern remake with current technology makes sense. This was also the game that really put this franchise on the map in terms of horror and narrative gameplay in the USA. 

I’m  also excited to see Super Smash Ultimate. The face they are being back all of the fighters in the entire game that have ever been in makes me happy. I’m a Roy/Ike/Captain Falcon main, and seeing  old favorites back is a breath of fresh air. I bad-mouthed the Nintendo Switch, and Nintendo made me eat my words, because now, I HAVE to buy one in order to play Smash. I just hope it can play at 60 FPS, otherwise, that “console” is useless to me.