UnevenEdge

IPB Upgrade Discussion

3 minutes ago, Mewn said:

Yeah, I noticed that, I ended up reuploading mine too, but that wasn't too bad. The cover photo thing is odd, tho, it should work for everyone. I wonder if it has to do with the browser? I'm on chrome, what are y'all on?

I'm using Chrome. What can I say this outlaw message board is work in progress

21 hours ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

Spoiler tags are probably not in the base package. That's a @KN question.

Katt, I sent out a bulk email alert. Did anyone get it?

Yep, I saw it just now when I got back from work. So if I got it, others probably got it as well since I've only ever received the board-wide announcement alerts. 

3 hours ago, Cille said:

Is there a way to see threads I've posted in that have unread posts?

I have yet to discover it myself, but the answer might be somewhere on the IPB community board.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/welcome/invision-community-r7/

KN and Raptor, if there are any odd things, you might find answers here as well, or in the more general community forum. They seem to be pretty responsive.

This particular animated gif isn't animated when I use it as an avatar:

aX49jiZ.gif

It was made by @Stonergoth187 several years ago, as well as a bunch of others she made for me. I've tried a few more, and they work, but this one doesn't.

Stoner, if you want to tackle this one by fixing the actual avatar yourself, feel free. :D

18 hours ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

Top left

activity, my activity streams, content I posted in

18 hours ago, CAC said:

Also, if your in there you can create a custom "stream" and set the sort how you want it and save the stream.

Kind of clunky, but it'll work. Thanks for the intel.

7 hours ago, Stonergoth187 said:

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I figured it could be the dimensions so i made it bigger

edited.gif

@Stonergoth187 That fixed the animation issue, but now the picture of the character is too small for my liking. Is there anyway you can take this new image and scale the background back down closer to where it was originally? Alternatively, could you keep the dimensions of the whole thing the same but make the picture of the character bigger?

Note that the cropping tool in the board's software doesn't seem to help zoom in on the character.

1 hour ago, Mix said:

I tried to activate notifications for new posts on threads I follow or post in and it won't let me....what's up with that...I prefer notifications to emails...

Can someone enable that option please.... @Adminderaptorpat

I'm curious about that notification pop-up myself.  So far I've told my browser to shut it up, since I'm not really sure what said notifications actually involve.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, Adminderaptorpat said:

I've never sent one before so I dunno what you gettin

Back when KN sent a board-wide Howler telling people that being extra crispy jackasses wouldn't be tolerated and would be bannable. :D

Also, maybe anyone can help with this but... is there anyway for individuals to set thread posts per page back to 25? I'm getting serious board crash issues in some threads where threads refuse to load all the way and then the site stops responding. It started last night right before I logged out and it's still going now. I was hoping that maybe setting my viewing limits to something like 25 would fix that [worth a shot] . Of course, y'all might be poking at things too and unintentionally shaking the web in which case I'm patient. 

16 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

Thank god.

It would be much better, if we had an actual block button like on facebook. Then, it would make their entire existence, including their thread titles invisible and we wouldn't have to see each other.

There are posters within this community, that bitch too much about everything, which is all the more reason why this community can't grow. This is coming from a complainer. I may complain but NOT to the extent, that I hate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in life.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Also, maybe anyone can help with this but... is there anyway for individuals to set thread posts per page back to 25? I'm getting serious board crash issues in some threads where threads refuse to load all the way and then the site stops responding. It started last night right before I logged out and it's still going now. I was hoping that maybe setting my viewing limits to something like 25 would fix that [worth a shot] . Of course, y'all might be poking at things too and unintentionally shaking the web in which case I'm patient. 

Ok, might have figured out the lagging to non-responsiveness issue. 

So far I think the only threads where things crash and burn are threads where Philosopher Stoned has posted. His sig space contains that cloud music thingie link in it and the board seems to get hung up on that for some reason. Could there be some sort of weird code that isn't quite closed properly in it? I'm assuming since the board code took it [it's not like it's dancing or autoplays or anything annoying like that] , it's kosher itself but there's something lingering in it that's farting up the page loads. 

49 minutes ago, Philosipher_Stoned said:

Oh ok I'lll just take the link out completely if it's crashing things, but there may be a better code I can use for this software that'll fix it to give me a bit.

Thanks dude. :)

It didn't mess with the other board so I don't know why it would be farting things up here. There's got to be something lingering in it that is just enough to hook loads and it's probably something simple. :D