UnevenEdge

So Suikoden II **SPOILERS**

GuyBeardmane

I want to just curl up in a ball under a blanket and sob for the next couple days because Nanami.

Like, goddamn.  Saddest thing to happen in all video game history.  It was tragic enough that Riou and Jowy found themselves on opposite sides of the war being best friends and children and all, but then both of them watching Nanami get killed just broke my heart.  I've lost the will to continue the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric said:

If you really want the best ending, consult a guide on this playthrough. Some of the 108 are easy to miss.

Gilbert was ass.  Too early in the game to rely on luck and getting him.  Restarted 3 times to make sure someone successfully attacked him and then that he didn't die.

But yeah, it wasn't that I didn't get the 108, it was that I didn't press the button in time to save Nanami.  Riou's supposed to dive in to save her if you react in the half-second you have to say "Look out" or "Nanami," but instead I got the part where she deflects two arrows and catches the third in the gut.  Replaying the whole thing to try and save her this time.  Also going to get the early ending where they abandon the army too.

Like, I just started playing Suikoden in the past two weeks.  Really enjoyed the first one, thought it was fun.  Love the second one, and it's just got me really into the characters.  I need to find copies of 3 and 4 since I missed out on this series the first time around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 1:28 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

Like, I just started playing Suikoden in the past two weeks.  Really enjoyed the first one, thought it was fun.  Love the second one, and it's just got me really into the characters.  I need to find copies of 3 and 4 since I missed out on this series the first time around.

you may want to watch gameplay of them first, 3 is a little different and I didn't like it nearly as much and 4 is sea based combat.