UnevenEdge

UFC Event Discussions

Mix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Rousey fight pretty much went how I expected....I honestly don't understand how people thought it was going to go any other way  :-\

The Cruz fight was the real show, not just in terms of outcome, but overall performance...Garbrandt showed a depth of skill that was truly intimidating and Cruz, having finally come face to face with someone capable of taking advantage of his fundamentally unsound style, showed grit only great champions possess....It was a joy to watch...I honestly thought Cruz would walk away with it, but champions are only at the top to be knocked off...looking forward to No Love's next fight...hopefully it's Dillashaw

• 4 months later...

Will Jose Aldo re-establish himself as the 145 roost ruler. Will Gadelha or Kowalkiewicz make a case for another shot at the title.  Will Belfort and Marquardt return to form or show their age. Will Moraes prove he belongs at the top in his UFC debut or will Assuncao return to number one contender status. Will Erick Silva use his 5th second chance to finally back up the hype. This and more at UFC 212, Saturday June 3rd  :fap:

Main Card

Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway [145 lbs World Title]

Claudia Gadelha vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz [115 lbs]

Vitor Belfort vs Nate Marquardt [185 lbs]

Marlon Moraes vs Raphael Assuncao [135 lbs]

Erick Silva vs Yancy Medeiros [170 lbs]

Luri Alcantara vs Briain Kelleher [135 lbs]

who ya got?  ::spin::

I think they're all toss ups except the Alcantara fight. I can't say that I have a fair critique of Kelleher's skills 'cause...well, I've never seen him do the damn thing.....but Luri is a baaaad man....that guy is so fucking talented it's a shame how underrated he is....possibly because he always seems so damn disinterested with the outcome of his fights...

looks like I was wrong....Kelleher wasn't much on the feet, but he slapped on the mother of all guillotines when Alcantara took him down....that thing must of been insanely tight 'cause it was an arm in guillotine and Alcantara tapped almost immediately

The young lion has killed the old lion....the cycle of life

that was a good scrap, but it was hard for me to watch. I've been a fan of Aldo since I saw his WEC debut against the venerable Alexandre Franca Nogueira. He was the young lion then, toppling a former champ.... :'(

It's been a great career  :brownbottle:

The young lion has killed the old lion....the cycle of life

that was a good scrap, but it was hard for me to watch. I've been a fan of Aldo since I saw his WEC debut against the venerable Alexandre Franca Nogueira. He was the young lion then, toppling a former champ.... :'(

It's been a great career  :brownbottle:

Yep pretty much dude Also why dint he use his kicks

Yep pretty much dude Also why dint he use his kicks

I wondered the same thing...he made it known that they were part of the plan...the more compelling of the two reasons I could come up with is the vast improvement of his boxing made it a priority...people work on things between fights and sometimes fall in love with those particular skills....if I told you Andrei Arlovski was a world class grappler, would you believe me? Guy knocked someone out and it was kickboxing ever since....I think that's what happened to Aldo here....in truth, I don't think it would have made a difference...Max would have just countered the kicks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's always creepy interviewing someone after they got their head caved in.

did you see the vid that was released....he kept trying to leave and they wouldn't let him....and they wouldn't let his team in to console him...

it was rough watching that happen to a great champion...

• 3 weeks later...

And Jon Jones got caught with steroids

Poor Cormier....that guy better get the respect he deserves now...

And I think this finally makes it clear, Jon was doping the entire time....legacy ruined....GOAT status lost forever

• 3 weeks later...