UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 10:59 AM, Ric said:

I'm going to try to beat Rondo of Blood around Halloween since that Requiem collection comes out the 26th. I don't have much confidence though, bet I quit midway. :spookyskull:

I just beat Castlevania: Dracula X, The game was tough as hell but a fun playthrough but I must say I think that people over exaggerated the final boss battle. The fight with Dracula wasn't that difficult.

I picked up DKC: Tropical Freeze for Switch. Reviews sounded promising, as if the game had managed to capture some of the magic of the original DKC trilogy.

It does not. The level designers need to be beaten with a sack of bananas. The game is terrible at introducing new things (enemies, mechanics, etc) in a manner that the player can comfortably learn them before moving on to harder applications. Moments of frustration far exceeded moments of enjoyable gameplay.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, Kudasai said:

I just beat Castlevania: Dracula X, The game was tough as hell but a fun playthrough but I must say I think that people over exaggerated the final boss battle. The fight with Dracula wasn't that difficult.

I beat it last night. I thought the final boss was pretty hard, but not insane or anything.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I beat it last night. I thought the final boss was pretty hard, but not insane or anything.

I thought the strategy for beating was fairly simple. Let Dracula come to you then attack instead of hopping from platform to platform. But one thing I want to point out in Dracula X that I really like is the sound of the whip. I just love the way Ricther's whip sounds like when it strikes an enemy. To me it's satisfying and what a cracking whip should sound like. 

Just now, Kudasai said:

I thought the strategy for beating was fairly simple. Let Dracula come to you then attack instead of hopping from platform to platform. But one thing I want to point out in Dracula X that I really like is the sound of the whip. I just love the way Ricther's whip sounds like when it strikes an enemy. To me it's satisfying and what a cracking whip should sound like. 

I found the axe pretty useful in that fight. Barely used it the rest of the game before that.

Yeah, the sound design was pretty good in general.

Kirby's Dream Course, I wasn't quite sure why this game made the cut on the SNES classic and not Tetris Attack but after playing it I'm glad it's on there. I'm sure I would've hated this game I had owned it or rented it back in day because of not having any clue as to how golf works but once you figure out the basics this game is really fun to play:)

Edited by Kudasai

I've been bouncing between Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, Kudasai said:

Kirby's Dream Course, I wasn't quite sure why this game made the cut on the SNES classic and not Tetris Attack but after playing it I'm glad it's on there. I'm sure I would've hated this game I had owned it or rented it back in day because of not having any clue as to how golf works but once you figure out the basics this game is really fun to play:)

It's one of my favorite Kirby games and I liked it a lot growing up despite not caring about golf. I think the 2 player mode got me started though because my brother and I would play that and just use the power ups to screw with each other. Don't remember playing the single player until later.

18 hours ago, Ric said:

I've been bouncing between Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2.

It's one of my favorite Kirby games and I liked it a lot growing up despite not caring about golf. I think the 2 player mode got me started though because my brother and I would play that and just use the power ups to screw with each other. Don't remember playing the single player until later.

To me Kirby's Dream Course is like NBA Jam where you can get enjoyment out of a game base on a sport that you're not a fan of

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, blueraven1999 said:

Playing Let's Go Eevee.  I'm on my way to Celadon now.

Still have a long way to go but I'm not in any hurry.  I like playing a little at a time.

I still don't have a Switch yet, but I'm still debating on if I want this or not, when I eventually get one. I hope you're having fun with it at least.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:01 PM, Kudasai said:

To me Kirby's Dream Course is like NBA Jam where you can get enjoyment out of a game base on a sport that you're not a fan of

I really want to play Kirby's Dream Course, I only got to play the first course in the game? Maybe a little bit of the second one that's about it. Also never played NBA Jam, but always wanted to.

40 minutes ago, BloodHawk1991 said:

I still don't have a Switch yet, but I'm still debating on if I want this or not, when I eventually get one. I hope you're having fun with it at least.

Yep I'm having fun with it.  A lot of Poketubers on YouTube have been playing the game.

Mostly the Pikachu game.  I'll be grinding later on.  I'm currently in Saffron City and I have to grind 5 more levels

before I can do the gym there. 

There's pokemon I missed earlier in the game though and I don't have any shinies yet so

it's not a total waste of time.

Edited by blueraven1999

On 11/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Yep I'm having fun with it.  A lot of Poketubers on YouTube have been playing the game.

Mostly the Pikachu game.  I'll be grinding later on.  I'm currently in Saffron City and I have to grind 5 more levels

before I can do the gym there. 

There's pokemon I missed earlier in the game though and I don't have any shinies yet so

it's not a total waste of time.

I might pick it up. We'll see. There are a lot more games on Switch I want first though. 

• Like 1

• panic pinned this topic