UnevenEdge

God really does exist

Rumb0

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Rumb0 said:

Metalocalypse was most likely put on hold/canned because of Rick and Morty. Consider this payback to Dan Harmon for shitting up the lineup.

No, part of the Metalocalypse deal was [as] wanted 100% control over everything to do with Metalocalypse in perpetuity and Small wasn't about to do that because let's face it, he does the bulk of what makes that show period including all the music. So [as] cut all their funding for it and Small washed his hands. There's likely a final season bible of it somewhere but it won't see the light of day until whatever contract is attached runs out completely. 

On 3/27/2018 at 7:16 PM, Rumb0 said:

Pretty weird that Adult Swim would want creative control over the series. It goes against their values and mission statement as a programming block. 

DeMarco had an AMA where he flat out said he disliked Metalocaypse’s turn towards drama and an ongoing story.

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Rumb0 said:

Pretty weird that Adult Swim would want creative control over the series. It goes against their values and mission statement as a programming block. 

Not sure if serious or sarcastic. Didn't feel like looking up the Fry meme. :D

They did the same thing with Moral Orel. It was only finished because Dino capitulated and re-wrote episodes and shortened the series completely to meet the control standards that Lazzo tossed at him at the time because Lazzo didn't like the direction of things. And now you can't even get those final episodes. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

"Beforel Orel" did happen though...

It was a stand-alone and I think it was fairly fleshed out before everything died. There's also the possibility that it was already worked into the budget anyway so money was already spent on it, might as well aire it. 

If I was in Dan Harmon's position, I probably would've left the show out of shame due to the whole Szechuan sauce thing. How can you come back from a scandal that led to literal riots at various McDonalds locations, all over a tiny packet of bitter-tasting slop?

On 3/29/2018 at 10:06 AM, Jman said:

DeMarco had an AMA where he flat out said he disliked Metalocaypse’s turn towards drama and an ongoing story.

And here I thought he couldn't be any more of a [REDACTED]. xD

Edited by PokeNirvash
You could've just deleted the one word instead of the whole comment, y'know. :P

11 hours ago, Blatch said:

If I was in Dan Harmon's position, I probably would've left the show out of shame due to the whole Szechuan sauce thing. How can you come back from a scandal that led to literal riots at various McDonalds locations, all over a tiny packet of bitter-tasting slop?

giphy.gif

• Like 1