UnevenEdge

Anyone Like The Yakuza Series??

MegaNaraku

I’ve played every Yakuza game since the PS2 except for Yakuza 2 (never got around to buying it back when they sold PS2 games everywhere).

Love the series and how it’s come so far from a GTA-friendly English dub where everyone and Mark Hamil curses up a storm, to having content delayed and removed because Sega’s American branch was out of touch, to eventually being celebrated for all of its fun and quirkiness now that it hit its stride in the West.

I want to get Song of Life soon cause it looks amazing, but I still have 5 and 0 to wrap up so it might take some time before I can justify getting it. I’m kicking myself for not downloading the early demo with access to the full game. 

Love the series.

I started with Yakuza 1 on PS2 back in 2005 but stopped playing the franchise up until 0 came out, so I'm far behind on the series but hard for it nonetheless. Currently trying to defeat Mahjong in 0 for the 100% before I get Yakuza 6.

I'm also most excited for Kiwami 2, as I've heard they have a firmer grasp on the Dragon Engine in that one - plus I've read that Yakuza 2 is one of, if not the, best entries in the series.

I'd kinda like to but I'm seven games behind now(don't think Dead Souls counts does it) and not sure I'll really get into it because of that. I might still check out 0 though and see if that hooks me.

Edited by Ric

4 hours ago, Ric said:

I'd kinda like to but I'm seven games behind now(don't think Dead Souls counts does it) and not sure I'll really get into it because of that. I might still check out 0 though and see if that hooks me.

0's a great place to start because...prequel.  After that is Kiwami which costs less than a full price game and acts as a direct sequel (AKA Yakuza 1).

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so without spoiling anything plot related, the minigames in Yakuza 6 include:

Virtua Fighter 5 (yeah, the actual Virtua Fighter 5)

Puyo Puyo

Classic Sega arcade games like Space Harrier and OutRun

Karaoke

Mini-gang warfare battles

An entire subplot and conversation simulator that's more or less a season of Cheers.

Baseball team management and batting

And the actual story.

God I love these games.

• 3 months later...

For those of you still following the series, Kiwami 2, the super remake of 2, hits this week with a version of the engine in 6, and even more content than that game.

Also it has a full working version of Virtual On which is awesome.

Edited by Jman