UnevenEdge

Did you know you can technically log into adult swim?

If you go to their streaming stuff, there is a chat. I noticed a few people posting there and I clicked on someone's name. They had a bare bones profile. There was a login option so I thought...why not try logging in. I typed in my username and my old password. Surprisingly it worked. Wasn't expecting the password to still hold but it did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DBZ4ever said:

If you go to their streaming stuff, there is a chat. I noticed a few people posting there and I clicked on someone's name. They had a bare bones profile. There was a login option so I thought...why not try logging in. I typed in my username and my old password. Surprisingly it worked. Wasn't expecting the password to still hold but it did.

post count did not roll over

I must now start a one month campaign where I complain about this daily

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

Also maybe we should all stage a pirate raid during one of their toonami streams and kidnap some users. That'll be our new growth strategy.

New Blood to abuse!  Great Strategy!

Removed my real name & added "ASMB refugee" & the address here.

Edited by tsar4

5 hours ago, crackymckrackin said:

They never shut down the login. It was always separate from the boards. That way they people were able to log in to the boards and the site at the same time. 

20180609_062839.png

wait you were Persy?

• Misaka pinned this topic
10 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

holy shit it does work but why do i have a post count of 17

@Naraku4656

Post Count
Posts Per Day
Last Seen
a year ago

Were you one of those people who got to use the test board before the nodebb switch? Maybe that's that post count 

when ever one of the folders is marked toonami or anime, here, [as], or really anywhere,

i leave that folder untouched for the fans that want to talk about the shows.

i think i knew they had a streaming chat, and i always knew you could sign in to play games.

but i guess imma message boards-only kinda guy

Edited by mumbo13

Wasn't this a thing like, waaaaayyyy back when you could log into [as] for the games? I seem to remember some folks had accounts for that and never even touched the boards. I think that was also when there were some complaining about their registration date being wrong, because they made an account but never actually hit the boards for it to connect and set up the board account.

36 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Wasn't this a thing like, waaaaayyyy back when you could log into [as] for the games? I seem to remember some folks had accounts for that and never even touched the boards. I think that was also when there were some complaining about their registration date being wrong, because they made an account but never actually hit the boards for it to connect and set up the board account.

I just played games for years before I ever touched the boards....I'm pretty sure I had a login because my record on Carl's strip poker was always saved.

speaking of which, that reminds me - I found this scholarly article about [as] games from 2014 and it cites to buddy's ASMB posts.

Parody as brand

The case of [adult swim]’s paracasual advergames

David Gurney, Matthew Thomas Payne

First Published September 5, 2014 

Abstract

Advergames – a neologism for video games designed to advertise a product or service – are marketing devices employed to impact consumers’ purchasing decisions and, more frequently, shape their impressions of a promoted brand. The online advergames of the programming block-turned media brand [adult swim] (AS) present a clear case in which the games act as rich signifiers of brand aesthetics even if they are not directly connected to the content of the brand’s television shows, live events, and other assorted merchandise. Although these ‘casual’-style titles have gameplay mechanics that are accessible to broad audiences, these advergames often exhibit a critical stance toward other games, which differentiates them from the vast majority of casual games on the market. But rather than being anti-casual, we argue that these games are best understood as being paracasual because they use parody to both trouble prevailing definitions of casual games and advergames, and deploy an aesthetic disposition that further helps define the brand. Furthermore, they are an increasingly visible and vital component of a constellation of texts and practices that function as what James Paul Gee calls an ‘affinity space’ for a lucrative audience demographic. This article assesses how AS games use parody to deconstruct textually video gaming’s most popular genres and how such parodic deconstruction, as evidenced by players’ online discussions, serves as an affinity space for a media-savvy taste culture.

I don't know if y'all know who wrote it if they were from the boards, but they cited posts from Buddyroe360 Explosivo_420 gurlmojo noobull NoThiNGFaC3 and Sid6point7 

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1354856514546097

edit: the article itself is behind a paywall though

Edited by Adminderaptorpat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

speaking of which, that reminds me - I found this scholarly article about [as] games from 2014 and it cites to buddy's ASMB posts.

I don't know if y'all know who wrote it if they were from the boards, but they cited posts from Buddyroe360 Explosivo_420 gurlmojo noobull NoThiNGFaC3 and Sid6point7 

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1354856514546097

edit: the article itself is behind a paywall though

Ha, that's cool.

Oh wow, I remember Victorian BMX Death on wheels.....It had a glaring glitch I found where you could balance wheelies for ridiculous scores before even starting the stage.....I was #1 on that for a long ass time before they fixed the glitch and reset the scoreboard, lol.

EDIT..In fact, my post in that thread was likely about exactly that.

Edited by Derrick Foreal