UnevenEdge

Sega Genesis Saturday

Kudasai

I had most of the more popular consoles growing up. Maybe not all at once, but at least for awhile while they were each relevant. Parents were divorced so dad liked to win me over with material things, including games. 

Never did have a preference for any brand, though. 

But with that being said, my name on here is a Sega Genesis game. 

24 minutes ago, Phillies said:

You can't hate on the 64. It had a couple big hits. 

Yes I can.  I've hated it since the year it came out and I'll hate it until I die.

Like I said, I quit playing console games because of that thing and I loved playing the NES and SNES when I was a kid and teenager.

If its controls had been like the NES and SNES, I would have loved it, but it wasn't.  It was much worse and too hard to use.  For me at least.

47 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Yes I can.  I've hated it since the year it came out and I'll hate it until I die.

Like I said, I quit playing console games because of that thing and I loved playing the NES and SNES when I was a kid and teenager.

If its controls had been like the NES and SNES, I would have loved it, but it wasn't.  It was much worse and too hard to use.  For me at least.

NO

I DON'T ACCEPT THIS AS ANSWER

IT HAD A FEW GREAT GAMES

1 hour ago, blueraven1999 said:

Out of curiosity, what was the cause?

Was it the odd controller design? Was it the added difficulty of having to control something in a 3D space? What games did you play that gave you a hard time?

16 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

Was it the odd controller design? Was it the added difficulty of having to control something in a 3D space? What games did you play that gave you a hard time?

I think the classic controllers worked better as dildos.

Of course lubing up the 64 controller is also an option. 

5 hours ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

The controllers were too hard for me to use.  I never had the system but I tried it out at a Target playing Super Mario 64 and

I couldn't get past the first area in that stupid Mario game.  The controllers were too hard for me to use and I kept running into the wall.

I've never been good at games but at least I could get to World 7 or 8 in the other Mario games.

Yeah I never liked 3D but for me it was unplayable so after 15 minutes I rage quit and stopped playing new console games forever.

I didn't get back into gaming at all until 2011 when I found out that the DS controls were the same as Nintendo and Super Nintendo.

38 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

The controllers were too hard for me to use.  I never had the system but I tried it out at a Target playing Super Mario 64 and

I couldn't get past the first area in that stupid Mario game.  The controllers were too hard for me to use and I kept running into the wall.

I've never been good at games but at least I could get to World 7 or 8 in the other Mario games.

Yeah I never liked 3D but for me it was unplayable so after 15 minutes I rage quit and stopped playing new console games forever.

I didn't get back into gaming at all until 2011 when I found out that the DS controls were the same as Nintendo and Super Nintendo.

my gf had a similar problem

she grew up on SNES but the jump from side scrollers to 3D/D-pad to control stick didn't click with her either. even now, she got the new 3D mario and new sidescrolling mario that came out at roughly the same time on the wii u and played the 3D one once until she got angry and never went back to it, but played the heck out of the sidescrollers. she'll play 3D games like mario kart or animal crossing where perspective is fixed and not really an issue, but 3D platforming is kind of out of the question.

she did spend a lot of time playing zelda: breath of the wild, but she also admitted the very first time she booted it up she immediately walked off a cliff and died.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

oh wow the n64 ruined 3d gaming for you?

did you hold the controller right? the controller is really bad if you hold it wrong. no, it will never control as tight as any good 2d game will but for 3d games i still think sm64 has to be one of the best controlling games i've ever felt. and a large part of that has to do with the controller. the ds remake felt like a step back to me because the controls werent as tight. 

i also remember going to a montgomery ward way back in the day and trying the system for the first time ever. the game had a much more different impression on me. it pretty much convinced me to ask mom and dad for the n64 over both the ps1 and saturn.