UnevenEdge

Halloween Candy Recommendation

PurgatoryGirl

Aside from the usual candy to eat and give out like chocolate candy bars and whatnot for Halloween, I have a creepy recommendation. I highly recommend Sour Gummy Spiders. YES, this is coming from an arachnophobic, who kills spiders constantly!

VidalHalSpider__42287.1410216300.500.659.jpg?c=2

The ONLY time I will ever like a spider is when I'm eating it in candy form. Otherwise, let the spider killing spree continue!

• Like 1

Aside from the usual candy to eat and give out like chocolate candy bars and whatnot for Halloween, I have a creepy recommendation. I highly recommend Sour Gummy Spiders. YES, this is coming from an arachnophobic, who kills spiders constantly!

The ONLY time I will ever like a spider is when I'm eating it in candy form. Otherwise, let the spider killing spree continue!

Hmm. Sounds like that would taste good.

It really isn't that difficult to do. Here is a recipe for the truffle body

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chocolate-truffles-recipe-1914564

After you make the truffles. coat them with cocoa powder, stick in the pretzel stix legs and you can use those silver cake decorator sprinkle balls for eyes if you want to get your Martha Stewart on.  :D

If you don't want to use gran marnier, you can use rum, which is surprisingly good. Best of all, you have a bottle of rum left over to spike cider with.  ;)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 10/29/2017 at 9:46 PM, PurgatoryGirl said:

I will eat any sour candy no matter what form it takes

I always hand out little kit kats, snickers, and baby ruth's (I keep those around for the special chance Sloth stops by)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have several bags of candy that I bought for trick-or-treaters before I realized that a collegiate football game I was going to attend would be happening at the same time as my towns Beggar's Night. Most of the candy is based on chocolate, but a there are some sugar candies in a mix bag.

I've been eating candy corn and mellowcreme pumpkins since back in September, because my local store didn't carry any Halloween-themed Peeps this year.

Eating Rice Krispie Treats is the only time I will ever eat marshmallows because marshmallows make me gag. So does Candy Corn. Yuck!

On my local news, they have recently reported that there is special beer being sold at a local bar, which is made to taste like Candy Corn. Some of the reporters had mixed opinions about it.

Personally, I was never a beer drinker. When I used to drink, I drank either wine, or malt liquor.

Pierre Smirnoff's Green Apple Twisted was a drink, that college friends KNEW I drank.

Candy Corn, marshmallows, and beer? *HURL*

We seriously need a gag smiley on this site.

There was one time I found gummy spiders (ones that weren't sour) and they were amazing, but I couldn't find them afterwards. Good stuff though.

Have a bag of candy to hand out, but I personally enjoy anything that's peanut butter & chocolate, Mounds/Almond Joy, or gummy candy. Skittles, Starbursts and Jolly Ranchers are pretty good too.

4 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

There was one time I found gummy spiders (ones that weren't sour) and they were amazing, but I couldn't find them afterwards. Good stuff though.

Have a bag of candy to hand out, but I personally enjoy anything that's peanut butter & chocolate, Mounds/Almond Joy, or gummy candy. Skittles, Starbursts and Jolly Ranchers are pretty good too.

I've eaten both sweet and sour Gummi Spiders. If the stores sell more creepy crawly-looking candy around Halloween for the kiddies, they would probably be more of a hit.

Earlier, there were some kids being driven around by their parents to do Trick Or Treating. They didn't stop at my house or anyone else' house on my street.

Since there's nobody on my street with kids, it would've been a waste of time stopping at our houses, anyway.

That's besides the fact, that they were coming from a different city to go Trick Or Treating.

9 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I usually do a mix of chocolate and fruit candy like Kit Kats/Milky Ways and Starburst/Sweetarts so the kiddies have options. They're on their own this year because my lazy ass is staying in with the lights out. 

The Trick Or Treating for kids within my town doesn't start until the day of Halloween.

That reminds me, I still have yet to finish up eating the rest of my other Gummi Candy.

Had I not been running around like crazy earlier, I could've sat and ate them while watching some movies.