UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

On 3/16/2018 at 12:10 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

im just having a lot of fun with the console at this time. power is really weak but a dev that puts in the work can make it work and doom is a good example. yes there are lots of compromises being made but the game looks fine when docked and for portable the drop in resolution isnt that bad.  its been slow going for me since im playing in hard mode or whatever its called. 

I'm glad you're having fun with it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play one soon. xD

On 3/16/2018 at 4:13 AM, blueraven1999 said:

I've been going back and forth between playing Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Ultra Sun, my third copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf,

and Tomodachi Life since January.  I'm up to 8 married couples in Tomodachi Life which is good.  Lately I've been mostly playing Pokemon Ultra Sun.

I think I'm getting close to reaching the last island.  Currently caught 105 pokemon.

I've never played Tomadachi Life, or Pokemon Rumble Blast. I hope you're having fun with them, Also I miss Animal Crossing those games are so relaxing and wonderful.

I really want to pick up Ultra Moon, or Ultra Sun at some point, it's been a while since I've played a Pokemon game.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:11 PM, BUU8800 said:

Picked up Etrian Odyssey V around 10 days ago. Already nearing 40 hours played, very good. I'm something of an EO enthusiast as I also own Untold 2 and just bought copies of IV and Persona Q off ebay. 

I don't think I've heard of Etrian Odyssey before. O.o 

Also I have no idea what EO is, but I hope you're having a wonderful time with it. =3

I keep hearing wonderful things about Persona, I just know everyone that plays them loves them. I hope you enjoy that too. 

It's a dungeon crawler, map making RPG. I find the map making surpringly addicting, maybe due to my self-diagnosed OCD. xD I finished the EO V main storyline and put the post-game stuff on hold to start Persona Q. It's a spinoff using the casts of Persona 3 and Persona 4 which also uses the EO dungeon crawler game engine, and actually the whole Persona and Persona fusion mechanic it has is making me like it less than the Etrian Odyssey series. I find trying to keep track of them an unnecessary hassle. Still not a bad game though. It's also far more talky than your average EO series entry, which makes sense being based off of pre-existing material, but being unfamiliar with the mainline Persona games does kinda hurt my enthusiasm/appreciation for all the cut scenes. Though if nothing else I now plan to eventually check out the Persona 4 anime someday. xD 

Edited by BUU8800

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kudasai said:

I modded mine last week. I've been logging in a lot of hours on the mini

Same here. Thinking about playing Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger soon.

Bro came over last weekend and we played Turtles in Time, Kirby's Dream Course, and The Flintstones: The Treasure of Sierra Madrock(first time for both of us, it was just OK but still kinda fun).

Edited by Ric

Final Fight 3 and Clay Fighter. Also Tokyo Xanadu on PS4 which I think I'll drop for now and stick to SNES and/or PS2.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:15 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Bought a Nintendo Switch a couple weeks ago and I've been playing Mario Kart 8 on and off ever since then.

Still playing Pokemon Ultra Sun and working on the Pokedex.  Also playing Kirby Robobot.

Didn't you say you detest playing 3D games in another thread?

On 5/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, Kudasai said:

Super Turrican. This game is fucking awesome:D

I recall liking one of the Turrican games that was on Genesis a long time back. Got that on the SNES classic to check out.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Final Fight 3 and Clay Fighter. Also Tokyo Xanadu on PS4 which I think I'll drop for now and stick to SNES and/or PS2.

Didn't you say you detest playing 3D games in another thread?

I recall liking one of the Turrican games that was on Genesis a long time back. Got that on the SNES classic to check out.

Yeah but I mostly meant Mario 3D games.  I don't like 3D versions of anything I grew up with and Mario Bros. was my favorite when I was a kid.

I stopped playing new video games in 1996 when I was a teenager and Pokemon came out during the time I stopped gaming after 1996.

I'm okay with 3D pokemon because that's pretty much all I've played.  Didn't start playing pokemon until a couple months before Pokemon X and Y came out

so I didn't have much to compare it to.  Only Pokemon Pearl which I hated and Pokemon Black Version 2 which I liked.

I never liked Kirby Dreamland very much when I was in middle school so the new 3D versions don't bother me.  Plus I don't use the 3D function on my 3DS.

I'm okay with the 3D version of Mario Kart but I don't think it looks as good as Mario Kart DS.  Mario Kart 7 and 8 are both great games.

Edited by blueraven1999

7 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Yeah but I mostly meant Mario 3D games.  I don't like 3D versions of anything I grew up with and Mario Bros. was my favorite when I was a kid.

I stopped playing new video games in 1996 when I was a teenager and Pokemon came out during the time I stopped gaming after 1996.

