UnevenEdge

What Horror Movie/Show Are You Watching Right Now?

DragonSinger

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

The Thing 2011 

Really wish they'd have come up with a better name, makes it a dick to find, since there's The thing, John Carpenters The Thing which is a revision of the old bw one, and The Thing 2011 which is meant to be a prequel to John Carpenters The Thing. 

The John Carpenter version is still the bestxD

12 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

In 2003, there was a Halloween e-greeting card with Hello Kitty doing a spoof of The Blair Witch Project. I think I sent it to a college friend back then. Watching Hello Kitty run through the forest was hilarious.xD

That kitty is going to be abducted and killed by the blair witch. 

• Haha 1

13 GHOSTS, Oculus, Conjuring, 1408 

1408 kinda makes me think of that one skit in Creep Show; where the Guy is in his penthouse that gets infested with roaches.  King wrote both, so I think he might have some hangups on being alone in hotel rooms. Would like to hear his input on Silent Hill 4 the room. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I've watched a few since the last time I was in here.
The Lost Boys

For the last 3 decades, my mom has owned The Lost Boys Soundtrack on vinyl. Who doesn't love The Lost Boys?

Meanwhile, I tried watching Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight on Encore Suspense but the storm kept making the satellite go out on Sunday night.

I hadn't seen it, since the '90s. The same applies for Tales From The Hood. It's amazing.

Cable and satellite channels have been airing Horror Movies such as Gremlins and Silent Night, Deadly Night. However, there is still no sign of Tales From The Hood.

Like seriously?

Meanwhile, I finally saw Wes Craven's The Last House On The Left from 1972 on the HD Net Movies Channel.

OMG! As a Horror fan, never in all my years have I ever felt so repulsed by a Horror film. Turns out the movie falls under the Exploitation Horror sub-genre.

For years, I have heard about The Last House On The Left and that it was banned in some cities and countries. After watching it last night, I can understand why.

Watching The Last House On The Left felt like I was watching a gratuitous version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dead Man Walking, and HBO's Oz with a dash of Splatterpunk Horror.

The Last House On The Left had gratuitous rape scenes, including lesbian rape scenes followed by serial killing.

Watching it felt like something you would read and/hear about on local news. From a Horror writer's perspective, I understand what Craven was trying to show viewers.

At the same time, The Last House On The Left was extremely grisly and more gratuitous than anything I have ever written in regards to Horror. Just... ugh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I haven't seen The Last House On The Left or I Spit On Your Grave in years. 

The Last House On The Left was just repulsive to watch. I read that a movie critic literally walked out the theater when it released in '72.

He said he couldn't stomach it after watching the 1 girl be dismembered.

Because I missed the first 1/2 hour of Wolf on the Sony channel, earlier this morning, I was hoping that it would re-air tonight.

Wolf was another Horror Movie from the mid-90's, that I hadn't seen in years.

Meanwhile, every premium channel has been re-airing the same movies as if there are no other movies that exist.

Even though I like watching Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight, Tales From The Hood should've been on at least 1 of Starz or Encore's channels.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 11:38 PM, PurgatoryGirl said:

Because I missed the first 1/2 hour of Wolf on the Sony channel, earlier this morning, I was hoping that it would re-air tonight.

Wolf was another Horror Movie from the mid-90's, that I hadn't seen in years.

Meanwhile, every premium channel has been re-airing the same movies as if there are no other movies that exist.

Even though I like watching Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight, Tales From The Hood should've been on at least 1 of Starz or Encore's channels.

Demon night was awesome. I remember seeing that in middle school and being impressed.

Suburban Gothic - Meh. 

Spoiler

I did enjoy when the bullies got maced.

Fear Inc - it was predictable in every way possible.

I'm doing a Hulu free trial and going through their horror movies since I have no interest in keeping it once I finish Brooklyn 99. I Saw the Devil is on there and should be more entertaining.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Like 1

About 60 minutes or so ago, I finished watching Child's Play on EPIX. I can't believe it has been 30 years, since the time it was released.

I always thought the creators modeled the Good Guy dolls after My Buddy And Me dolls from the '80s.

Welp, it turns out that the Good Guy dolls were actually modeled after The Cabbage Patch Kids, that talked; That's actually what Chucky was modeled after.

In fact, the creators of Child's Play replicated the toy store fights that customers had over The Cabbage Patch Kids from the '80s. I didn't realize that until re-watching the film this afternoon. LOL!

I still have my mine somewhere.

On Christmas Eve 1988, my aunt went to see Child's Play with her college friend at the theaters. Supposedly, they got so scared of Chucky that they literally ran out the theater screaming.

