UnevenEdge

Monster Hunter World

Hidden

On 2/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, SwimOdin said:

Will I enjoy this even though I’ve never been into monster hunter and I would rather play solo than with others?

@SwimOdinyes you will. im new to the series and its probably my 2nd favorite game of all time. imo, one of the most satisfying things about this game is knowing you have the capability to kill these monsters alone despite their size and power; everything can be soloed. so you should be fine.

Edited by Hidden

The game just shipped 6 million units in two weeks. There's no shortage of copies.

If you're on the fence about this game. Wait for the PC port. The vanilla PS4 and Xbone versions run poorly, you should treat yourself with the Pro and One X if you really need to. But like I said, wait for the PC port because Capcom has a great track record of porting games to the PC.

i actually havent heard one person mention capcom and good pc ports in the same sentence and ive been surrounded by monster hunter talk for a minute lol. not that i dont believe you, though. i actually have no idea what their track record is like, but im hoping for the best.

on another note, it runs smoothly on my ps4.

def getting it for pc tho.

@Hachimanyea it goes by quests instead. but i wouldnt worry too too much about it. an increase in rank doesnt affect your base stats or anything.

5 hours ago, Hidden said:

i actually havent heard one person mention capcom and good pc ports in the same sentence and ive been surrounded by monster hunter talk for a minute lol. not that i dont believe you, though. i actually have no idea what their track record is like, but im hoping for the best.

on another note, it runs smoothly on my ps4.

def getting it for pc tho.

@Hachimanyea it goes by quests instead. but i wouldnt worry too too much about it. an increase in rank doesnt affect your base stats or anything.

Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Dragon's Dogma, UMVC3, DMC4, Lost Planet, to name a few are all outstanding PC ports that run on the same engine as MH World. Didn't include SF4 because the PC is its base platform.

Edited by Rumb0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Unless they changed it in a recent update, I think you need Xbox Live Gold to play with other people.

Oh I do. It just keeps failing and I'm trying to join with same level friends. The forums claim this is a known issue.

• 3 months later...