UnevenEdge
BloodHawk1991

What are you playing?

Persona 5 Royal.  Started with the free vanilla version but was compelled to upgrade due to a sale.

Just started getting into Tales of games. I played Xillia years ago, but I got Vesparia and Zestiria on sale recently.

Vesparia is definitely the better of the two with how the combat and story work well, and how Yuri has some fun banter with the other characters.

I can tell Zestiria will eventually sour on me, but so far, I’m having a good time with it. It’s sloppy in its combat system and narrative, but I enjoy Sorey and Mikleo’s chemistry a lot. Maybe they’ll be able to salvage it. 

SMT V is coming in the mail soon, but I’m almost done with Tales of Zestiria. How have I never learned about this game until now?

It’s jank as hell in a kusoge sorta way, but I love the characters and the juxtaposition between the fantasy setting and the campy, irreverent tone. It being the first game I’ve played where your main dude has a twink bf by default is also a bonus. 

image.jpeg.a4bd77335c870d3dc49572614c039322.jpeg

I need to get into more of these Tales games. I’ll probably alternate between Vesparia and SMT V for the next month or so. 

I have a couple backlog games like AI and The Witcher 3, but I’ll likely have to chip away at those once I get the motivation. 

wife finally talked me into joining her in playing dead by daylight. actually kinda fun once you no longer completely suck-ass at it. 

Steamworld Dig 2 was free on Steam last weekend so I started playing that.

Still in the beginning, but the production value feels way higher than the first.

SMT V and the Demon Slayer PS5 game have been taking up a lot of my time lately. 

I might pop back into Valkyrie Chronicles 1 or 4 since I’m burnt out on the two Tales games I’ve been playing. 

I got Jump Force during Black Friday and so far, I don’t hate it. It plays better than Eyes of Heaven and has a decent roster. It’s definitely a sloppy kusoge, but it scratches a weird itch. 

I finally beat Final Fantasy IX last week. Got back to fucking around on Slay the Spire. 

Also started up Ganbare Goemon: Kirakira Dōchū: Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Wake with my bro last night, will probably finish it up over the next couple weeks since he'll be over a few times.

Been playing YGOPro recently. I really do like the game, but hate modern day ygo where every single thing you do gets cancelled out immediately, and every turn people summon out like 15 different monsters.

Just finished SMT V. The story could’ve been a little more developed, but I loved the combat and still enjoyed what they gave us for the story.

It was a refreshing experience because video games have become so focused on telling stories that the gameplay tends to be the worst part of the experience.

It’s been a while since I approached an RPG and loved the combat enough that I’m not only happy with grinding, but wouldn’t mind hopping into New Game + to see what I can clear out. 

It was sobering to absolutely love the gameplay and have my only demerit against the game being that I’d like to learn more about the characters.

All of this sounds like dick riding, but I really needed this game after going through a number of games that I’d rather watch than play. 

As far as what’s after this, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Neo: TWEWY are next up.

Maybe I’ll try to squeeze in a fighting game story mode or finish games in my backlog like Famicom Detective Club or Fire Emblem. 

12 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

As far as what’s after this, Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Neo: TWEWY are next up.

Maybe I’ll try to squeeze in a fighting game story mode or finish games in my backlog like Famicom Detective Club or Fire Emblem. 

I really liked that one

I've recently been sucked back into the Binding of Issac... so much so that I spent $35 on the last 2 DLC's

• Like 1

Recently picked up Beat Saber and Final Fantasy XIV. And... holy moley have I been missing out on not playing XIV sooner. Ten years after its release I honestly expected it to die off like XI -- only, XI is *still supported and updated*. Also Yoshi P is a superstar.

I suppose Beat Saber is nice too.

Just impulse-bought Bloodborne to make up for the Elden Ring fomo and because it’s only $9 at the moment.

Haven't gotten past the character creator, but that’s because I’m hashing over whether to play as Gendo Ikari or Vladislav from What We Do in the Shadows. 

Elden Ring on Steam Deck.  I'm terrified by all the productive things that won't happen in my life, now.

Square Tactics. I mean, Triangle Strategy.

It's like Final Fantasy Tactics if you took away all of the jobs and grinding. I think I like that better, honestly. But the plot does not live up to FFT. Like that even had to be said, though amirite?

Wayy too many right now

Embr- The special item missions are killing me

Infernax- Amazballs

Madden '22- I needed a sports game to hold me over until The Show comes out.. Not sure what I'm doing, I thought I was in a career type mode but aside from my stats it just keeps groundhog day'ing the season

Binding of Isaac- There's soooooooo much