I'm okay with 3D pokemon because that's pretty much all I've played.  Didn't start playing pokemon until a couple months before Pokemon X and Y came out

so I didn't have much to compare it to.  Only Pokemon Pearl which I hated and Pokemon Black Version 2 which I liked.

I never liked Kirby Dreamland very much when I was in middle school so the new 3D versions don't bother me.  Plus I don't use the 3D function on my 3DS.

I'm okay with the 3D version of Mario Kart but I don't think it looks as good as Mario Kart DS.  Mario Kart 7 and 8 are both great games.

Ah, gotcha. 

I liked that mission mode or whatever it was called in Mario Kart DS, wish more of the games would have something like that.

20 hours ago, Meilag32 said:

Replaying Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I'm not saying it doesn't has it's problems, but it didn't deserve the massive memeing it got in the first couple weeks of it's release.

I bought it Thursday because Xbox was selling it for $9 and it hasn't been nearly as bad as the internet played it up to be

I've had it 3 days and I've already invested about 15 hours into it

13 hours ago, molarbear said:

I bought it Thursday because Xbox was selling it for $9 and it hasn't been nearly as bad as the internet played it up to be

I've had it 3 days and I've already invested about 15 hours into it

I thought it was just ok. I just have this feeling of dread grinding through the side missions and the vaults to the point its not even fun anymore. I play ME for the story and I kinda feel cheated with how short the actual story is and then even more so with how many questions it leaves you with.

9 hours ago, Vamped said:

I thought it was just ok. I just have this feeling of dread grinding through the side missions and the vaults to the point its not even fun anymore. I play ME for the story and I kinda feel cheated with how short the actual story is and then even more so with how many questions it leaves you with.

I kind of enjoy the grind honestly.

Some of the side quests are starting to get boring... like earlier I chased some contaminated lady's space ship to like 8 different places before she finally landed.

Also if I'm being completely honest I haven't event tried to solve a single glyph puzzle, I've just looked up the answers online.

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

I kind of enjoy the grind honestly.

Some of the side quests are starting to get boring... like earlier I chased some contaminated lady's space ship to like 8 different places before she finally landed.

Also if I'm being completely honest I haven't event tried to solve a single glyph puzzle, I've just looked up the answers online.

Yeah ... I didnt solve those either 

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

I just started Playing The Witcher 3 ....

>.>

maybe I should have played the previous ones ... I dunno 

I started with the 2nd one and it didn't really help with the 3rd.

I think we're kinda out of the loop because it's loosely based on an old Polish tv show (that I believe was based on a book/s?)

It's still a good game though and eventually it all kind of makes sense

1 minute ago, molarbear said:

I started with the 2nd one and it didn't really help with the 3rd.

I think we're kinda out of the loop because it's loosely based on an old Polish tv show (that I believe was based on a book/s?)

It's still a good game though and eventually it all kind of makes sense

I think I may have downloaded it, thinking it was something else. Then I read the reviews and they were all really good,  so I was like ... okay lets try it 

>.>

But now I have no clue what game I was actually trying to find? 

Does the 2nd one start with sex? 

9 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I think I may have downloaded it, thinking it was something else. Then I read the reviews and they were all really good,  so I was like ... okay lets try it 

>.>

But now I have no clue what game I was actually trying to find? 

Does the 2nd one start with sex? 

The combat can be kind of hard at times like at one point I fought some giant bird thing that destroyed the absolute shit out of me

I dunno?

It kind of starts off that way

Triss and Geralt get interrupted right as it looks promising

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first complete run through of Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS. I had actually played the Wii version several years ago but never finished it, topping out at reaching Riki in the jungle area. But this time was a full main story run, with some of the side quests though not nearly 100%. It was really fun. My end trio ended up being Shulk, Fiora, and Dunban at levels 81, 81, and 80 respectively, though there were large chunks of the game where I used everyone at least once. After I gained access to Fiora that was the trio I decided on from then on for pretty much the rest of the game, but before then I tended to use Riki and Melia with Shulk, and before they joined the party of course Reyn and Sharla. My game time before saving for the New Game topped out at 66 hours, 59 minutes exactly....which triggered my OCD. xD  I probably won't be playing it again for a good long while, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope to one day be able to try out 2 for the Switch, though for now am probably gonna try out a sequel to another 3DS RPG next: Bravely Second.

Edited by BUU8800

This is the worst subject for me, I am stuck on Wow, Waiting for BFA to come out.

I have tried and got tired of so many other games. For me, I love MMO's, but if I start again it feels like I am so far behind everyone else it bothers me.

Currently : Wow Battle for Azeroth. ( legion, but it is so close might as well say it )

• panic pinned this topic