Then on Christmas morning, my mom took my talking Cabbage Patch doll, that she just bought as a Christmas present into my aunt's bedroom and woke her up with it. She flipped her shit listening to her talk!

I wish I would've been in my aunt's bedroom to witness that freak out. My mom played an evil prank on her 30 years ago. LMAO!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are at least a handful of guys I know in real life and cyber space, who love Fairuza Balk's portrayal of Nancy.

In some ways, the character's personality reminds me of someone I've been friends with for the last 16 years. Right now, her hair is hot pink. She is more of a Nerdy Goth though. LOL!

Anyway, you're not the only guy I have met, who loves Nancy from The Craft.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

17 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

There are at least a handful of guys I know in real life and cyber space, who love Fairuza Balk's portrayal of Nancy.

I'm kind of a Sarah at the end guy too.

17 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

In some ways, the character's personality reminds me of someone I've been friends with for the last 16 years. Right now, her hair is hot pink. She is more of a Nerdy Goth though. LOL!

It's like you and your friends are my kryptonite.... xD

• Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

Looks like there wasn't anything worth watching last night. It doesn't seem like there's anything I want to watch at this very second either.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is on, which is something I definitely don't care to see. Years ago, I watched the original and fell asleep.

The same thing happened when trying to watch Cujo. Well, with Cujo, I snoozed during the first hour. Then, woke up and was enraged by how stupid it was.

Every character in that movie was stupid and obnoxious, especially the mother and son. We're supposed to believe that a dog with rabies is so strong, that he can head butt a car and not break his skull from it? C'mon!

The mother sucks at swinging a baseball bat, when trying to hit Cujo and the cop is so clumsy, that he drops his own gun when trying to shoot Cujo. That movie insults people's intelligence.

7 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

This classic scene from The Craft is a favorite of most of us fans.

This one has always been my fave:

Spoiler

One time, I saw my dad watching it right at this scene, so I stood in the doorway and then went all out mimicking the "He's sorry, he's sorry..." part. My dad was like :|

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2018 at 12:02 PM, SorceressPol said:

This one has always been my fave:

Hide contents

One time, I saw my dad watching it right at this scene, so I stood in the doorway and then went all out mimicking the "He's sorry, he's sorry..." part. My dad was like :|

I love this scene, too. Another favorite is when that bitch loses her hair and she's crying about how it won't stop falling out.👿

• Like 1

Since I was bored last night and saw nothing else I wanted to watch, I chose to watch all 3 Species films, including the "lowbrow" 3rd movie.

The writing for the franchise could've been a lot better.

After watching all 3, I noticed that there was a major emphasis on aliens raping and/attempting to rape humans and vice versa.

As disgusting as some of the scenes were, I couldn't help rolling my eyes while laughing at how unrealistic and contrived certain scenes were.

For example, if the aliens are only so many days and hours old, how do they know how to drive a damn car?9_9

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

I Saw the Devil

And this is another film getting thrown into the overrated pile. 

Spoiler

The beginning was good, but the protagonist and cops are all idiots. Being over 2 hours isn't helping either cause the movie is just repeating itself to fill space. I'm kind of annoyed because this is only reminding me that Oldboy probably would have made me happier, but I missed my window to watch it on Netflix. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

I wonder if they were dumber than the cops in The Last House On The Left from 1973.

They were probably not as bad as 70's movie cops, but dumb enough to make a lot of stuff unrealistic and take me out of the scene.

2 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

If you have Dish, Krampus will be airing pretty soon on the Fox Movie Channel, which is on Channel 384.

Because there is a show I'm watching tonight, I will DVR the 2nd airing.

Thank you, I was just talking about that movie the other day and meant to go look it up to record.

16 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

They were probably not as bad as 70's movie cops, but dumb enough to make a lot of stuff unrealistic and take me out of the scene.

Thank you, I was just talking about that movie the other day and meant to go look it up to record.

From the pattern I've noticed with '70s Horror films, they made the cops so dumb that they make me mad enough to start screaming at the screen.

Speaking of Krampus, it appears that the Fox Movie Channel has commercial breaks, which is disappointing and annoying.

I thought it was a commercial free channel. It seems that isn't the case.

With that being said, I think I'll just watch Krampus. I never had a chance to see it until now.

If it's not that great, I won't record it once it eventually airs on a premium channel. It's on right now.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

Leave it up to Hollywood filmmakers to ruin foreign folklores. We're nearly an hour into Krampus and every character in this movie is annoying. The filmmakers overdid it with making everyone obnoxious.

