UnevenEdge

What are you playing?

BloodHawk1991

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, Ric said:

Finished Hard Corps Uprising with my bro last night, and in the middle of Azure Striker Gunvolt.

I don't think I've heard of Hard Corps Uprising, but I've been wanting to play Azure Striker Gunvolt for a while now. >.<

I hope you've enjoyed both of them. =3

On 3/4/2018 at 4:31 PM, BloodHawk1991 said:

I don't think I've heard of Hard Corps Uprising, but I've been wanting to play Azure Striker Gunvolt for a while now. >.<

I hope you've enjoyed both of them. =3

It's Contra basically, but it has a mode where you get exp and increase your health, power, etc. That was what we did, don't think we would've made it through Arcade. Gunvolt is a lot of fun, if you think you'd enjoy it I'm pretty sure you will.

Recently finished Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Have since been dividing time between the Secret of Mana remake and Yakuza 0 -- which I'm hoping to complete along with Kiwami before Song of Life comes out.

Edited by diphenyl oxalate

On 3/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Ric said:

It's Contra basically, but it has a mode where you get exp and increase your health, power, etc. That was what we did, don't think we would've made it through Arcade. Gunvolt is a lot of fun, if you think you'd enjoy it I'm pretty sure you will.

Contra has always looked like fun but being able to increase your health and power sounds like it would be more fun than just straight up being mostly the same to Contra. I'm sure I would like Gunvolt, I just need to get it and play it at some point.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:05 AM, diphenyl oxalate said:

Recently finished Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Have since been dividing time between the Secret of Mana remake and Yakuza 0 -- which I'm hoping to complete along with Kiwami before Song of Life comes out.

I've always wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana, they look like fantastic games. @.@ I know next to nothing about Yakuza but from the tiny bit I've seen it looks like it would be a lot of fun.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:49 PM, IKMongo said:

I've been playing a shit ton of Kingdom Come: Deliverance and FFXIV. Damn time sink games...

How are they, I haven't really heard much about them honestly. Yes I know I probably should have but >.> I don't know anything about them. Well other than Final Fantasy being an online game.

1 hour ago, BloodHawk1991 said:

New Doom is fantastic, I really hope there's a sequel at some point.

i gotta say i played like 5 minutes of the game on my in laws pc before i played the switch version. the game looked great and played good. all the settings turned up 60fps. going to the switch version was a pretty big step down in visuals but the game still looks and plays good. especially in portable mode it was great. 

On 3/10/2018 at 4:46 PM, BloodHawk1991 said:

I've always wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana, they look like fantastic games. @.@ I know next to nothing about Yakuza but from the tiny bit I've seen it looks like it would be a lot of fun.

If you're wanting a retro experience and don't mind the chibi-style mobile graphics then Mana is okay. Otherwise I'd ignore it.

But Yakuza 0? Buy that shit. If I had the memory to compile a best of 2017 list it'd probably be in first.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, BloodHawk1991 said:

How are they, I haven't really heard much about them honestly. Yes I know I probably should have but >.> I don't know anything about them. Well other than Final Fantasy being an online game.

KCD is amazing. I mean its buggy of course because indie devs plus huge open world, but over all its great. I highly recommend it if you are going for a more realistic game where choices and play style matter.

FFXIV is basically FF WoW in terms of combat mechanics. But its a beautiful game, great stories, good community and online play is "optional". You can ay through the game with as much social interaction or as little as possible.

Guest The Hound
On 3/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, TrigunBebop said:

Diablo III Reaper of Souls on PC.

So much better than the PS3 version. :|

msg me your b.net 

i just started a seasonal.

On 3/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

i gotta say i played like 5 minutes of the game on my in laws pc before i played the switch version. the game looked great and played good. all the settings turned up 60fps. going to the switch version was a pretty big step down in visuals but the game still looks and plays good. especially in portable mode it was great. 

I could only imagine that game being a lot more fun portable, but yeah the Switch isn't the most powerful thing, but it's still fun.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, kameljoe said:

Whoa...Bloodhawk from IB?That's cool.

On topic,right now i m playing BF1 (still) and also (even still) modding and playing FO4.Just waiting for Sea of Thieves and FC5.

Also glad to see that the boards are still here in a sense.

It might be. :o

I never got into the BF series, I hope you're enjoying it though. I really want to try Sea of Thieves, that game looks so fun. >.<

On 3/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, IKMongo said:

KCD is amazing. I mean its buggy of course because indie devs plus huge open world, but over all its great. I highly recommend it if you are going for a more realistic game where choices and play style matter.

FFXIV is basically FF WoW in terms of combat mechanics. But its a beautiful game, great stories, good community and online play is "optional". You can ay through the game with as much social interaction or as little as possible.

You're kinda making me wanna try out FFXIV, it looks fun, but I don't know if I wanna sink that much time into the game. 

2 hours ago, BloodHawk1991 said:

I could only imagine that game being a lot more fun portable, but yeah the Switch isn't the most powerful thing, but it's still fun.

im just having a lot of fun with the console at this time. power is really weak but a dev that puts in the work can make it work and doom is a good example. yes there are lots of compromises being made but the game looks fine when docked and for portable the drop in resolution isnt that bad.  its been slow going for me since im playing in hard mode or whatever its called. 

I've been going back and forth between playing Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Ultra Sun, my third copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf,

and Tomodachi Life since January.  I'm up to 8 married couples in Tomodachi Life which is good.  Lately I've been mostly playing Pokemon Ultra Sun.

I think I'm getting close to reaching the last island.  Currently caught 105 pokemon.

19 hours ago, BloodHawk1991 said:

You're kinda making me wanna try out FFXIV, it looks fun, but I don't know if I wanna sink that much time into the game. 

The storyline is worth it. You also dont have to go full mmo grind. You progress enough to go through the story fairly evenly.

• panic pinned this topic