UnevenEdge

its so dead here

fuggnificent

3 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I talked about her a bit; in reference to the story competition that I was worried she wouldn't be able to join on account of the ban.

Which she did not, which is  a goddamn shame because if she had I might have gotten bumped up a place... maybe...

I rated your story lower than all of the others 

30 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

We've covered this in the thread: the story suffered from structural problems, not enough emphasis on the characters, and the twist was not handled  well.

I deserve that rating.

Well, if it's any consolation, your's is number 1 with me because I not reading any of the rest of that shit

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

I woke up 20 minutes ago. Just one of those recharging days.

Close to an hour for me.....I'll recharge later....Right now, I need to wax these wood floors.....I noticed last night with the glow from the TV, these things are scuffed up.  Still like it better than carpet

I bought a house this fall and we refinished the wood floors before moving in this month. My father (a contractor) gave me the option of paying his professional floor guy to do it, or him doing it for the cost of materials, even though he's never done a floor before.

So the floors aren't perfect because he/we did it, the sanding between coats of poly could have been been done more carefully, there's some marks that could have been sanded a bit more to begin with, and there a little bit of streaking when the light hits it just right.

My mother, she is a perfectionist and can't let that go. So all I ever hear from her is "the floor was a cobb job, you can't sell that house until you get the floors redone again, you should have just paid the guy to do it right in the first place, you're going to have to do it all again but one room at a time now" and it's like 'holy shit, I just moved in and I don't even have a kitchen sink yet and boxes are stacked everywhere unpacked, and you don't even live here!'

So that's my story about wood floors.

• Like 1