The adults are just as annoying as the brats. They have worked my nerves enough, that I want to teleport myself through the screen just to bitch slap them all. LOL!

The grandmother is the only likable character. Her speaking in German is a bonus.

Meanwhile, Krampus has too much CGI, which makes him look unrealistic. Also, Krampus doesn't arrive that close to Christmas.😒

Had the writers and filmmakers stayed true to his history, Krampus arrives on December 5th, which is the night before Saint Nicholas Day. Krampus is supposed to spank brats, give them a lump of coal, and possibly whisk their bad asses to Hell BEFORE Saint Nicholas Day and Christmas NOT on Christmas Eve or Day.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Leave it up to Hollywood filmmakers to ruin foreign folklores. We're nearly an hour into Krampus and every character in this movie is annoying. The filmmakers overdid it with making everyone obnoxious.

The adults are just as annoying as the brats. They have worked my nerves enough, that I want to teleport myself through the screen just to bitch slap them all. LOL!

The grandmother is the only likable character. Her speaking in German is a bonus.

Meanwhile, Krampus has too much CGI, which makes him look unrealistic. Also, Krampus doesn't arrive that close to Christmas.😒

Had the writers and filmmakers stayed true to his history, Krampus arrives on December 5th, which is the night before Saint Nicholas Day. Krampus is supposed to spank brats, give them a lump of coal, and possibly whisk their bad asses to Hell BEFORE Saint Nicholas Day and Christmas NOT on Christmas Eve or Day.

I'll remember to go in with very low expectations.

Right now I'm watching Santa's Slay. It's a silly as hell movie with Goldberg the former pro wrestler as a killer santa(way more backstory that I'm too lazy to give). I actually like it but fully admit the part of my brain that digs it is also the part that likes Surf Ninjas.

2 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

I'll remember to go in with very low expectations.

Right now I'm watching Santa's Slay. It's a silly as hell movie with Goldberg the former pro wrestler as a killer santa(way more backstory that I'm too lazy to give). I actually like it but fully admit the part of my brain that digs it is also the part that likes Surf Ninjas.

Maybe around midnight, I will post something about Krampus Day.

• Like 1

While Scream 2 is back on Encore Classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 will be airing in less than 20 minutes on Indieplex (Channel 378 on Dish).

I fail to see the point of airing Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 and 3, when they refuse to air the original from 1984.

I know those militant moms called Tri Star Films and protested to have the original banned nationwide, 34 years ago.

However, it defeats the purpose of showing the sequels when networks refuse to air the original.

Also, Child's Play will be airing on EPIX1 in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

So, just to give you all a heads up, it's only a few minutes in to Silent Night, Deadly Night 3. The sequel is showing flashbacks of the original from 1984.

I never saw Silent Night, Deadly Night 2. However, I will tell you that the acting in 3 is bad. I've watched better acting on soap operas than what's in Silent Night, Deadly Night 3.xD

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

4 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

While Scream 2 is back on Encore Classic, Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 will be airing in less than 20 minutes on Indieplex (Channel 378 on Dish).

I fail to see the point of airing Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 and 3, when they refuse to air the original from 1984.

I know those militant moms called Tri Star Films and protested to have the original banned nationwide, 34 years ago.

However, it defeats the purpose of showing the sequels when networks refuse to air the original.

Also, Child's Play will be airing on EPIX1 in less than 5 minutes.

The first one might be caught up in streaming deals. It was on tv a few years ago. I remember because I finally got to watch it and five fucking minutes in, I fell asleep because of a really bad pain flare draining my energy. After that, I didn't see it on tv again.

11 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

The first one might be caught up in streaming deals. It was on tv a few years ago. I remember because I finally got to watch it and five fucking minutes in, I fell asleep because of a really bad pain flare draining my energy. After that, I didn't see it on tv again.

Out of all the original Christmas Slashers, the original Silent Night, Deadly Night was the best. I never saw any of the sequels, until earlier this morning. 

When Dish Network's summary for Species III mentioned that it was a "lowbrow sequel," it should've said the same thing for Silent Night, Deadly Night 3. 

I was right in the middle of recording it on my DVR. Then, I deleted it.

Within the first 10 minutes, the acting was awful. Like I said earlier, I've seen better acting in soap operas than what was in Silent Night, Deadly Night 3. 

I never had the chance to watch 2 but if it was anything like 3, it's not worth watching. Besides the acting being terrible, the blood looked really fake. 

During the earliest slashing in Silent Night, Deadly Night 3, the blood looked like it could've been claymation. I'll even go as far as saying that it looked like Play-Doh. LMAO!

It was THAT fake! ROTFLMAO!😂

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Haha 1